Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/7/2020 1:19:15 PM EDT
I posted this in the team Jobs forum but I wanted to post it here as well

My son is a Ohio State 2019 Electrical Engineering graduate. Please let me know if anyone has any leads on entry level Electrical Engineering jobs in or near the Columbus, Ohio area.  

Please IM or email.  Thanks!

Update: 1/25/21  - Got some good news from my son today, he got an offer from a company in Dayton!  They do a lot of government contracting and he'll need to get top secret clearance.  

The main office he will be working at is near Wright Patterson.  I don't think he want's to live in Dayton and will be looking at apartments nearby.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for decent areas to live that are close to Dayton?

Thanks again for the all the help with his search!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
@Yojimbo  I might have a lead.  I sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Any specific area of electrical engineering that he's interested in or particular field he wants to work in?

I think Batelle is almost always hiring junior EEs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any specific area of electrical engineering that he's interested in or particular field he wants to work in?

I think Batelle is almost always hiring junior EEs.
View Quote

He did enjoy robotics but I think he is pretty open to seeing all the options available.  I also mentioned Batelle to him so he is checking there as well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Is he open to commuting to Dayton area? If so, have him look into jobs at Wright-Patterson AFB. Telework seems it'll be the way of the future, so other than here and there trips, commuting might not even be a big deal moving forwards. Aside from GS jobs, all the primes have offices located just off base as well, and would jump at the chance to hire an engineer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is he open to commuting to Dayton area? If so, have him look into jobs at Wright-Patterson AFB. Telework seems it'll be the way of the future, so other than here and there trips, commuting might not even be a big deal moving forwards. Aside from GS jobs, all the primes have offices located just off base as well, and would jump at the chance to hire an engineer.
View Quote

I will have have look into this as well.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Update in the OP!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I posted this in the team Jobs forum but I wanted to post it here as well

My son is a Ohio State 2019 Electrical Engineering graduate. Please let me know if anyone has any leads on entry level Electrical Engineering jobs in or near the Columbus, Ohio area.  

Please IM or email.  Thanks!

Update: 1/25/21  - Got some good news from my son today, he got an offer from a company in Dayton!  They do a lot of government contracting and he'll need to get top secret clearance.  

The main office he will be working at is near Wright Patterson.  I don't think he want's to live in Dayton and will be looking at apartments nearby.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for decent areas to live that are close to Dayton?

Thanks again for the all the help with his search!
View Quote
Centerville, Bellbrook, Sugarcreek Township, Beavercreek are good areas with easy commute.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Centerville, Bellbrook, Sugarcreek Township, Beavercreek are good areas with easy commute.

View Quote

Thanks for the tips my son will start looking in Beavercreek since that is the closest to the office for him.  Looks like a nice area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully his office is in Greene county and not Montgomery.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hopefully his office is in Greene county and not Montgomery.
View Quote

It's in Greene.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Beaver creek. Or Fairborn or bellbrook
That’s where most people that work near WP live
Xenia or Jamestown is nice also about a 15 minute drive
Beavercreek and bellbrook are the more expensive places to live
Fairborn and Xenia are the worst of the towns I suggested
But none of them are that bad
You can pm me if you want
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear he got an offer!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top