Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2022 9:43:32 AM EDT
Hey guys. We are holding a rifle and pistol 2 gun tactical match on April 16th on our outdoor ranges at West Point. This will be a great opportunity to shoot on some amazing ranges and interact with the cadets. This match hasn't been run in a few years, but we are bringing it back. Here is the registration link and hope to see you there.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWyKWyxS1e4WLgg--dlkCEbXCaugCLopfQT3jjMjMRsaZ7cw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Too bad functional AR15s aren't allowed in this great state.

"Others" may be an option if someone wants an actual AR though...
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Great to see this happening again. Years past have been outstanding, interacting with the cadets is always a highlight.
Signed up, hope to see some ArfComers out there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Looking forward to meeting you. There will be some very fun "toys" there too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Guys,
Did any acceptance emails go out? I submitted an entry but have not gotten any payment information yet? Really happy this opportunity has come back I missed it greatly.
Thanks Chris R.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Guys,
Did any acceptance emails go out? I submitted an entry but have not gotten any payment information yet? Really happy this opportunity has come back I missed it greatly.
Thanks Chris R.
View Quote

I'd love to know what kind of ARs people are using at this?

Featureless with the thordsen stock?

Others?

I can't imagine anyone could use a fixed mag gun as those are useless for self defense.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Signed up and now I need to find the parts to put my NY legal AR back together.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi. Match confirmations went out this morning and we still have slots left.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd love to know what kind of ARs people are using at this?

Featureless with the thordsen stock?

Others?

I can't imagine anyone could use a fixed mag gun as those are useless for self defense.
View Quote

That's what I plan on using along with a pile of 10 round hex mags. Doubtless there will be guys bringing registered rifles with all the features or others as you mention.
IIRC it is a federal facility with their own rules, likely to be spelled out explicitly in the shooter package.
In the past there have been plenty of stages that were more mentally challenging than "volume of rounds" challenging.
Just got an acceptance email. looking forward to seeing some of you guys there. Been too long...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks. Looking forward to meeting you. There will be some very fun "toys" there too.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be there.... Squad 7 look for the Tavor....
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
If you want to just bring your AR upper, we will some nice lower receivers available for competitors to use.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you want to just bring your AR upper, we will some nice lower receivers available for competitors to use.
View Quote

Will you have the NRA sanctioning necessary for an out of state resident to lawfully transport a pistol to the event?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]
We have applied for the sanctioning, just waiting on a response.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We have applied for the sanctioning, just waiting on a response.
View Quote

Great to hear!
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]
What kind of gear do you guys recommend for this event?

Chest rig seems like too much right?

A simple battle belt with handgun, 2 pistol pouches and 2 rifle pouches?

I assume I should also bring a backup handgun and rifle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#16]
??????
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]
@DaveM4P99
Either would be fine, probably whatever you have most practiced with will be best. I'll bring a chest rig/mag bra as it's pretty foolproof, and can hold 87 10 round mags. .
Backups are always good, although you don't want to have too much to drag around. The match in the past has been held on a few different ranges, with transport being arranged by the cadets in military vehicles. There is also typically a tremendous amount of support from the cadets and fellow competitors.
Should be a great time. Glad some arfcomers are showing up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@DaveM4P99
Either would be fine, probably whatever you have most practiced with will be best. I'll bring a chest rig/mag bra as it's pretty foolproof, and can hold 87 10 round mags. .
Backups are always good, although you don't want to have too much to drag around. The match in the past has been held on a few different ranges, with transport being arranged by the cadets in military vehicles. There is also typically a tremendous amount of support from the cadets and fellow competitors.
Should be a great time. Glad some arfcomers are showing up.
View Quote

Ok cool good to know!

Last question...you think a Razor 1-6 would be best? Or just a simple red dot? I may bring an upper with each.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]
In past matches with the cwt we engaged targets from 10 yards to 400 I would say a 1-6 or dot with magnifier.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In past matches with the cwt we engaged targets from 10 yards to 400 I would say a 1-6 or dot with magnifier.
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
This  sounds  really  interesting.   Will there  be more  matches later on?   Would  like to come out and watch  how  it  flow and  see  what  gear  I'm  not  set  for.    

My   pistol  setup  is   for  Carry   not a Combat  rig.

Good  info!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I would love to come up and do this again, this was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone gotten payment info yet?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#24]
No payment info has been received.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#25]
You don't need a combat rig... I run my kydex owb holster, rifle & pistol mags on chest rig... but you could load rifle out of a dump pouch & your daily carry magazine carriers for the handgun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No payment info has been received.
View Quote

Same. I also sent an email about that and have not heard back yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.
They are probably busy studying the current affairs...
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks.
They are probably busy studying the current affairs...
View Quote

Payment info came out today!
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Payment info came out today!
View Quote

Hmm nothing yet....
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Didn't see this. Sad that I missed it, but reality is I wouldn't have been able to swing it.

I'm officially a has been?  Crud.

Sad to say but my last multi gun match may have been the last Houghton match. 2011 in the rain? Then SAFE squashed most of the good rifle/multi gun matches for quite a while.

Still glad to see this and steps in the right direction. Maybe another year. Good luck to all.  Hope to see the CWT again in the fall on the island.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone get any more info since paying? Haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure it'll be sent, but wondering when to get there, how long it lasts, where to show up etc.

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Email came out last night with squad information! Pick a squad. See ya there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry for the delay on this. On top of preparing for the match, we are heading to our National Championship competition today at Sig Sauer. So there are a lot of moving parts. We still have some slots left if anyone else is interested in shooting the match. Be prepared to shoot some fun stuff...

We also received the "Sanctioned" letter from the NRA.

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#34]
BOLO: ARFCOMers reported to be in Squad 8.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
BOLO: ARFCOMers reported to be in Squad 8.
View Quote

Ok nice I joined squad 8!

Also any other info we need? Address? Entrance to use? Time to arrive? Guessing we should bring food?

Looking forward to this!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Just joined Squad 8.
The 16th is my uncles 80th and my 54th birthday, so if the match runs late, I might have to leave early to get to his surprise party.
Looking forward to burning some powder.
SJC
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just joined Squad 8.
The 16th is my uncles 80th and my 54th birthday, so if the match runs late, I might have to leave early to get to his surprise party.
Looking forward to burning some powder.
SJC
View Quote

I'm in squad 8 as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry for the delay on this. On top of preparing for the match, we are heading to our National Championship competition today at Sig Sauer. So there are a lot of moving parts. We still have some slots left if anyone else is interested in shooting the match. Be prepared to shoot some fun stuff...

We also received the "Sanctioned" letter from the NRA.

View Quote

Good luck at your match.

Looking forward to getting a copy of the sanctioned letter, to have with me when traveling out there. Also, let us know if there are any other special procedures that we need to be aware of for arrival/check-in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Email with relevant match info was received this morning!
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#40]
This was a ton of fun. Good to meet some of you guys finally.

Some pics and videos I took below. Shooting the SAW at steel was a blast, as was the mp5 and Uzi.

I think there were about 80 shooters and another 30 west point cadets and officers there to facilitate. They did a great job.

And thanks to coach Gary for getting it all set up!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top