Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2022 10:38:43 AM EDT
I am wondering if there is a market for a storage facility in Las Vegas specifically tailored for firearms - with an eye towards a) gun owners who find themselves having to relocate to California for work or other life changes, or b) California residents who might have firearms or magazines which might be problematic should law enforcement become aware of their existence.

If there was a reasonably priced and secure storage facility in Las Vegas where California residents could not just store firearms but access them easily to go shooting in the area - would that be an attractive arrangement?

Yes, there are other options like the usual self storage facility or even a bank safe deposit box. However, most self storage facilities are not especially secure and there always seem to be prying eyes when you have the door open. And storing guns in a bank safe depot box while secure, means having to go into a bank with a gun on you somewhere - even if in a bag or a box.

I would appreciate any input you may have on this subject.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
This has come up before.  I do not recall the discussions.

For me, storing my firearms and magazines in Nevada is tantamount to not having them.  Hence, this is of no interest to me.  

I do not have firearms just for sport (recreation) and storing them so far away would just not be viable.  

Those firearms I do have for sport, I ensure they're in a legal configuration.  However limiting that may be, they are still functional and easily accessible.  

It is my belief that most gun owners fit the description above, more or less.  

Are there people with unregistered 50BMG's, unregistered "assault rifles", full auto "machine guns", "illegal" linked ammo and high capacity magazines, silencers, "ghost guns", and other forms of contraban?  Surely, there are, somewhere.  Is that your target market?  

I'd bet it's a fairly small customer base.

I could be totally wrong.

Do you also plan having a place for them to shoot their toys, once they retrieve them?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting there would be many long term CA residents interested in this type of service. Maybe for those who might have some "standard capacity" magazines or an AR or AK from long ago - and then have some change in their living situation, maybe a new wife, son/daughter in law living in the same house who might have a different viewpoint about such things.

But primarily, I am thinking about people who might be moving to California, Hawaii, or even overseas who need someplace to store a few guns which they cannot legally bring with them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think there are some rental spaces available.  Never looked into it.  Maybe ask on the Nevada or Arizona HTFs?
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Most storage units are pretty clear about not allowing firearms or ammunition to be kept there.

Seems like a place that advertises itself as a firearms storage facility...is asking to get hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top