Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2021 5:21:09 PM EDT
Rented a house at diamond Villa.  Bringing my family of 5 plus 2 friends of my kids.  Can you guys recommend good no tourist trap places to eat?  We are foodies And happy to try anything.  Kids love masube, poke, moco loco etc

Thanks for any suggestions!
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You have the kapahulu area that should be close by to you to try different restaurants there.

Try Rainbow Drive in and Tonkatsu Tamafuji

My SIL used to work at a hole in the wall Japanese restaurant that was close to the Zippys restaurant in the area. Not sure if that restaurant is still there. A great but eccentric chef/owner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
i was goiing to say Rainbow.  but already mentioned.
:)
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Buzz's in Lanikai.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR18] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
Buzz's in Lanikai.
View Quote

I thought Buzz's had closed up shop. It is nice to see a long time restaurant that is still around.

I forgot to add W&M hamburger in St. Louis
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR18:

I thought Buzz's had closed up shop. It is nice to see a long time restaurant that is still around.

View Quote

In fairness, I haven't eaten there in a couple of years,  According to their website they are still up and running.  Their location in Pearl City may be closed, didn't check, but no loss.

Lived in Kailua for over 25 years before settling on the Big Island.  We were close enough to walk to Buzz's for dinner.

For OP, stop by Hibachi grill to pick up pre-marinated kalbi to throw on your grill.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]

In fairness, I haven't eaten there in a couple of years,  According to their website they are still up and running.  Their location in Pearl City may be closed, didn't check, but no loss.

Lived in Kailua for over 25 years before settling on the Big Island.  We were close enough to walk to Buzz's for dinner.

For OP, stop by Hibachi grill to pick up pre-marinated kalbi to throw on your grill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR18:

Yes, Buzz’s in Pearl City has closed.  The signboard on Kaahumanu Rd says the DLNR has offices there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Diamond Head Market & Grill is in that area.  If you are in Manoa, Off the Hook Poke is very good.  If you decide to visit the downtown/Chinatown area Livestock Tavern and Lucky Belly are both very good. PM me if you want more info and hope you have a great time!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top