Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2023 7:09:00 PM EDT
My family will be a little south of va beach the first week of July, I’m interested in a charter fishing trip while we are there. Is it possible to still catch stripers  that time of year we don’t need to keep them if out of season. What about cobia what’s my best bet to actual get on one?

I have done the Spanish mackerel Trolling thing not really into that was thinking about more actually in the bay this time

Any recommendations or am I just out of season for those fish?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Cobia is in season 15 June through 15 Sept.  Stripers are going to depend if you are in the Bay or off shore.  In the bay, season ends 15 June.  Off shore you will be in season.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Little south of vab?

So North Carolina.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Sandbridge
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Call up any of the guys out of rudee inlet.  Everyone there is pretty awesome.  I would just ask them what is typically caught at that time.  Once it gets closer to the date, you can see if you still want to target whatever you intended on, or go for more of catch what's biting now thing.

Im only like 15 min boat ride from where you will be then
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful driving on sand bridge road.  It is under a huge expansion project.  

Besides about 4 times per week someone drives into the ditch along side the road.

Last evening a kid drove thru a turn into the swamp. Closed road for half hour.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful driving on sand bridge road.  It is under a huge expansion project.  

Besides about 4 times per week someone drives into the ditch along side the road.

Last evening a kid drove thru a turn into the swamp. Closed road for half hour.

View Quote
 Only when it's not flooded.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 Only when it's not flooded.
View Quote

Nah, they raised the old road about 3 years ago and all has been good.  
Now they are extending Nimmo parkway down here.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nah, they raised the old road about 3 years ago and all has been good.  
Now they are extending Nimmo parkway down here.  

View Quote
 That's crazy how much that area changed since I graduated from Kellam.  I'll have to get down there this summer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I just joined a local boat club. I would love for someone to mentor me in fishing out in the bay. I'll provide the boat, gas, and the mentor will provide the bait, poles, and experience.

I've fished plenty of times from the shore and from the pier. Not much from a boat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top