Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2021 4:21:59 PM EDT
AR15's days may be numbered due to using AWS.  Some of the other HTFs are getting busy with networking (Tennessee especially).  Any SE Tucson and surrounding area members down with doing a meet up or at the very least exchanging info and networking?

I am in the Corona area and was thinking we could do a meet up at Tays BBQ, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not quite that far south/southeast but I like the meetup idea.  

I've completely disconnected from anything news these days so did I miss something?  Has Amazon talked about divesting themselves from anything gun related to include forums?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not quite that far south/southeast but I like the meetup idea.  

I've completely disconnected from anything news these days so did I miss something?  Has Amazon talked about divesting themselves from anything gun related to include forums?
View Quote

Amazon is giving Parler (a Twitter alternative geared toward conservatives) the boot from it's servers tonight.  Apple threatened to remove Parler from their App store and Google actually did it.

All out Tech war against conservatives seems to be gearing up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Vail guy here, used to live in Corona actually.  Always down for some Tay’s!

(Side note sad to hear they’re selling and moving)
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Amazon is giving Parler (a Twitter alternative geared toward conservatives) the boot from it's servers tonight.  Apple threatened to remove Parler from their App store and Google actually did it.

All out Tech war against conservatives seems to be gearing up.
View Quote

Oh wow.  Sadly I can't say I'm surprised...
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tay’s is selling and moving?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m down for a meet up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
How about adding the Cochise County members? I think we are going to need a statewide org soon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh crap, I looked it up right now and saw that the family is moving to Texas.  My wife and I were talking yesterday about starting to do dinner there weekly as my oldest has a class at Danzone right next door.  Sounds like the place will be closed or at least change ownership after next weekend.  That might change the meetup location a bit depending on what happens to Tays.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about adding the Cochise County members? I think we are going to need a statewide org soon.
View Quote

Absolutely would love it if we could get some Cochise county guys on board with meeting up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m down for a meet up.
View Quote

Awesome, hopefully we can get a group of people interested and then start working on a time and place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well...crap,  I've been meaning to hit the place but their limited hours and my work schedule never worked out.  

Montgomery's,  Rustico,  or Hot Rods have nice patio areas as an option.   Or the Legion,  I need to run out there and pay my dues anyways
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Too far north, I think, in the Casa Grande area.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m in Cochise county and would be interested in a meetup.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in Cochise County and I am interested.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Another in Cochise County checking in and interested in a meet up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Another in Cochise County checking in and interested in a meet up.

Edit: weird double post
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Whetstone! Represent!
(That's Cochise County)

Count me in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Can we get some recommendations/ideas on a restaurant or other meet up place as it seems my idea may be closing?

I can do a poll to help decide on the where once we get a few ideas thrown into the mix.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can we get some recommendations/ideas on a restaurant or other meet up place as it seems my idea may be closing?

I can do a poll to help decide on the where once we get a few ideas thrown into the mix.
View Quote

Hot Rods  (lotsa room inside and a nice patio area)
Rancho Rustico  (they have beer I like ...but might be kinda tight depending on group size)
Montgomery's  (Good burgers,  but also may be kinda tight...)

I say Hot Rods might be the best option for a quiet and spacious venue if we have a decent showing,  it's also right off the freeway so anyone inbound from elsewhere has easy access.  

Wherever we decide,  I suggest calling ahead to ensure they're going to be open.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]
confirm date/time
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in.  

Relatively recent transplant to Corona de Tucson (about 6 months).
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I am near Rita Ranch area and I am down to meetup.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody contact Dr. Love?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same. Serial Grillers has a much better menu than Hot Rods.  

I also like the American Legion suggestion and I will join that day if it is held there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Too far north, I think, in the Casa Grande area.
View Quote

We can car pool!

I’m down I’m in Marana
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay

So far the options are

Rustico
Hot Rods
Montgomery's
Serial Grillers
Legion

Any others?

What's the rule for those us who didn't serve and getting in the Legion?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Okay

What's the rule for those us who didn't serve and getting in the Legion?
View Quote

Probably get signed in as guests w/o issue,  and if you decide you like the place you can see if you qualify for a "Sons of American Legion" membership...

