Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2020 9:59:20 PM EDT
UML night match 18/Jan/20 at Richmond (20 mins from SF) Rod & Gun bay 1-5 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
Here's a very rare chance here in Northern California to get behind your NODs or low light rigs (some run around with headlamps )for a little run-n-gun. It's a IPSC style match where you run a cold range and run either a pistol or carbine. These matches usually start @ October-January, but haven't been around for the last 3-4 years. As long as your competent with the 4 basic firearms safety rules, don't make ready until told to do so, know how to obey the RO commands, and can know how to unload and show clear this match is for you. Also showing up @ 5:00 pm to help setup you can talk to people on how stages are ran. Please be competent if you're going to show up and if you choose to bring someone with you also has the same skills required for this type of shoot. The last thing we need is for NV to be banned for a ND or the night match cancelled due to problems. For more info please click on the link and go to the calendar.
https://www.richmondhotshots.com/
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this restricted to pistol calibers?

Currently only have a 5.56 rifle setup for NV use.

Have shot at Richmond many times. 5 years doing BARC also.

Also, will there be more of these this year, or will this be the last one until next Oct?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also, will there be more of these this year, or will this be the last one until next Oct?
View Quote
All their other matches allow 5.55, 7.62x39,5.45x45 etc so I don't think it'd be a problem, but you can click on the calendar for the 18th for an email for Tom and get all the info you need. Hope a lot of good people show up to show intrest in night shoots and help show a need for more of them. Also this will be the last night match scheduled. Hopefully in fall of this year they'll hold more night matches
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All their other matches allow 5.55, 7.62x39,5.45x45 etc so I don't think it'd be a problem, but you can click on the calendar for the 18th for an email for Tom and get all the info you need. Hope a lot of good people show up to show intrest in night shoots and help show a need for more of them. Also this will be the last night match scheduled. Hopefully in fall of this year they'll hold more night matches
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should email the match director. The first one in November they allowed rifle calibers, but didn’t for December. The reasoning is they use the existing USPSA stages which could have some steel. So making it rifle ready does take some work which they didn’t want to do last month.

Good news is you still have time to zero your laser on a PCC or you can run a pistol with a NVG compatible red dot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You should email the match director. The first one in November they allowed rifle calibers, but didn’t for December. The reasoning is they use the existing USPSA stages which could have some steel. So making it rifle ready does take some work which they didn’t want to do last month.

Good news is you still have time to zero your laser on a PCC or you can run a pistol with a NVG compatible red dot.
View Quote
I emailed the match director and here is his response:

The UML match is a night match that uses the USPSA stages already setup. When we allowed rifle in the past, it was specifically coordinated with the build crew for a paper-only match. We have not done that for this match and there will be steel. Henrik Blix is the MD.

The night match has Open Pistol and PCC divisions so either one with weapon mounted light would be fine. The match is 7pm until finished, stages will be dark and a handheld or head light is recommended for scoring/taping/reset and a weapon mounted light or head lamp is required for competition.

Please register on the link below
https://practiscore.com/richmond-night-match-jan-2020-1/register
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I might be able to make it now. PCC and handgun?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think I might be able to make it now. PCC and handgun?
View Quote
Only 1 gun per stage, but you can switch off. Also don't forget to register for the match.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What a blast!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds fun.
View Quote
It was very fun, I need to hit up Munny again and see when the next one is. Its got me wanting to upgrade my pcc game.

ETA: Not me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top