Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 9:41:25 PM EDT
You can sit there and do nothing, or you can take action.  When you look at yourself in the mirror, are you proud of the person staring back at you?

EVERY COMMENT COUNTS!  NO ACTION IS TOO SMALL IN THIS FIGHT!

I KNOW YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO DO THIS!

What is "this"?

Click this link to comment on HB 1164

Then:

Click this link to comment on the Senate companion bill SB 5078

PLEASE - Steal my copy pasta.  Replace HB 1164 for SB 5078.  Or, use your own verbiage (be firm but polite).

Dear Representative XXXXXXXX,

Please oppose HB 1165 relating to high capacity magazines.  There is no data to support magazine capacity restrictions having any impact on public safety and criminals by definition do not comply with the law and will always find a way to gain access to high capacity magazines.  If passed, HB 1165 would be in direct conflict of law on day one with the US 9th District Court ruling (Duncan vs Becerra, CA 2018), which determined magazine restrictions an unconstitutional restriction.  This will certainly bring about a court challenge that Washington taxpayers would bear the cost of litigating which is the last thing we need at this point in time.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

TwoDeuceTrey
Registered voter

XXXX, Washington

It literally took me longer to write this post to the WAHTF than it did to write my reps.

DO IT!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done.
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Done, come on guys it time to get active.  I have spend years in the past not getting involved.  This year, I'm gonna start doing what I can to fight.  I know I am not the only one who thinks it is possible the second amendment may be voted off the books in the future.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Done, come on guys it time to get active.  I have spend years in the past not getting involved.  This year, I'm gonna start doing what I can to fight.  I know I am not the only one who thinks it is possible the second amendment may be voted off the books in the future.
View Quote

So glad to hear this!!

Thanks welpro222!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Messages Sent.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
DONE!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Done, can you please make similar form so that we can comment on the AWB Bill as well?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Messages Sent.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DONE!
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Done, can you please make similar form so that we can comment on the AWB Bill as well?
View Quote

Thank you!

I will work on that this evening (unless somebody wants to beat me to it )
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Done.  Pain to get everything under 1k characters, but was able to.  Thanks for posting the links.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Done thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I made my own "easy" template, but these help others tremendously. dont forget to send & retool your rebuttal daily. flood their inboxes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Do we know who the most vulnerable lawmakers are so we can target them?

Which committee(s) do these go through so we can target those members too?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent question!  Here is the link to the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee.  They do 90+% of the firearms related bills on the House side (some bills may go through other committees, so watch out!)  Linky

On the Senate side, it is the Law & Justice Committee that handles the vast majority of firearms related bills:  Linky Note that I was not able to locate a list of members for the Senate Law & Justice Committee.

Here are a few screen shots to guide one around:

From the bill status page, it will tell you which committee the bill has been assigned to:
Attachment Attached File

on the left side of the page, click the "Legislative committees" button which will take you here: (click the plus symbol to expand)

Attachment Attached File

Click on Civil Rights & Judiciary:

Attachment Attached File

And you can click on the members button.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another excellent question!

I believe that the same individual who compiled that info last session is working on a list for this session.  It is a bit of a task, as he has to parse lots of data for each voting district and then put it all into a spreadsheet.

As soon as I catch wind of a copy, I will post it to the WAHTF!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks cigarsnob, Wulf202 and vincentvega6 for jumping into the fight!

And if there is anybody that I missed or wrote their elected reps and didn't post about it:  THANK YOU!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
None of the “reps” have responded to my email... no surprise there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Me either.   I don’t expect them to.

But keep up the pressure.  Multiple emails and comments.  Multiple addresses.  Exhaust all peaceful means...

Standing by for which law makers we need to target.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Sent.. Hope it's killed like previous times. Hate having to deal with this crap every year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
None of the “reps” have responded to my email... no surprise there.
View Quote

I actually got a reply within a few days, typical "well I don't like guns so too bad" response, but normally I wouldn't get anything till the end of the session.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Gilday got back to me...

Dear GMZ,

Thank you for reaching out regarding HB 1164.

I truly appreciate the opportunity to hear from constituents. I am expecting we will hear a number of firearm bills on the Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee, which I sit on. This bill has not been scheduled for a hearing yet, but I will be sure to keep your comments in mind should this bill be brought before the committee The issue of gun violence doesn’t stem from law abiding gun owners (which I am one), so I will be arguing in favor of our 2A rights.  

If you have any other comments or questions, feel free to reach out.

Thank you,

Greg Gilday
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#23]
How to testify by zoom or submit written testimony Here
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Done
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Hit this again men.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#26]
wrote testimony, signed in opposed, still commenting on the bill itself daily. very easy to do fellas, ive tried sharing this on facebook as well, but my personal account was locked for a week, and comments made on a back up were flagged as spam. the big tech censorship is real.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Done
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:33:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Done.  Edited my letters from last year to stay under the 1,000 character limit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like Muzzall is against.

Thank you for contacting Senator Muzzall about HB 1164. He is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and shares your opposition to the bill. It is in the House Committee on Civil Rights and Judiciary, but hasn’t been scheduled for a hearing yet. Unfortunately, its companion, SB 5078, has been referred to the Senate Committee on Law and Justice on Monday morning. It is also scheduled for a committee vote next Thursday. You can sign up to testify on the bill on the page for Senate committees here; registration closes one hour before the hearing, so it will be available until 8:30 Monday morning. Sen. Muzzall will keep an eye on the bill as Session progresses. You can do the same on the bill’s page on the Legislature’s web site here.

Thanks again for reaching out. Please feel free to send in any additional thoughts you’d like to share with Sen. Muzzall. Constituent input is very helpful to him as he weighs the issues facing our state.

Best,

Eric Hemmen

Legislative Assistant to

Senator Ron Muzzall
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Done.

It only gets harder from here..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Hit them all.  Just like last year, I'm sure Paul wont reply for weeks

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
DONE.  Will keep writing and sending.  Thank you for the well-written example to help form my responses.  I think this fact-based approach is the right way vs. Feelz and anger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
DONE.  Will keep writing and sending.  Thank you for the well-written example to help form my responses.  I think this fact-based approach is the right way vs. Feelz and anger.
View Quote

Agreed. But I think my gravitation to “feelz and anger” (on the “against”) is what got my email blocked by half our elected officials ??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top