Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

UK Picture Thread (Page 2 of 44)
Page / 44
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
And you need to get SF to chop down those high rise neck stretching upper receivers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By RN-Submariner:
And you need to get SF to chop down those high rise neck stretching upper receivers.

Only one high rise AR, it changed its frock between photos .  With the benefit of hindsight I shouldn't have ordered a Fat Bob hi-rise but that's what the PR shooters in my club were using.   My next will be a flat top (when eventually I get my renewal/ extra slots )  

And yes the 10/22 would look more tactical with a shorter barrel and cooler with a short heavier fluted barrel but does the job as is
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Bus_pass_warrior:
And yes the 10/22 would look more tactical with a shorter barrel and cooler with a short heavier fluted barrel but does the job as is

Strange - I've got one of these waiting to try and get a stock like yours...

Link Posted: 2/6/2008 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By target-hunter:

www.ukshooting.com/images/ruger.jpg

And strangely I've applied for another .22  The Evolution c/w buttstock was second-hand at a good price, just couldn't say no
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By target-hunter:

www.ukshooting.com/images/ruger.jpg

Ruger stainless hammer-forged match barrel cut down to 12"? nice!
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok then, in no particular order......

Bradley Arms Straight Pull AR15 in 5.56mm for Civilian Service Rifle, Practical Rifle & vermin

Southern Gun Company CZ V22 in .22lr for Mini-Rifle, Steels & Gallery disciplines

Parker Hale T4 in 7.62mm for distance

Browning Buckmark Long Barrelled Pistol (Alan Westlake conversion), for Practical Pistol, Steels & Gallery disciplines

CZ452 Varmint in .22lr for vermin, Light Sport Rifle & general practice

Brocock Orion, Saxby & Palmer Orion and Pietta Colt Sheriff TAC pistols, for Practical Pistol & Steels

Western Arms SV Infinity, in 6mm Airsoft, because our Moderator likes them
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Metal slide on that SVI?
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 1:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#9]
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#10]
He...He...He....

Shooters Design metal slide
Guarder stainless steel outer ported barrel and chamber
Accuracy inner barrel
Guarder two piece stainless steel guide rod
Metal trigger (adjustable)
150% recoil spring
150% hammer spring
Hardened firing pin and uprated spring
Stainless steel hammer and sear, all trigger parts de-burred and polished

..whilst Mark is throwing up I will explain that this pistol was built to someones else's custom spec. and it cost them a shedload of money(relatively). I picked it up used for considerably less and have had many happy hours and some good competitions with it...and I'm not ashamed!......
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
So remind me - Brococks can never be sold or given away now, you can just keep them yourself until you die?
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 4:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Agent_Funky] [#12]
Nice Pistol......wish we could have real uns.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By PeteSlinn:
So remind me - Brococks can never be sold or given away now, you can just keep them yourself until you die?

You can export them. You can surrender them. You can keep them (assuming you had them added to your ticket before the cut-off date a couple of years ago) and use them like you always have (albeit they are S.5 Prohibited, held under the auspices of a S.1 Certificate, and in use remain airguns)

I suppose in time they could be held under S.7....?
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I have to admit, if I had a S5 ticket - it would be for a GPMG, not a brocock.
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By IcarusY625:
He...He...He....

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/icarusy625/SVInfinity002.jpg

Accuracy inner barrel
150% recoil spring
150% hammer spring

..whilst Mark is throwing up I will explain that this pistol was built to someones else's custom spec. and it cost them a shedload of money(relatively). I picked it up used for considerably less and have had many happy hours and some good competitions with it...and I'm not ashamed!......

So what your basically saying is that your a grown man playing with a toy?
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 7:47:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IcarusY625] [#16]
Originally Posted By Tyga:
He...He...He....

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/icarusy625/SVInfinity002.jpg

Accuracy inner barrel
150% recoil spring
150% hammer spring

So what your basically saying is that your a grown man playing with a toy?

Absoloutely correct!... and playing with that toy, apart from being a lot of fun, makes me better at using the real thing, but I wouldn't expect a boy such as yourself to understand. Maybe when you're older.................
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Does the wife like it Dave  

Are you havin' an early night tonight  

Link Posted: 3/3/2008 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Newest addition at the range today,

Link Posted: 3/9/2008 1:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#21]
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Originally Posted By 310Cadet:

i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa233/baconroll_2007/v22-3.jpg

Will look even better when the new mags arrive......which is imminent BTW

Oh I see, you don't abuse his choice of CAA stock because he's buying from you

I've had a bit of a re working on the M4alike ( Middle Rifle ) It no longer has the adjustable stock and CAR handguards.

