Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2020 6:48:59 AM EDT
Claim is under investigation. Anyone else have problem with their claim? Is there a phone number I can call without having to go to Frankfort to clear this up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Still haven't found out how to get an appointment with unemployment. I've called about every number in the state with 3/4 of them shut down because call volume is so high.

Anyone else been thru this and get it resolved?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I gave up even trying, since the "que" always said that I would be "on hold" for the next 14 hours, and the online thing was always down, regardless of when I tried to use it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It appears they have all the satellite offices shut down or using an outside answering service. Can't get thru to anyone, this has been going on toooo long with no reason for it. They say it unprecedented time but our King in Frankfort has had 3 months to straighten it out.

I just need to set down face to face with someone but where do you go?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time that I answered this question, I got shouted down. The Mansion. During Sunday dinner, Monday Breakfast and so on until "we" get heard, and, listened to.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
That's one of our many problems... our govt is fat and happy with our dollars which they took from us.  They 'get paid' no matter what they do.
They have little incentive to actually DO anything.   You know they won't ever work more than 37.5 or 40 hrs a week to help their fellow Citizen.

I was recently told that my contract is not going to be renewed.

I'm sorry you are having troubles, hopefully things will clear up soon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
During Beshears news conference on Tuesday he said there was going to be face to face meetings in Louisville for those still in need of assistance but you had to make an appointment. Today, he said all the available appointment slots had been filled. There is a group called Constitutional Ky. that is pressuring Beshear on this issue and they may be able to give you some help or at least give you advice on a contact point. Go to their website: constitutionalky.org for phone and email contact info. I am a member of this group. Good luck, but there are lots of other people in the same situation. I doubt there is a quick solution for you but you need to do whatever is available or you will be at the bottom of the list.

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
this from my local paper, from my state Rep (Tipton):

Interim Joint Committee on Economic Development and Workforce Investment

Members heard testimony from Muncie McNamara, former executive director of the Office of Unemployment. He described the steps the administration took when the governor shut down Kentucky’s economy on March 16.

There has been another security breach in the state’s unemployment insurance program, which is unacceptable. McNamara was offered the position in Unemployment Insurance by Lt. Governor Coleman in December of 2019 and terminated without cause on May 5 after raising concerns about a variety of issues within the Unemployment Insurance Program.

During his testimony, McNamara described a lack of communications and planning within the administration that led to poor morale and a sense that state employees working in unemployment insurance were at fault for the massive number of unprocessed and unpaid claims.

He also recalled sharing his concerns about the use of unemployment insurance funds to pay benefits not approved by the federal government. It was clear to members of the committee that there was no transparency during the unemployment debacle, and the administration took several steps that ultimately led the system into failure. It is unforgivable that there are still many Kentuckians who have yet to receive payments. There needs to be accountability for the people of our Commonwealth.

Reach me at 502-639-7079 or 502-564-8110.

=====================

Don't know if that helps or what.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
People that have not received state unemployment payments have not received the federal $600/week extra payment either. That federal program has now ended. I wonder if and when the state finally gets this straightened out, will those extra payments still be available or will they be lost forever down the bureaucratic rabbit hole. Beshear has promised to fix this repeatedly, this month, this week, before the end of the month etc. It never happens. Lies on top of malfeasance on top of incompetence on top of not caring. Ky. government at its very worst.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Is a class action law suite possible? Not only for state unemployment not paid but also for the federal COVID relief of $600/wk?

My morning routine is call the hotline @ 7:05 just to be put in the “que”. Then go to KY’s website to see if document I’ve sent to them has been uploaded, which they haven’t. Then I go on different KY websites in hopes I can find a lead or phone no. I can call to get a appointment. ??

What pisses me off King Andy said Tuesday he was concerned about his kids getting COVID ( I would be too) so he took them to get tested Tuesday and they came back negative which is good......I thought the test took 3 or 4 days to come back, theirs came back in a day!??

Is there a royalty test that takes one day and a peasants test that take 3 to 4 days????
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The one that got crammed up my nose at the V.A. came back in about 45 minutes. Negative, happily. YMMV, however.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
If you go to your private doctor it takes 3 or 4 days. If you go to one of the state sanctioned services, like the free ones at Kroger, it is usually one day, possibly 2. If you insist on the antibodies test or one of the more exotic ones it could be longer. The nose swab is quicker, free and available.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
There will be a rally at the Capitol on Sat. Aug. 8, 10 am to 4 pm. This rally is organized by Constitutional Kentucky and it is to pressure Beshear about the unemployment issue and to collect food donations for those that have been harmed by the debacle that Beshear has created with our unemployment system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghvslr8802w13af/117073887_10160310657718066_1590238205617180757_n.jpg?dl=0
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Still not able to contact anyone about my claim. On the phone and on-line everyday trying to get in touch with unemployment.......man, is this a wake up call to things to come.

This governor needs a class act law suite.

Every time he says "we are here to help all the hard working Kentuckians in this state" I want to puke! This guy is a failure! All most 6 months to fix the problems with claims and nothing to show.

Sad.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still not able to contact anyone about my claim. On the phone and on-line everyday trying to get in touch with unemployment.......man, is this a wake up call to things to come.

This governor needs a class act law suite.

Every time he says "we are here to help all the hard working Kentuckians in this state" I want to puke! This guy is a failure! All most 6 months to fix the problems with claims and nothing to show.

