Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2018 9:23:27 AM EDT
LOBBY DAY SPEAKER

VCDL has invited North Carolina gun-rights activist Mark Robinson to be the keynote speaker at our Lobby Day rally on Monday, January 21, 2019.

Earlier this year, Mark addressed a Greensboro, North Carolina, City Council meeting on a proposal to cancel a gun show.

That video was so powerful and Mark did such a great job in articulating his position, that the video went viral!

After watching the video and realizing that Mark lives in neighboring North Carolina, I thought he would be a perfect speaker for Lobby Day.

As luck would have it, I had a chance to speak to Mark at the celebration  of the 10th anniversary of DC vs Heller at the end of June.  Mark said he would be honored to speak at Lobby Day and we will be honored to have him.

For those who have not seen the video, here is a link.  This is how it's done!:

Mark Robinson at Greensboro NC City Council on Gun Show

NOW MORE THAN EVER YOU NEED TO BE ACTIVE!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in a fight for our rights in a world gone crazy.  Our right to protect ourselves has never been more precious and the attacks on that right never so severe.  Right now we have things pretty good in Virginia.  Yes, we have much to do still, but we certainly don't want to lose any ground.

HUGE amounts of money are being thrown into political races across the country by Michael Bloomberg and George Soros, with the intent of electing anti-rights candidates.

Here in Virginia, our rights hang in the balance by ONE vote in the House and ONE vote in the Senate, with an anti-rights Governor.  Any gun-control bills that slip by us will land on the Governor's desk, and he will sign them, as he is beholden to the gun-control lobby.

So we need to have another perfect record in killing those bad bills again next year.

Statewide elections are also next year and they could prove disastrous if all of us don't get active politically.  Like I said earlier, there is but a one vote margin in both Houses.  If we lose that margin, we will end up with an anti-rights Speaker of the House and things will get ugly fast.

On top of all that, the Congressional mid-term elections, which are also critical to our future, are coming up on Tuesday, November 6.

But there is hope!  We need ALL HANDS ON DECK to get this done, but it is within reach.  Here are some simple things YOU can do to help ensure our rights are protected.

1.) Plan on being at Lobby Day at 8 am on January 21. Let your employer know NOW that you need that day off (it is a federal holiday, so you might be off anyhow).

2.) If you have been on the fence about joining, now is the time!  There's strength in numbers.  Join our team of proven winners and be a part of the success story.

3.)  VCDL and VCDL-PAC runs entirely off of your generosity.  Even the smallest of contributions can go a long way toward defending your rights.  We have some exciting things in the works for 2019, but we need your help to make it happen.  Whether it's time or financial contributions.  Donations to VCDL and VCDL-PAC are not tax deductible, but they are an essential part of our continued success.

Virginia law requires that the VCDL-PAC maintain a record of the name, mailing address, occupation information (includes type of work, employer and principal place of business) for each contributor. Your information is not made public unless your annual contributions are OVER $100.

To join VCDL:

https://vcdl.org/join

To renew:

https://vcdl.org/renewal

To contribute to VCDL or the VCDL-PAC:

https://vcdl.org/Donate

-
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
PLEASE ATTEND. We've noticed a constant drop every year since we started 5 years ago. IT'S VITAL YOU GO!
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I are both going again this year. I never have much luck getting others to go.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I always go. I can't for life of me understand how people don't want to remind their officials of the meaning of "shall not be infringed", especially CHP holders.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m putting in for getting Jan 21 off today. I’ll be there.

Bulldog will you make a thread in GD when it gets closer? Not everyone checks in here often.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bulldog will you make a thread in GD when it gets closer? Not everyone checks in here often.
View Quote
Hey brother, thanks for the reminder, I surely will.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hubby told me to do same...I'll help tag team the issue, if you'd like.

We're making a point to convince locals to go with us this time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top