Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/14/2021 8:12:04 PM EDT
Got a business meeting in Cincinasty but have a couple of hours to kill, worth stopping by or is it the same as their other three stores? I will probably stop by AIM in Monroe if I have time to detour through
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
A pretty big store. Similar in size to the Hebron store. Very high priced ammo at the moment. AIM Surplus is more fun and I would go there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're coming down I-71, you might stop at Country Attic Treasures in South Lebanon. It's small, and they cater mainly to shotgunners, but they have some high end rifles, and a really nice reloading section.

I haven't been in a couple months, but at that time they often had powder and primers when nobody else did.

Unlike many other places, they would sell powder & primers over the phone and hold them for pickup. I was finding things there, often at cheaper prices, because they don't have have foot traffic of a box store.

Likely cleaned out now though.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree Country Attic is awesome.  They are cleaned out on reloading components though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
There's also Rural King in Lebanon for gun stuff. Completely random as to what will be in stock, but you might get lucky. Inside, and to the back right corner of the store.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Crap forget they're all closed on a Monday. That strip mall is depressing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#6]
My old man and I dropped by today as we were in the area and it was closed. I've heard its good and no good lol. Looking through the doors/closed sign today, it didn't look like anything to right home about but that was from outside looking in. I would still like to see inside to make my own opinion.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My old man and I dropped by today as we were in the area and it was closed. I've heard its good and no good lol. Looking through the doors/closed sign today, it didn't look like anything to right home about but that was from outside looking in. I would still like to see inside to make my own opinion.
View Quote
i thought they're only closed on Mondays? AIM is closed on Mondays too
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Little off topic but is there any trick to getting any of the vances to answer the goddamn phone? Ive tried all of the central ohio and cant get anyone to answer at the gun counter
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Little off topic but is there any trick to getting any of the vances to answer the goddamn phone? Ive tried all of the central ohio and cant get anyone to answer at the gun counter
View Quote
too busy selling guns and short-staffed at the counters?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Been going to The Fin lately, last few times I have been in Vances they tell me it will be a 2 hour wait to talk to a salesman, so I just take the little better than a hour drive up 71 and usually have a very minimal wait.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Been going to The Fin lately, last few times I have been in Vances they tell me it will be a 2 hour wait to talk to a salesman, so I just take the little better than a hour drive up 71 and usually have a very minimal wait.
View Quote
I was passing by Ashland on my way to Wooster and they didn't open till 12pm on Tuesday. WTF
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
love them

they have some ammo and plenty of 9mm but it runs 34.99 a box.  lets face it, it will be a while before you see 9 dollar ammo.
you can go on their web site, go to firearms, search for what you want and see if they have it in stock and which stores have them.
I've purchased a couple of guns from them recently using this method.
the paperwork takes forever, go early, get a ticket up front when you go in if you want a gun
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
What’s the smokeless powder situation like at these places? I know all the internet places are out of stock of everything, wondering if the physical stores are any better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What’s the smokeless powder situation like at these places? I know all the internet places are out of stock of everything, wondering if the physical stores are any better.
View Quote

Vance's website shows no powder in stock. No way to know about the dozens of other stores without calling or driving there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was passing by Ashland on my way to Wooster and they didn't open till 12pm on Tuesday. WTF
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that part sucks but it’s worth the trip.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah that part sucks but it's worth the trip.
View Quote
that's my favorite FFF location, i've bought many guns and safes from them, excellent CS
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Just left Country Attic the had a restock on some powders.  I grabbed some H335, limit two per SKU per person.  No primers but they did have some other components.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Heading back down to Cincinnasty for a sales meeting this week, hopefully I can see what vances has there and AIM.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top