Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2020 9:17:17 PM EDT
Check this out!   https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BREAKING-ARFCOM-releases-resolution-to-call-upon-the-Virginian-Unorganized-Militia/5-2287825/?r=-1&page=3&anc=82967076#i82967076
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hotlink to page 1

OK, who is in a position to get this rolling in friendly NV counties? I can't get it started, but I'd sure as shit get on the list.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The Nevada Constitution was written during the Civil War, not the Revolutionary War, and you can see the difference below.  While i applauded what the Virginians are doing I'd does not appear NV can follow suite is so far as Counties providing legal cover for people wanting to organize.

If I'm way off base and missing something please post it.

ARTICLE. 12. - Militia.

Sec.

Legislature to provide for militia.

Power of governor to call out militia.

Section. 1.  Legislature to provide for militia.  The Legislature shall provide by law for organizing and disciplining the Militia of this State, for the effectual encouragement of Volunteer Corps and the safe keeping of the public Arms.

Sec: 2.  Power of governor to call out militia.  The Governor shall have power to call out the Militia to execute the laws of the State or to suppress insurrection or repel invasion.

NRS 412.026  Composition of militia.

1.  The militia of the State is composed of the Nevada National Guard and, when called into active service by the Governor, reservists to the Nevada National Guard and any volunteer military organizations licensed by the Governor.

2.  The Nevada National Guard is an organized body of enlisted personnel between the ages of 17 and 64 years and commissioned officers between the ages of 18 and 64 years, divided into the Nevada Army National Guard and the Nevada Air National Guard.

3.  If a volunteer military organization is formed and becomes licensed by the Governor, it shall consist of an organized body of able-bodied residents of the State between the ages of 17 and 64 years who are not serving in any force of the Nevada National Guard and who are or who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States.

(Added to NRS by 1967, 1292; A 1975, 798; 1999, 6; 2013, 1107)

NRS 412.604  Unlawful drill or parade with arms by voluntary company or voluntary organization without license; drill or parade by students with consent of Governor; penalty.

1.  It is unlawful for any body of persons whatever, other than the Nevada National Guard and the troops of the United States, to associate themselves together as a volunteer military company or volunteer military organization to drill or parade with arms in any city or town of this state, without the license of the Governor, which license may at any time be revoked.

2.  Students in educational institutions where military science is a part of the course of instruction may, with the consent of the Governor, drill and parade with arms in public under the superintendence of their instructor.

3.  Nothing contained in this section shall be construed so as to prevent members of benevolent or social organizations from wearing swords.

4.  Any person violating any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Added to NRS by 1967, 1340; A 1975, 800; 2013, 1137)

NRS 412.596  Wearing of uniform without authority; penalty.

1.  The Nevada National Guard shall be uniformed as the United States Army or United States Air Force, respectively, are uniformed, except that the authorized shoulder patch of the Nevada National Guard will be worn on the left shoulder of the outer garment.

2.  Whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of this state, without authority, wears the uniform of the Nevada National Guard or a distinctive part thereof or anything similar to a distinctive part thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Added to NRS by 1967, 1339)
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So like exactly the opposite of what we would need.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
We can’t give up. I would like to think we are not defeated yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top