Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2021 7:49:37 AM EDT
Make sure you lean on your state rep to vote Yes when it hits the floor.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basically using old law to make a sanctuary state.  I like it.
View Quote

Yep brilliant.

Precedent was set, used verbiage that reflects the constitution. It is supposed to call out preferred wpns and calibers that would mirror the NG. You know what means. We shall see. I think leaving it open is better.

I doubt they will do away with any current restrictions.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
so ...now everyone will want to call their organizations a militia... everyone was so afraid of the "M" word the past few years...
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
so ...now everyone will want to call their organizations a militia... everyone was so afraid of the "M" word the past few years...
View Quote

The term has always been a patriotic term to Americans until the crazy 80-90s when anarchist hijacked the term.  If the SC government is going to properly use the term, good.  Steal it back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
CWP holders could be classified as a "Well Regulated Militia"
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CWP holders could be classified as a "Well Regulated Militia"
View Quote

We shouldn’t need CWPs.

Regulated means my shit is squared away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes indeed.

PSA @palmettostatearmory needs a new slogan:

"Official firearm provider of the Militia of the Great State of South Carolina."
View Quote

Put me in for one of those lowers.

Put the state flag on it as a roll mark.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)The classes of the militia are—

(1)the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)The classes of the militia are—

(1)the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
View Quote

That under 45 thing will need to be addressed. Even at my age I still have plenty of fight in me and I am more than capable to be a member of the militia.

They don’t toss out NG members when they hit 45.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That under 45 thing will need to be addressed. Even at my age I still have plenty of fight in me and I am more than capable to be a member of the militia.

View Quote

I think that it is written as "you have no choice if you are between 17-45 years old. You can opt out at 46."
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think that it is written as "you have no choice if you are between 17-45 years old. You can opt out at 46."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

Males between 17 and 45, that aren't already in the military, are ALREADY in the US Unorganized Militia and should maintain readiness and arms on their own accord.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We shouldn’t need CWPs.

Regulated means my shit is squared away.
View Quote

And how would folks know that?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And how would folks know that?
View Quote

They don’t need too.  It is your responsibility not that of others.

The 2A and English definitions of the era when written have it covered.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I still think it's funny how those in SC will gravitate towards Militias now... where were you all a few years back when the recruiting was going on? all I heard was how people did want to be involved in anything that had the Miltia word in it... trying to name their group without using the word Militia... and now it's OK?  think about what your asking to join... before you join. It's not staying at home to protect your family, being in a Militia means your putting your country, state, and community first... you will be ordered to go wherever you are needed... let that sink in...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I still think it's funny how those in SC will gravitate towards Militias now... where were you all a few years back when the recruiting was going on? all I heard was how people did want to be involved in anything that had the Miltia word in it... trying to name their group without using the word Militia... and now it's OK?  think about what your asking to join... before you join. It's not staying at home to protect your family, being in a Militia means your putting your country, state, and community first... you will be ordered to go wherever you are needed... let that sink in...
View Quote

You obviously haven't looked into the bill nor have you read my posts above.  

It isn't a militia, it is a play to make SC a sanctuary state.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are worried about the connotation of the word "militia" then get over it because to do otherwise is to allow the gun-grabbers to define the argument. Don't do that.

Anyway, for those unfamiliar with this senate bill here it is:

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess120_2013-2014/bills/247.htm#:~:text=

Sponsors: Senators Corbin, Bryant, Verdin, Cleary, Hembree, Peeler, Fair, Shealy, Grooms, Campbell, Cromer and Turner

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you are worried about the connotation of the word "militia" then get over it because to do otherwise is to allow the gun-grabbers to define the argument. Don't do that.

Anyway, for those unfamiliar with this senate bill here it is:

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess120_2013-2014/bills/247.htm#:~:text=

Sponsors: Senators Corbin, Bryant, Verdin, Cleary, Hembree, Peeler, Fair, Shealy, Grooms, Campbell, Cromer and Turner

View Quote

This is an old bill, is it being reintroduced for the floor to argue?  Has it been sent from committee to the floor yet?  

They need to remove the term "his" and change it to a gender neutral word, "the citizen's own expense" or better yet terms that just states "not purchased by the state" so the technically would not hamstring arms given as gifts or loaned for lawful use.

New bill

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#19]
So would M-240, M-249 and M-203 be OK? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So would M-240, M-249 and M-203 be OK? Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Bill states legal before 31DEC20 so if you had a legal FA or legal DD you could keep it.  

Basically you can keep what you got and buy what you can buy right now, no matter what DC passes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#21]
While nice should this bill pass and be signed into law it really has no teeth should the feds decide to show some muscle as they are prone to do.

And trust me, they will.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you get to meet the leadership first?

Following some 56 year old "colonial " that was a marine corporal back in 87 just doesn't sound all that great.

And no, I'm not looking to join, just asking a question
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
While nice should this bill pass and be signed into law it really has no teeth should the feds decide to show some muscle as they are prone to do.

And trust me, they will.
View Quote

I think there'd be some shooting taking place if that happened
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]
In accordance with the 1938 US V Miller decision, they always have been...
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]
This is precisely what the county sheriffs are for...to keep the feds at bay, and quite literally can arrest and/or detain the president and his detail merely for entering their county without prior approval.  Sheriffs are the highest law enforcement authority in their respective counties, always have been, and are also the only constitutional law enforcement, period.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In accordance with the 1938 US V Miller decision, they always have been...
View Quote

Looking at that the supreme court said na bro to the local courts ruling.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is precisely what the county sheriffs are for...to keep the feds at bay, and quite literally can arrest and/or detain the president and his detail merely for entering their county without prior approval.  Sheriffs are the highest law enforcement authority in their respective counties, always have been, and are also the only constitutional law enforcement, period.
View Quote

Ever met Leon Lott?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top