Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2020 10:43:04 PM EDT
According to Senator Stanley:

Attachment Attached File

For those that don’t know, the Commonwealth funds all Sheriffs Deputies, and sets their pay.  Localities can add to it, but many deputies across the Commonwealth are paid the minimum or close to it.  Currently for 2019 their salary is $32,971.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Gets better:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Smug and petty little bitches aren't they?  Hope you posted this on the battle lines or 961 GD thread too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
It appears to be a fake Twitter account...  The description reads:

Democrat first, Satire for VA-32, 1984 Restonian of the Year, and mother. I only represent the people who voted for me.
janethowell. com   Joined January 2020
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Democrat first, Satire for VA-32, 1984 Restonian of the Year, and mother. I only represent the people who voted for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Possibly, but others have referenced her account, and she’s been retweeted by other politicians.  I’m tending toward a possibility of a hack, or just a typo for the satire in lieu of Senator.  Considering the stuff many politicians post, I’m not buying that it’s a satire or fake account at this point, We’ll see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to Senator Stanley:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92630/F1CBE245-0206-4270-AF8C-894BF423E8F0_jpe-1284740.JPG

For those that don't know, the Commonwealth funds all Sheriffs Deputies, and sets their pay.  Localities can add to it, but many deputies across the Commonwealth are paid the minimum or close to it.  Currently for 2019 their salary is $32,971.
View Quote
They are some petty pieces of shit, yet due to the population centers, we are stuck with them most likely forever.
I will never understand how LE can support Democrats. The very politicians that hate them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
So what are all these sanctuary cities going to do when they’re forced to work with ICE by her bill?

Regardless, that is completely ridiculous. I would say what they’re doing is violating the rights of the sheriff offices across the state. If it was a budgetary reason, regardless of how stupid it was, I could hate it but at least understand the play behind it. But this, with that explanation? Sounds to me like the sheriff offices statewide need to bring a class action suit against the state.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Possibly, but others have referenced her account, and she’s been retweeted by other politicians.  I’m tending toward a possibility of a hack, or just a typo for the satire in lieu of Senator.  Considering the stuff many politicians post, I’m not buying that it’s a satire or fake account at this point, We’ll see.
View Quote
Well, it's clearly not a satire account as that would require something entertaining to be posted there.  Maybe I'm holding out some vague hope that all these people aren't  intent on destroying the rights of the law abiding and playing petty political retribution games.  You know, in general trying to be positive about the political process?  Probably a fools errand these days.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope somebody has pointed out on her twitter feed that there are far more of us who are frustrated with sleazy politicians like her who take an oath to support and defend the Constitution and then immediately after taking office begin to systematically work to destroy the Constitution.  LEOs are not supposed to be blindly obedient to the tinpot dictators like her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]
This is going to hurt the smaller counties a lot more than the bigger ones....
Middlesex, Essex, Mathews etc etc are going to feel the crunch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:47:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't decide whether the folks who are still reposting that fake Howell Twitter account are purposefully spreading propaganda or if they've been so deeply taken in by other propaganda that they genuinely believe politicians say things like that.

The original tweet from Stanley was nuts and ought to be really useful. If this makes it to the news it's going to get marred by fact it's paired with this sucker Howell account.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't decide whether the folks who are still reposting that fake Howell Twitter account are purposefully spreading propaganda or if they've been so deeply taken in by other propaganda that they genuinely believe politicians say things like that.

The original tweet from Stanley was nuts and ought to be really useful. If this makes it to the news it's going to get marred by fact it's paired with this sucker Howell account.
View Quote
Im confused about that. It says satire account but it seems to be her actual account.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, it is very weird. I trust the original tweet from Stanley, but I am glad some have
pointed out that her tweets are to be suspected. I searched the VA legislative website for
all bills patroned in any manner by/with her & I could not find anything that points to her authoring
a bill to punish the deputies, as her supposed tweet showed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's hard to tell. Some of the posts seem legit in nature. However, it does not have the "verified" stamp on whereas a lot of other twitter accounts seem to have it.

I think someone here should email her and see if that's really her account. I went on her website and it only links her facebook account and her facebook account doesn't appear to be regularly updated.

I don't think a retweet really confirms anything as a lot of news agencies these days don't really research their facts very well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Has she come out publicly to deny the tweet?  That would seem to be the first thing she would do if she didn't post it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Two can play their game.  Not sure why a Sheriff has not arrested these traitors for extortion.

"The practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats."  They are "obtaining something" by withholding raises (wages, benefits, etc.)  The threat is withholding those raises until they (LE) comply and enforce unconstitutional laws!  Lock these people up, law enforcement!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top