Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2020 4:43:51 PM EDT
Updated Nov 11.

The shooting classes will be held outdoors.

1-2 spots left for Greenline Tactical Night Fighter Nov-20, 21.  Rifle suppressor required.  NV rentals available for extra $150.

Several spots available for Greenline Tactical 1 Day Red Dot Pistol Sunday November 22.

That's it as far as me hosting for 2020.

Who knows what 2021 will bring.

Info for Greenline Tactical One Day Red Dot Pistol - Sunday Nov 22 - Wallingford

Not a high round count - good for the current environment.  Bring what ya got, shoot what ya can afford.

In addition to adapting technique, you'll get a nice overview of hardware considerations too, given the new state of the technology.

Signup here:

https://www.greenlinetactical.com/?product=red-dot-pistol-22-november-2020-wallingford-ct-1-day

One Day Red Dot Pistol (RDP)
Greenline Tactical
November 22, 2020
Wallingford, Connecticut

Cost: $275                              

Mounting Red Dot Sights on pistols is becoming more and more common.  This session is designed to make you more proficient and leave with a better understanding of how to maximize this advantage giving technology paired with a handgun.

You will need to have taken a pistol course prior to attending or be an experienced pistol shooter.

Topics covered include:

-History, theory and concepts behind why red dot optics work.

-Presentation

-Tracking the dot

-Driving the gun/dot for multiple shots

-Balancing Speed and Precision

-Precision at distance and Speed up close.  How to improve both

-Optic selection

Equipment/gear needed:

-Red Dot equipped Pistol with 3 magazines minimum.

-Sturdy belt and holster and 1-2 magazine pouches.

-500 rounds of ammunition for your pistol.  Yup, ammo is $$$.  Bring what ya got and shoot what you can afford to shoot.

-Eye protection and ear protection.

-Hat with brim (for sun protection and to keep brass from hitting your face)

-Water, sunscreen, insect repellent and food as needed.  (we will break for lunch)

-Notepad and pen.

About your instructor:

Don Edwards is a 20+ year veteran of US Army Special Operations.  He began his career in the 75th Ranger Regiment where he was a participant in Operation Just Cause.  Retired from 20th Special Forces Group where he served as Team Sergeant during combat operations in Iraq.  He has served for five years as the Use of Force training manager and primary instructor at the ATF National Academy in Glynco, GA instructing in tactics and firearms as well.  Mr. Edwards has worked as tactical adviser to the Department of Defense since 2008 serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan and is a FLETC certified firearms instructor and is the former Director of Training for Tactical Night Vision Company.

Signup here:

https://www.greenlinetactical.com/?product=red-dot-pistol-22-november-2020-wallingford-ct-1-day
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
*cough*

I'm in this vid. But ya can't see me.

BRING A RIFLE CAN

You don't know anything about Night Vision. VLOG
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing this.

I'm already signed up for Greenline, but didn't know Bill was going to be in town.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Larry just sent this out:
"Dear Students,

Due to the unfortunate event of the new COVID 19 travel restriction placed on several states,  Larry Vickers is unable to travel to CT due to his North Carolina resident status. He would be confined to a 14 days quarantine in order to teach the class in CT and that is just not possible with his current schedule .

So we regretfully have to inform you the three classes between July 27-31st will be cancelled. We will work quickly to get all of your refunds issued in the next two weeks.

Thank you for your understanding

Respectfully,
AZTEC Training Services
www.aztectrainingservices.com"
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Is he still fat?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is he still fat?
View Quote

I haven't posted in about a year and a half, but seeing some old guard back and reading some funny shit, I had to.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Larry just sent this out:
"Dear Students,

Due to the unfortunate event of the new COVID 19 travel restriction placed on several states,  Larry Vickers is unable to travel to CT due to his North Carolina resident status. He would be confined to a 14 days quarantine in order to teach the class in CT and that is just not possible with his current schedule .

So we regretfully have to inform you the three classes between July 27-31st will be cancelled. We will work quickly to get all of your refunds issued in the next two weeks.

Thank you for your understanding

Respectfully,
AZTEC Training Services
www.aztectrainingservices.com"
View Quote

I'm awful sorry guys.  Our illustrious governor doing even more damage to the CT economy.

I've posted an updated schedule.

