Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 11:02:42 PM EDT
I found out at a recent gun show that Sean passed away a while back. He was in possession of some of my NFA goods which he took in that I was to transfer in via F4.  I had two other attorneys but neither can provide legal advise as one died and the other is now an elected government official.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
He was killed over a year ago, had you ever gotten the signed Form 4s from him and mailed them in?  If so, call the NFA branch and check the status on them. Call the Houston BATFE office and ask to speak to an industry operations person, they should have done an inspection to close out his books if there was nobody else on the license to continue the business.   It took about thirty seconds to look up the open probate case in Harris county.  They publicly list the attorney for the Independent Administrator as:
CRAWLEY, C. L., Jr.
8505 Technology Forest Place #403
THE WOODLANDS TX 77381
Phone 281-362-8181
Fax 281-362-8182
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I never got the F4's from him.  Only an email from him stating they came in and he wanted to shoot them. I agreed and never heard back.  I will contact the attorney you listed.  Thank you.  

I never found that Harris County probate court site before, thank you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited to add the link

In just 5 seconds I found this one that says if Sean was in possession of your item to email them.... and goes on to what to put in the subject line, etc.https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/e226fc/update_info_concerning_the_passing_of_well_known/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top