Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 2:15:26 PM EDT
Drove by today and the building has a huge "the armory" sign and the sign out front says " the armory shooting range".

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No. They bought the bingo hall in front of the Superior Pawn/old A&P Arms.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
So they are building another shooting range right beside the pawn shop?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they are building another shooting range right beside the pawn shop?
View Quote

Yeah, by the looks of it! crazy move.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, by the looks of it! crazy move.
View Quote

I think zoning and conditional use permitting is probably easier when you build very close to an existing one, of whatever you want to build.

Next door might be taking the idea too far; but when you consider how Lowes and Home Depot build stores, or McDonalds and BK do the same, it isn't as crazy as you might think on the face of it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I welcome any new range.  It is kind of wild to build right in front of your competitor in this industry, but hey....

Now if we could only get another outdoor range going.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I welcome any new range.  It is kind of wild to build right in front of your competitor in this industry, but hey....

Now if we could only get another outdoor range going.
View Quote

No shit. I wonder how C2 is doing since he decided that one needed to mortgage their house to Shoot there for a few hours.

No doubt that govt contract cash flow is keeping him in high cotton.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Any word on pricing?
Do the bays have HVAC?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The AP arms superior range where an old monopoly run by a scum bag Norm. Actually he was alright but he got the grandfather pre 86 range stuff and owned the only ranges i tidewater except c2. Superior actually leases the range space. Guy who own superior also a POS, he does have a good gun selection but confirmed pawn shop POS. Know him from HS. Didn’t actually shoot his gun for 4 years. Pawn shops vary but he is the type that would have been a “relict digger” in earlier decades.

Good to see the competition.I moved to the country for better range access but now I hardly shoot because I don’t like to test my neighbors too much. Have 20ish acres in the country.

Norfolk superior is a much better group of dudes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top