Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/27/2019 12:59:08 PM EDT
With federal ERPO on the horizon, I can see a special session being called to whole-hog discuss gun control stuff.  Guarantee it if some tragedy happens.

With a lot of help from Rep. Maloy's HJR07, we were able to stave off anything bad this session (and actually got some good stuff). However, legislators are reaching out to lobbies here and wanting to talk how Republicans can make a palatable ERPO.  Further, I think safe storage has actually a chance of passing here -- seems about every other week, some idiot kid shoots themselves or their friend or family member because they had access to it and didn't respect it.  In fact, Rep. Hutchings pontificated about how "gun owners need to step up" during a Judiciary committee hearing of HB190 (Liability of a firearm custodian) and ensure that storage is taken care of. I don't know if that means he's signaling support for safe storage laws, or a general statement to a KSL-broadcasted audience, but the point is -- sentiment is there.

So!

I won't ask if you "can make time," because we need to make time.  PLEASE -- Reach out to YOUR legislator and explain why these laws are bad news.  Now is probably the easiest time to get them in person to talk about it, since they're not on a 45-day sprint at the Capitol.

Colorado is right on the precipice of passing an ERPO and I firmly believe that ERPO is the death of the 2A.  People will be cowed into submission and giving up their guns, talking about guns, teaching about guns, buying guns, or doing anything with guns because it won't be worth the risk. This is the death-blow. The others are just setting the stage.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been researching what they did in MO. about banning federal gun laws.  Was going to circulate a petition to get it on the ballet and pass it here in UT.  Then we don't have to worry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been researching what they did in MO. about banning federal gun laws.  Was going to circulate a petition to get it on the ballet and pass it here in UT.  Then we don't have to worry.
View Quote
Already partway done

https://le.utah.gov/%7E2010/bills/static/SB0011.html

We won't get that this time around. Herbie is getting weaker on guns and some Republicans are starting to blink in the legislature.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking of a ban on all federal gun laws dating back to The Bill of Right ratification in 1791
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Also that reads to be for Made in Utah firearms
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Incrementalism my dude.  It works.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Also listen to Gun Radio Utah on KNRS 105.7 FM.

You can also listen to the podcast.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also listen to Gun Radio Utah on KNRS 105.7 FM.

You can also listen to the podcast.
View Quote
Clark does good work but all voices are needed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in the Proud Boys and we are wanting to start taking a petition around to gun shows and other events to get signatures.  Being with a group gives us man power.  I'm just waiting on one of the boys wife to get one of her attorneys to look at the petition and we will be moving forward on it.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top