ETA:    Having said that,  depending on the size of the group I feel Hot Rods might be the best option as far as available space goes...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Rita also, and depending on the day (I work a lot), I may be down.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Depending on how I'm feeling that day, I'm in for a meetup.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Sahuarita and in for a meetup.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Probably get signed in as guests w/o issue,  and if you decide you like the place you can see if you qualify for a "Sons of American Legion" membership...

ETA:    Having said that,  depending on the size of the group I feel Hot Rods might be the best option as far as available space goes...
View Quote
Much of the logistics will depend on the mask/batrabies game that is still being forced on the date of the meet and greet.  For the least games, the Legion may be the best bet, but someone should recon prior to the selection.  They also have the cheapest drinks.

Hot Rods is almost always empty, but that doesn't mean whichever manager de jour won't be playing commie games.  The owner is definitely a commie.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Much of the logistics will depend on the mask/batrabies game that is still being forced on the date of the meet and greet.  For the least games, the Legion may be the best bet, but someone should recon prior to the selection.  They also have the cheapest drinks.

Hot Rods is almost always empty, but that doesn't mean whichever manager de jour won't be playing commie games.  The owner is definitely a commie.
View Quote

I vote cheap drinks
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I am in Marana but I am in for a meet up
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well dang....post or PM me the dope on that please.   I prefer not to support the opposition if I can help it
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I vote cheap drinks
View Quote

harumph!

I'll go pay my dues today and see what the guest policy is
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok... I can sign in as many guests at the Legion as I'd like... I'm just responsible for your actions and you have to leave when I do.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ok... I can sign in as many guests at the Legion as I'd like... I'm just responsible for your actions and you have to leave when I do.

View Quote

Which post is it
And what’s the process to join
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Which post is it
And what’s the process to join
View Quote

Do you already own a pair of goat leggings?

But seriously...

For non vets w/ parents or grandparents that are:
https://www.legion.org/sons/membershipfaqs

For vets:
http://www.post109.org/index.php?id=74
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay for the poll I am thinking the following options.

American Legion (Houghton and Sahuarita)
or
Serial Grillers

If we get a good enough turnout I don't think Rustico would be able to accommodate us and if the owner of Hot Rods is a lib, I'd prefer not give them business.  

Anyone have any issues with these two options.

Juan are you okay getting those of us that aren't vets into the Legion?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Juan are you okay getting those of us that aren't vets into the Legion?
View Quote

Of course,. I'm a non vet member FWIW. Just need to coordinate with my goofy on call work schedule
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Accidental post
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Accidental post
View Quote

Dont you mean "negligent post"?!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I hide out near Huachuca City, and I'd totally be in, but I'm working out of town.  Make it a regular thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ll try and find out if Tay’s new owners will keep the 2A, conservative, patriot theme going.  The old owners are good friends and clients of mine.  I think it’s a good spot because technically outdoors and they don’t play mask games...

Should we set up/figure out a different means of communication in case arf gets the axe? (Even temporarily?)
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’ll try and find out if Tay’s new owners will keep the 2A, conservative, patriot theme going.  The old owners are good friends and clients of mine.  I think it’s a good spot because technically outdoors and they don’t play mask games...

Should we set up/figure out a different means of communication in case arf gets the axe? (Even temporarily?)
View Quote

A bunch of us have joined a group through the Telegram App to keep in touch should ARF go down again.  IM me or check out this thread if you are interested in joining up.  Phoenix is heavily represented as expected, so it would be nice to get some more SE AZ guys in there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
This makes me sad....a lot of the Arizona Corvette Enthusiast meets were here.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#48]
If we want to run an easy "parking lot" meet-up, the owner of Viva Coffee Shop in Rita Ranch/Safeway parking lot, is most definitely pro-Trump and conservative.  

https://www.kold.com/2020/09/15/coffee-house-owner-arrested-board-supervisors-meeting/

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If we want to run an easy "parking lot" meet-up, the owner of Viva Coffee Shop in Rita Ranch/Safeway parking lot, is most definitely pro-Trump and conservative.  

https://www.kold.com/2020/09/15/coffee-house-owner-arrested-board-supervisors-meeting/

View Quote

I wouldn't mind giving him some business.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I wouldn't mind giving him some business.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top