I've gone for the Yankee Hill 2 piece spectre length ( 9.25" I think ) handguards, I think they work well with the 14.5" barrel.

You never know, I may even shoot them one day

Steve
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By 310Cadet:

i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa233/baconroll_2007/v22-3.jpg

Will look even better when the new mags arrive......which is imminent BTW

I'll certainly have some of them off you - the CNC'd ones I have work but weigh more than the gun
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 2:06:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]
£20 PRICE RISE IN TWO AND A HALF YEARS OR SO!!!!

AS FOR  DANS CCS/BLACKDOG MAGS  THEY ARE GREAT AND HAVE REDUCED THE STOPAGES i USED TO GET WITH THE V22 AND ARE A LOT MORE PLEASING TO USE.

NICK

caps lock off now didn't want to re type.
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#26]
My V-22 with added bling,

Link Posted: 3/17/2008 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#27]

You can export them. You can surrender them. You can keep them (assuming you had them added to your ticket before the cut-off date a couple of years ago) and use them like you always have (albeit they are S.5 Prohibited, held under the auspices of a S.1 Certificate, and in use remain airguns)

I suppose in time they could be held under S.7....?

Nope, never be S7.

When you die, destruction is the only option as they have to be declared and surrended to the Police as soon as you go tits up, no export or deact option for next of kin as they can never legally 'possess' them to export or deactivate them.

It's a complete fudge they were retained under to avoid paying compensation and becuase they didn't have a clue how many were in circulation. Allegedly'only' 55,000 and about 6,000 were accounted for through surrendering or registering.

Link Posted: 3/18/2008 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I wish we had the UK rifle laws.

I'll keep our pistol laws compared to yours, though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 7:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EX_GERONIMO] [#29]

Originally Posted By Lancair:

Never thought I'd hear somebody say that!!!!!!

Ex Geronimo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Swiss laws would be better. I want a freebie Sig 551!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 7:09:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancair] [#31]

Originally Posted By Helios:

Of course, but any politician suggesting that we take the very sensible step of creating a huge, prickly militia will get voted out by the tree-huggers and Urban Liberals so fast he wouldn't be able to say "mate".

Imagine the response when they find out that their little darlings have to keep a Steyr AUG () at home.

The thing is, we might get UK rifle laws some time in our lifetime. ATM, our rifle laws are truly ridiculous. A straight-pull AR is banned because they look evil.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Of course, but any politician suggesting that we take the very sensible step of creating a huge, prickly militia will get voted out by the tree-huggers and Urban Liberals so fast he wouldn't be able to say "mate".

Imagine the response when they find out that their little darlings have to keep a Steyr AUG () at home.

The thing is, we might get UK rifle laws some time in our lifetime. ATM, our rifle laws are truly ridiculous. A straight-pull AR is banned because they look evil.

What does the law actually say?

It obviously can't say it looks evil.....that would be bonkers....besides, isn't judging something by its looks against its civil rights, and politically incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:

What does the law actually say?

It obviously can't say it looks evil.....that would be bonkers....besides, isn't judging something by its looks against its civil rights, and politically incorrect.

Schedule 1 Prohibited firearms

(cf APMC 1, Sch 1 PW Act)

(Section 4 (1))

1 Any machine gun, sub-machine gun or other firearm capable of propelling projectiles in rapid succession during one pressure of the trigger.

2 Any self-loading rimfire rifle (including any such firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).

3 Any self-loading centre-fire rifle (including any such firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).

4 Any self-loading or pump action shotgun (including any such firearm described elsewhere in this Schedule).

5 Any self-loading centre-fire rifle of a kind that is designed or adapted for military purposes.

6 Any self-loading shotgun of a kind that is designed or adapted for military purposes.

7 Any firearm that substantially duplicates in appearance (regardless of calibre or manner of operation) a firearm referred to in item 1, 5 or 6.

8 A firearm, not being a pistol, of the Uberti or Armi-Jager brands, or any similar firearm fitted with a revolving ammunition cylinder (other than a firearm manufactured before 1920).