Kyle Defoor pistol and Pat McNamara TAPs are sold out but there may be openings from last minute cancellations.  If if interested in either, please message me and I'll be sure to pass on the info.

-Ben
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is he still fat?
View Quote

Larry at Blue Trail Range.

This last carbine class was open enrollment but was almost exclusively LEO.

We've had people travel as far as South Africa, CA, and FL to train with Larry in this shitty state.

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#8]

I wanted to give you some background on an up and coming instructor - Bill Rapier.

HE IS EXCELLENT.

He's a 14 year veteran of Seal Team Six.  He and Kyle Defoor were in the same BUD/S class (which almost killed Kyle).

If you've attended Kyle Defoor's classes, you'll know he credits guys like Bill Rapier for his teachings, including the mindset brief.

Bill is quite possibly one of the nicest guys I have ever met.  Extremely humble and a true gentleman.

If there ever was an archetype of a Christian warrior brought to this planet to fight the muslim scourge, he is it.

What does he offer?

An integrated approach to fighting.  Pistol.  Carbine.  Blade.  Unarmed combatives.  He holds a black belt in BJJ.

Like KD4, Bill keeps his class sizes relatively small.

Here is an article on Bill providing some more background.  Previously posted in other forums with permission from the author (some of you might know him).

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Larry at Blue Trail Range.

This last carbine class was open enrollment but was almost exclusively LEO.

We've had people travel as far as South Africa, CA, and FL to train with Larry in this shitty state.

https://i.imgur.com/vtXOTIU.jpg
View Quote

These guys should have exclusive civilian classes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm awful sorry guys.  Our illustrious governor doing even more damage to the CT economy.

I've posted an updated schedule.

Kyle Defoor pistol and Pat McNamara TAPs are sold out but there may be openings from last minute cancellations.  If if interested in either, please message me and I'll be sure to pass on the info.

-Ben
View Quote

I might be interested if something opens up for one of these guys.  It just depends when.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

These guys should have exclusive civilian classes.
View Quote

These ARE civilian classes.  Tells you something when the LE and .mil guys sign up for them.

Especially when the LE guys tend to be trainers from state police academies.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

These ARE civilian classes.  Tells you something when the LE and .mil guys sign up for them.

Especially when the LE guys tend to be trainers from state police academies.
View Quote

I said exclusive civilian classes, meaning not eligible to LEO.

I find a lot of these guys don't take the classes seriously because most of the time they're depts are paying for them.  Just my opinion based on my experience.

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I said exclusive civilian classes, meaning not eligible to LEO.

I find a lot of these guys don't take the classes seriously because most of the time they're depts are paying for them.  Just my opinion based on my experience.

View Quote

Wrong.

In our classes they are WAY MORE dedicated because in many instances they're paying out of pocket for tuition and ammo because department budgets for training are non-existent.  Many Chiefs don't give priority to training other than the bare minimum required for annual qual.

If they are lucky, the police unions will pick up part of the tab or they'll shuffle funds from other budgets (like woodworking).

The CT LE guys I've come to know are solidly pro-2a and want trained civilians to back them up.  Especially now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wrong.

they're paying out of pocket
View Quote

I disagree and could explain further but I don’t want to clog up your thread more than I have.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I disagree and could explain further but I don’t want to clog up your thread more than I have.
View Quote

We get LE guys who WANT to be training.

Not because they HAVE to.

These classes are usually scheduled on weekends when LEO's are not on shift.  They need to request time off.

They show up on their free time and frequently on their own dime.  Granted, they get the tax write-off.

We don't get LE guys who don't want to be there.

Anyways, training and learning is a two-way street.

The stories and experiences that the LE and .mil guys share with regular civilians ... they are just as important as the instructor teaching.

I wouldn't be discouraged to attend just because LE guys are there.

BTW, they don't give a $hit what you bring to the range for training.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the Greenline Tactical Nightfighter class still a go?  If so, are there still openings in the class?
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is the Greenline Tactical Nightfighter class still a go?  If so, are there still openings in the class?
View Quote

Yes it's still on.  

I have a feeling it will fill quickly.

Remember you need a rifle suppressor to attend due to noise restrictions after 7 pm.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#20]
One or two spots left in Greenline Tactical Night Fighter, Nov 20 and 21.

Spots left for Greenline Tactical One Day Red Dot Pistol on Sunday, Nov 22.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad Larry isn't fat anymore, I like him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top