Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2021 9:07:03 AM EDT
UPDATE FOR 27 MARCH AT END OF THREAD

Hello WAHTF!

Tomorrow (Friday, 19 March) the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee will be meeting to vote whether to pass a number of bills out of committee and on to the House Rules Committee.  One of those bills is ESSB 5038 (the Open Carry Ban) that crossed over from the Senate (hence why the House is voting on a bill with a five-thousand series number).  We have an opportunity to stop this legislation from advancing so LET'S USE THIS OPPORTUNITY!!!

Real quick, a little bit of good news:  Life and work have kept me busy, so I don't have hard numbers for y'all however a cursory look at some data from Wednesday's public hearing coupled with a little bit of anecdotal/back channel info is that us law-abiding, grass-roots gun-rights activists made a real good showing at the hearings!  Between verbal testimony, written testimony and all of you who signed in, the split was very close to 50/50 pro versus con.  Meaning:  WE DID NOT GET STEAMROLLED BY THE WELL FUNDED ANTI'S!!!

So let's keep that momentum up!!!  Please take just a few minutes to contact your elected representatives in the House and politely but firmly ask them to oppose ESSB 5038.  If we push, it is possible that the CR&J Committee just might recommend "do not pass" on ESSB 5038.

It only takes a couple of minutes - if that.

ESSB 5038 Information Page With Green "Comment On This Bill" Button

If you have the time, here are the email addresses of the members of the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee:

[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

ETA:  "well funded" because it's true
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the link to contact my Reps, not sure what good it'll do, as I never get a response from their offices on such matters.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used the link to contact my Reps, not sure what good it'll do, as I never get a response from their offices on such matters.
View Quote

Thank you for taking action, Gyrene84!

Even though you may not get a response, your opposition does get tallied on a spreadsheet.  The stronger our opposition grows, the more likely our elected representatives will do their best to avoid having to vote on this bill at all as that would go on the permanent, public record called the "roll call".  Therefore, if a contentious bill with no clear support and lots of opposition doesn't make it to the floor for a vote, their vote one way or the other can't come back to haunt them when it is time to get reelected because it didn't happen.

I hope I made sense.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Done.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
emailed the list you provided
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Done
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently they're trying to sneak in a floor vote this weekend

https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/11329
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Apparently they're trying to sneak in a floor vote this weekend

https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/11329
View Quote

I was just about to make a post.  Thanks bdy83!!

Done and did.

Besides the NRA-ILA link above, folks can use the this page to urge their reps to oppose ESSB 5038

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE WAHTF!!!

ETA:  according to House Representative Jim Walsh's FB page, ESSB 5038 will be debated and voted on TOMORROW 28 March!!!  Rep Jim Walsh FB page

CONTACT YOUR REPS TODAY!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Action taken.  Thank you for heads up and your work to keep us informed.  We must stay vigilant and active!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a sitrep on this shit?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone have a sitrep on this shit?
View Quote

House floor debate going on now:  Link to live video

Could be a while before the actual floor vote, as each rep has an opportunity to speak.

ETA:  there are 98 House reps (1 is excused today, so 97 reps have the option of speaking)
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Appears the house passed the bill 57-40.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Appears the house passed it 57-40.
View Quote

Yes, sadly.  

Be aware everyone that via an amendment an emergency clause was added (at the request of the WSP) and ESSB 5038 takes effect NOW!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top