9 A shotgun fitted with or designed to be fitted with a drum magazine of the “Striker 12” assault shotgun type or any similar weapon.

10 Any firearm to which there is attached any article or device capable of muffling, reducing or stopping the noise created by firing the firearm.

11 A firearm, not being a pistol, fitted with a stock that is specially designed so as to be readily detachable, or to operate on a swivel, folding or telescopic basis.

12 A firearm made up in the form of a stylographic or propelling pen or pencil, capable of being used for the discharge of gas, bullets, shot, dye or pyrotechnic flares.

13 A firearm capable of discharging by any means:

(a) any irritant matter in liquid, powder, gas or chemical form, or
(b) any pyrotechnic flare or dye, or
(c) any article known as a “paint-ball”.

14 A firearm that:

(a) substantially duplicates in appearance some other article (such as a walking stick, walking cane or key ring), and
(b) disguises or conceals the fact that it is a firearm.

15 A cannon or other weapon by whatever name known of a type which will expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, and which has a barrel with a bore in excess of 10 gauge, not being a firearm of the Very or rocket type designed and intended for use for life saving or distress signalling purposes, an antique muzzle loading firearm, or a rifle or shotgun manufactured before 1920.

16 Any firearm which, or part of which, has a dimension less than the minimum dimension prescribed for the firearm or part by the regulations.

17 Any imitation or replica of any firearm (including any imitation or replica pistol, blank fire pistol, shortened firearm, machine gun or sub-machine gun) unless it is of a type approved by the Commissioner.

18 Any device known as a “powerhead” that can be attached to the end of a spear gun and that is designed to propel a projectile by means of an explosive.

It's insane. Our national Hi-Power team can't even import them to train for Camp Perry (Gun Plumber can tell you about that)
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Bumpage.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#35]
My mate just picked this up off guntrader for £500 and we were very surprised to find zero extraction issues on cheap RG.

DSA SA58

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not suprised with a cocking handle that size.  

At least if he does need a lump hammer at some stage he probably won't bend the thing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 4:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bodie] [#37]
Two new toys for my collection. A 7.62 Saiga AK and my new Bradley Arms 300 Whisper. Picked up this evening Thanks Mark!

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#38]
That Whisper is a looker!

Not going for the cocking handle mod on the AK?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#39]

That Whisper is a looker!

Not going for the cocking handle mod on the AK?

Nah, I was at Bisley with it for the first time the other day & it extracted free & smooth & wasn't a problem at all, my .223 AK on the other hand could do with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 1:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timlad07] [#40]

Originally Posted By Bodie:
Two new toys for my collection. A 7.62 Saiga AK and my new Bradley Arms 300 Whisper. Picked up this evening Thanks Mark!

img208.imageshack.us/img208/1075/ak1gf5.jpg

img522.imageshack.us/img522/1995/bradley1dj2.jpg

When is the 9 millie ready ??????  

You havn't chickened out have you   ????
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By timlad07:

Originally Posted By Bodie:

img208.imageshack.us/img208/1075/ak1gf5.jpg

img522.imageshack.us/img522/1995/bradley1dj2.jpg

When is the 9 millie ready ??????  

You havn't chickened out have you   ????

I'm afraid so, I think the Whisper was the far more sensible option
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 1:36:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 5:22:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Just acquired
i27.tinypic.com/4tsia0.jpg

He who dies with most toys....wins
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Very Nice Mark.... .

I'm trying to get in there to do there update training soon
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Just acquired

Very nice - any more of these likely to come onto the market now the new one is being issued?
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:44:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradders] [#47]
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Just acquired

Need
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:07:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: timlad07] [#49]

Originally Posted By nick624:

Just acquired

Very nice - any more of these likely to come onto the market now the new one is being issued?

Probably not from UK MoD as rumour has it that ex .Mil firearms can't be sold to UK citizens

Not rumour - Fact along with Ex-police weapons. (Home Office Legislation)

Very nice, a member of our club has an AW that may well be coming up for sale soon  

I can't get used to the trigger on his, alot of 'pull' on the first stage but they are an excellent rifle, very nice Mark  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#50]
We shouldn't have to buy them, we've already paid for them once
Page / 44
UK Picture Thread (Page 2 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top