Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2021 1:23:52 AM EDT
Hey Guys. 6 adults and a few teenage kids going to Naples for LD weekend. Staying at Naples Grande. Looking for any tips on best rest restaurants. Definitely want to do a steak house one night (cost not really a concern) and if you guys can recommend any must stop places. Anything else you guys would recommend would be great.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#1]
For steak my go to is Jimmy P's. It may lack the over the top ambiance, but it is a butcher/supplier who owns a few restaurants. It is Australian Wagyu. You can pick your grade and cut and they will cook it.

A location that is hard to beat is the 5th ave and 3rd. St South area. Downtown. Just a 2-3 block area with tons of great locations. Truluck's, Ocean Prime, Sails (you said money is no concern), Canpiello's, and Sea Salt. There are really a ton of good spots, but these are one's I have been to. They are only a mile or two from where you are. For breakfast, Blueberries is close and very good and the Dock at Crayton Cove is a classic greasy spoon.

Reservations for dinner, always.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Truluck, Bice, Ocean Prime, The French, Ridgeway. There is a seafood place by City Hall in Old Naples that is pretty good, not fine dining, a seafood market that serves food.

Sea Salt
View Quote

We have not had good luck at that place. I have a pretty hard rule regarding places that have names like that or involving fish, 98% of the time they stink. "On" in the name is an exception, ie: Something like "xxxx On The Bay/Gulf/Ocean/Sea." ETA: I see to be in the minority, I may be the only one with a bad experience, others rave about it.

Really unimpressed with the Continental.

There is a steak place called Char, don't go there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the Pewter Mug North, their steaks look great but I've never been there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Watermark Grille has pretty good steaks
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a home in Grey Oaks CC  which is close to 5Th Ave..so we eat down there a lot :)

Sails is excellent, we were just there Saturday night.  One night jump in the car and head North to Ft Myers and hit Fancy's Southern Diner..  the chicken and waffles is just insane, the kids will love the place..
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For steak my go to is Jimmy P's. It may lack the over the top ambiance, but it is a butcher/supplier who owns a few restaurants. It is Australian Wagyu. You can pick your grade and cut and they will cook it.

A location that is hard to beat is the 5th ave and 3rd. St South area. Downtown. Just a 2-3 block area with tons of great locations. Truluck's, Ocean Prime, Sails (you said money is no concern), Canpiello's, and Sea Salt. There are really a ton of good spots, but these are one's I have been to. They are only a mile or two from where you are. For breakfast, Blueberries is close and very good and the Dock at Crayton Cove is a classic greasy spoon.

Reservations for dinner, always.
View Quote
Yup Jimmy P's has some insane a5 wagyu cuts and if $100/lb is a little too steep they have a variety of Australian wagyu which is phenomenal for the price (gotta get the ribeye).
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the recommendations. Jimmy Ps is booked and and few others.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The FPNI.  We go to the bar at Trulucks a fair amount for happy hour.  Really nice place and great food as well.  The only place I would add is Nemo's which is an Asian Infused Seafood place.  It can be hard to get into, so call ahead.  Pewter Mug has it's place but it's nothing special - a great place to take a large family group with kids - good salad bar when you get a hankering for that sort of thing.  Have a great trip!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top