Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2019 11:35:18 AM EDT
Back in 2011 I had a pistol stolen out of my truck. I filed a report with the Corinth, MS police department. Tuesday I received a phone call from a detective with the Corinth PD. My gun was recovered and I need to contact a lieutenant with the Mississippi Bereau of Investigation to see about getting it back. The Corinth PD gave me the LTs phone number  and said that he was rarely in the office but leave a message and he would call me back.

The problem is that there is no way to leave a message. The phone number is for the Greenwood troop D office which is also the drivers license and handgun permit office. When I press 6 for the Bureau of Investigation the phone just rings and no voicemail picks up. I dial any other extension and either get transferred back to the one with no voicemail or I get the voicemail of a different department. I left a message for the Major in charge of Troop D with no response. I called back the Corinth detective and he said just keep calling. I can’t find a phone number for anyone else in the Bureau that could put me in touch with this LT.

Does anyone have a good contact for someone with the MS Bureau of Investigation that could possibly help me out?

Once I get ahold of the LT, my next hurdle will be getting the gun shipped to me, as I moved out of state a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me ask around . . .
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me ask around . . .
View Quote
I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
We have a certain lawyer who juuuuuust loves to sue the gov. Maybe he can help
@Nolocontendre
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Would be more than happy to assist.
View Quote
That would be great. Do you have any contacts with the state police or more specifically the bureau of investigation?

Is it normal this difficult to recover a gun once 5e state police in MS have it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That would be great. Do you have any contacts with the state police or more specifically the bureau of investigation?

Is it normal this difficult to recover a gun once 5e state police in MS have it?
View Quote
The only difficulty I've heard of has been when a person couldn't prove ownership, but it sounds like you've got that part covered.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Banned for misspelling my name......

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a certain lawyer who juuuuuust loves to sue the gov. Maybe he can help
@Nolocontendre
Banned for misspelling my name......

Sorry. I are not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys get it handled?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, those people have ignored all my attempts so far to even get in contact with them. Maybe a certified letter will assist?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys get it handled?
No, those people have ignored all my attempts so far to even get in contact with them. Maybe a certified letter will assist?
 Get 'em.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perhaps that will work. Did they ever answer the phone for you at all?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Nolo check your PMs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Did y’all ever get in contact with anyone?

I have a contact or two I might could ring up if need be.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did y’all ever get in contact with anyone?

I have a contact or two I might could ring up if need be.
View Quote
No luck yet. I’ll shoot you a pm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, I appreciate you trying.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#18]
@EXCATM76

My contact never contacted me back. I dunno wtf is going on. I’m sorry man.

@Nolocontendere

Would it be prudent for the OP to contact an attorney at this point? Perhaps one who could help him file paperwork to order MHP/MBI to return his property?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@EXCATM76

My contact never contacted me back. I dunno wtf is going on. I’m sorry man.

@Nolocontendere

Would it be prudent for the OP to contact an attorney at this point? Perhaps one who could help him file paperwork to order MHP/MBI to return his property?
View Quote
I appreciate the effort.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Well thanks to @vern3 I finally managed to get into contact with the officer that has my Glock. Unfortunately he won’t ship it to me or a dealer where I now live. So I will have to give power of attorney to someone to pick it up. I’m reaching out to people I know in the area to see if anyone would mind picking it up for me. Can anyone recommend an FFL around Greenwood to ship it?

Thanks to everyone that has tried to help. Especially Vern 3 and Nolo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the help guys. We had a friend meet the officer and pick up the pistol. It is now on the way to IL from a MS FFL. It should be at my dealers in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 4:31:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help guys. We had a friend meet the officer and pick up the pistol. It is now on the way to IL from a MS FFL. It should be at my dealers in the next day or so.
View Quote
 Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
The gun is back in my possession. It’s had a rough life, pic and details here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top