Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/25/2021 3:51:26 PM EDT
Bummer, it's so close to me.

Update 6/25/2021

We’re sorry to say that we’ll be shutting our doors permanently in the near future.  There were several factors leading
to this of which I will not bore you, but the fact remains that we have some business to wrap up.

Our goal is to do right by our customers and have all firearms related business done with and closed out by Friday, July 16th.
That will consist of a few different areas:

Shop hours (tentatively) for the next couple of weeks will be:
Saturday 6/26 – Sunday 6/27 – CLOSED
Monday 6/28 – Friday 7/2 OPEN 11am – 6pm
Saturday 7/3 – Monday 7/5 – CLOSED
Tuesday 7/6 – Friday 7/9 – OPEN 11am – 6pm
Saturday 7/10 – OPEN 9am – 2pm
Monday 7/12 – Friday 7/16 OPEN 11am – 6pm

Firearm Transfers
We will STOP accepting transfer packages after Friday, July 2nd and have the carriers return them to the supplier.  Specifically,
if you (as of 6/25) don’t ALREADY have an order processing, we don’t recommend making any future orders for transfer at VW,
as I can’t promise if it will make it here by July 2nd.
We will be making phone calls to  customers regarding any existing transfer item or transfer item that arrives on or before
Friday, July 2nd as a reminder to come pick up your item.

We ask that all transfer items be picked up by July 16th.

Gunsmithing
We are not accepting any new gunsmithing jobs.
We are working to complete all existing gunsmithing jobs, and will be calling customers as they’re completed or
as reminders to pick up their items.

We ask that all gunsmithing items be picked up by July 16th.

Consignment Customers
We have items here that haven’t sold, and there are items that have sold recently, for which we owe.
PLEASE WAIT for us to call you, as we’ll have some paperwork to process and don’t want a rapid influx
of customers which could lead to lengthy wait times.
For those customers that we owe, we’ll contact you and give you the option to pick up a check for any
sold items or have it mailed to you at no charge.

Class III Items (Suppressors)
Effective immediately, we are not accepting any class III item transfer shipments.
We have a number of suppressors in our safe awaiting approval of the submitted Form 4s and pickup.
We are working with the ATF to figure out how that will be handled in as painless of process as possible.
I don’t currently have the exact details on how exactly that is going to work, but you have my word
that we’ll do right by our customers and will update you when we have further details.

Please direct questions to [email protected] and we’ll get to you ASAP.  Thank you.

Sorry for the bad news, but our main goal is to make sure all existing customer obligations are met in
a satisfactory way.  Thanks and have a great weekend. --VW
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They are good guys... sorry to hear..  Not sure what they can do with those suppressors in jail.. Refunds? but sounds like some peeps may get the shaft .. Hope not..
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I always liked stopping in and I did a few transfers.

It is kind of a bad spot for a gunshop. It's not a place where someone would see it from the road and just stop in.

I bet they got hit with the firearm/ammo shortage.  Not many guns = less transfers. I think they did most of their money on transfers and gunsmithing
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are good guys... sorry to hear..  Not sure what they can do with those suppressors in jail.. Refunds? but sounds like some peeps may get the shaft .. Hope not..
View Quote

Usually it isn't an issue unless the dealer "ghosts"

I'd say with the available info in the OP, that they'll make it right and it won't be an issue
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like ATF will expedite transfers through him and/or let the transfer go through another dealer with no additional cost.

Update 7/14/2021
We’re sorry to say that we’ll be shutting our doors permanently in the near future.  There were several factors leading to this of which I will not bore you, but the fact remains that we have some business to wrap up.

Our goal is to do right by our customers and have all firearms related business done with and closed out by Friday, July 16th.  That will consist of a few different areas:

Shop hours : Following Friday, July 16th, our shop will be CLOSED to the open public.

Firearm Transfers
We ask that all transfer items be picked up by July 16th.

Gunsmithing
We are not accepting any new gunsmithing jobs.
We are working to complete all existing gunsmithing jobs, and will be calling customers as they’re completed or as reminders to pick up their items.
We ask that all gunsmithing items be picked up by July 16th.

Consignment Customers
We still have a few items here from consignors that haven’t sold.  You’ve likely been notified already to please pick them up by the 16th.
If we owe on purchased consignment items, you’ve likely been notified already, and if you can’t pick up your check prior to the 16th, we’ll mail it to you.

Class III Items (Suppressors)
Effective immediately, we are not accepting any class III item transfer shipments.
We have a number of suppressors in our safe awaiting approval of the submitted Form 4s and pickup.  Per my discussion with the ATF today (7/14/2021) they will likely expedite your paperwork so that you can pick up your items in the near future.  Worst case scenario: they’ll be transferred to a local gun shop where you can pick them up, free of charge, once your Form 4 clears.  I’ll be in touch with all my class III customers to keep you up to date.  We’ll make sure you get your class III item.

TO BE CLEAR:  I’ll be here for at least a few more weeks after closing to ensure that all remaining business with customer’s is dealt with.
Please direct questions to [email protected] and we’ll get to you ASAP.  Thank you.

NOTE: There is a small chance that another party may purchase the business and continue operations in the near future, perhaps at a different location.  I’ll update you with details if that happens.

Thanks, and please email me with any questions. -- JR
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure if he's confused, but that part about transferring to another shop isn't exactly that simple.

The worst case scenario here is if he ghosts. Since there is communication ahead of time I don't see this as likely.

ATF might expedite the transfers, but even if they don't the transfers can most likely happen even if the ffl is expired.

If they do have to transfer to another dealer, it would involve canceling all the form4s in process, form3 to the new dealer, and then new form4s filed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
In the situation ATF usually fast tracks all the pending form 4's to get them approved in just a few weeks.

It's actually a great thing for the can owners
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe is having a Garage / Shop sale 8/29

Big Garage (and Shop Sale)
Hey everyone.  We'll be holding a garage / shop sale on Sunday, 8/29 from 10AM - 6PM to attempt to clear out remaining items at a cut price!

There is tons of stuff here, including:

Various AR15, Mosin, SKS, AK parts, etc...

Various gun accessories and magazines.

Power tooling (A mill, a lathe, a nice sand blaster, drill press with a nice vice, disc sander) plus more.  Some of the machines have a lot of tooling to go with them.

Various gunsmithing tools.

Office supplies, like monitors, display cases, checkout podium, gun display cases, filing cabinets, and many other misc office supplies.

Shelving units and cabinets.

2 mini refrigerators.  Office chairs and tables.  

A nice Epson Projector.  

And More!

PLEASE stop by to check it out.  If some of these items peak your interest but don't fit in that time window, we can arrange times.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always liked stopping in and I did a few transfers.

It is kind of a bad spot for a gunshop. It's not a place where someone would see it from the road and just stop in.

I bet they got hit with the firearm/ammo shortage.  Not many guns = less transfers. I think they did most of their money on transfers and gunsmithing
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about customers stopping in. Being off the main road was good for less visibility as a gun store. Unfortunately they were still broken into a couple years ago. Bad to see considering what they had to do to overcome it. Owner was definitely cool and I did several transfers with them.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top