Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2017 5:17:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
I am considering the purchase of a daypack or small backpack from Varusteleka.com in Helsinki.

Would likely be a Savotta or Sarma pack.

I'd appreciate hearing your purchasing experiences from this company. The Outdoor Gear Review (TOGR) gives them very good reviews.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They've always been good to me. I've shopped there 3-4 times in the last few years, and never had any issues.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The folks who run that business are also a bunch of comedians. I got a chuckle when I saw that Swedish national flags were advertised simply as "Some kind of flag"
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
The folks who run that business are also a bunch of comedians. I got a chuckle when I saw that Swedish national flags were advertised simply as "Some kind of flag"
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the pronunciation is more like "vahr-ROOSE-tuh LEH-kuh" than where's the liquor?".
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
I think the pronunciation is more like "vahr-ROOSE-tuh LEH-kuh" than where's the liquor?".
View Quote
That pronounciation is pretty accurate. Varuste = gear, leka = sledgehammer.

The folks at Varusteleka seem to have a special love for the Swedes. They also "sold" Swedish Navy commando boxer shorts on April fools day (can still be seen on the website, but out of stock).
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
And Savotta makes at least the larger Särmä backpacks = Total overkill quality.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kalju:

The folks at Varusteleka seem to have a special love for the Swedes. They also "sold" Swedish Navy commando boxer shorts on April fools day (can still be seen on the website, but out of stock).
View Quote
Or the "Swedish Christmas Star Cookie Cutter" video.

I can definitely see either a Savotta Minijaakari or Sarma TST CPT pack (reg. or mini) in my future. And some fish cock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top