Sad.
View Quote

Cousin was unemployed at the start of this mess, he had to jump through a bunch of bullshit to get a single check. Kept being denied.
Luckily he does river work, and found another job. Right about the time the first unemployment check showed up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#15]
OFFICE OF GOVERNOR ANDY BESHEAR
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

502-545-3714

Marjorie Arnold
502-330-0799
502-564-2611

Gov. Beshear: Kentucky's Application for Additional Federal Unemployment Assistance Approved

FRANKFORT, Ky. (Aug. 21, 2020) – Gov. Andy Beshear announced Friday that the state’s application to bring in additional federal money to aid unemployed Kentuckians has been accepted.

“COVID-19 has caused the loss of millions of jobs across the nation, and unfortunately Kentucky is no exception,” the Governor said. “I am committed to fighting for every dollar to help our people survive this global pandemic and our workforce return to full strength.”

The Governor said Kentucky is the first state in the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Region 4 to be approved through the agency’s Lost Wages Program to give $400 to unemployment insurance claimants.

“This program will allow about 80,000 Kentuckians receiving at least $100 a week unemployment benefits for the weeks of July 26-Aug. 15 to receive an additional payment of $400, if they are unemployed or partially unemployed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Gov. Beshear said. “The $400 will apply to all programs: traditional UI, the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program and the extended benefits programs.”

The Governor noted the federal government originally provided an additional $600 to those facing job loss. That program ended without a replacement by the U.S. Congress. Then on Aug. 8, President Donald Trump signed a memorandum seeking to extend some additional benefits to Americans whose jobs have been harmed or eliminated by the global pandemic.

Gov. Beshear noted that most of the states approved for the program – including Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico and Utah – have chosen to fund the program solely with federal dollars, meaning recipients will receive $300.

“We have decided to provide an extra $100 using CARES Act money. Kentucky’s portion will be approximately $8 million per week, for a total of $24 million over the three-week initial grant period,” Gov. Beshear said.

While the application is approved, reconfiguring the computer systems to pay the $400 is likely to take about two weeks. Therefore, benefits recipients should not expect the payments until sometime in early September.

More Information
Read about other key updates, actions and information from Gov. Beshear and his administration at governor.ky.gov, kycovid19.ky.gov and the Governor’s official social media accounts Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Kentuckians can also access translated COVID-19 information and summaries of the Governor’s news conferences at teamkentuckytranslations.com.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, that is great but what about the thousands of people that have still not received a penny of unemployment money from the first program. You know, the program that he promised to fix several times during these news conferences but never actually got it done. Those people have been hung out since the original shut down without a penny of unemployment. He has stopped mentioning those people completely. That should be the number one issue for him to fix and he should update the progress of that fix every day, but he has gone silent on that problem. I expect them to bungle this program as badly as they did the first one. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Im in the (sinking) boat with everyone else now...my job cut our hours to 24 hours a week max and left it up to us to get unemployment for to make up the difference.
I was fortunate enough to get approved quickly and was able to get a couple of checks. Then I had a surgery in June that put me out for five weeks, in which i had to use all of my sick time and vacation time for.
Since my earnings went from ‘Wages’ to ‘sick, vacation or holiday pay’ my benefits ceased and I went ‘under investigation’ and haven’t received anything since.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Handy seems to specialize in screwing people over even harder now as *spits* Governor than when he was the AG. REAL world class "Leadership" this one demonstrates... sorry  (COC prevents me from being able to FREELY express my thoughts ) that he is.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Update:

I have called numerous times, waited in the que, just to be told "Que is full, a rep will call you back". No one ever called back.
I was searching on the website and saw a fax number listed. I wrote out a short note asking for help, and faxed it in.
Friday afternoon a lady called me. She confirmed that my weeks of reporting 'not physically able to work full time' got me put into investigation.
Talking with her about it, I said that I did not expect payment for those week, of course, but the instructions say to report every two weeks...

She said what I should have done was just not report, then when I was released by the doctor, start up again. She then said, "of course you couldn't get that advice from anyone here because our system was overwhelmed". She said they were frustrated with the way things are still being handled. She asked a couple of questions, and said that she was going to send my case to the adjudicator, bypassing review, as she 'did the review with me on the phone'. She was very apologetic about it.

She did not know how long it would take until I got an answer. As far as the $600 federal kicker that I missed out on? -no idea, wait and see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Very sorry for your loss of income and the effort necessary to fight to receive the insurance coverage that you paid for. This is gross incompetence and malfeasance on the part of the Beshear administration. You notice that he never mentions this issue anymore as if it had all been resolved. I am sure that the frustration experienced by that lady was no match for your frustration. He keeps talking about "Medicaid for all" and can't effectively administer the programs that are already in place. What a POS we have for a GOV.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quick update:

Last week I started getting deposits for unemployment- it looks like they caught me up for each week, but just the state money, so about $100 each week. No $600 fed money, and the $400 'new' extra fed money isn't showing up, either.
At least it's a small help.

I feel sorry for those who are still waiting...I'm at a point now that I am looking for a replacement full-time job. I held out as long as I could, but we are hearing there is no end in sight to return to full time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife has been waiting on a human call back for 15 weeks, cant get an appointment to see anyone, get a call every 5 days or so saying that she is still on the list.

Pretty messed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top