Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2021 9:28:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
This is so unbelievable!...even for Ill-noise. I would be looking to further my policing career in another state.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I quit calling my congressmen, there is nothing they can do.  I say go full Critical Race Theory and do it hard, and do it fast.  No police at all.  Nothing against police officers who I support as individuals, but I have never called the police to help me in my life.  They have been here two times looking for lost persons, and once after the tornado, but they did not have to help me.  I have called for help for others, since that was the best option.  I took care of myself and stayed out of trouble.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I quit calling my congressmen, there is nothing they can do.  I say go full Critical Race Theory and do it hard, and do it fast.  No police at all.  Nothing against police officers who I support as individuals, but I have never called the police to help me in my life.  They have been here two times looking for lost persons, and once after the tornado, but they did not have to help me.  I have called for help for others, since that was the best option.  I took care of myself and stayed out of trouble.
View Quote

I wish more people was like you.

Reference the QI. Screw it. Let it all burn. Once more cops realize they are not safe from a frivolous lawsuit even if they don’t abuse their powers, they will look for another career.

You will be left with very “interesting” candidates wanting to do this job.

I already can’t stand going to work. Between internal politics and politicians, I regret my career choice of 20 years.

But I made my bed. Now I get to lay in it. Went in loving the job, I was dumb.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wish more people was like you.

Reference the QI. Screw it. Let it all burn. Once more cops realize they are not safe from a frivolous lawsuit even if they don’t abuse their powers, they will look for another career.

You will be left with very “interesting” candidates wanting to do this job.

I already can’t stand going to work. Between internal politics and politicians, I regret my career choice of 20 years.

But I made my bed. Now I get to lay in it. Went in loving the job, I was dumb.
View Quote

That's sad. I'm sorry NOT that you put your life into a career that to me is respected and a higher calling than most; But that bad politics has caused many conscientious men and women to regret their livelihood. I truly hope and pray that this legislation doesn't pass.
  My wife and I moved from Ill-noise 1 1/2 years ago; It would have been sooner but my job had mileage requirements and I was on call 24/7. I loved Illinois because I was born and raised in a great little city there. Politics destroyed Illinois. And our small quaint and safe Illinois city I was raised in now has areas where many citizens won't go into even during the day.
  The politics of 'no consequences for crime' allowed thugs from Chicago and the like to infiltrate and ruin the town. My wife and I lived in the presently, 'bad area', for 25 years. It started off a great 'know all your neighbors community' to..keeping the garage doors closed while outside mowing because some thug might grab and dash with a piece of personal property. Very, very sad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Rome/ Greece falls a second time from within
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's sad. I'm sorry NOT that you put your life into a career that to me is respected and a higher calling than most; But that bad politics has caused many conscientious men and women to regret their livelihood. I truly hope and pray that this legislation doesn't pass.
  My wife and I moved from Ill-noise 1 1/2 years ago; It would have been sooner but my job had mileage requirements and I was on call 24/7. I loved Illinois because I was born and raised in a great little city there. Politics destroyed Illinois. And our small quaint and safe Illinois city I was raised in now has areas where many citizens won't go into even during the day.
  The politics of 'no consequences for crime' allowed thugs from Chicago and the like to infiltrate and ruin the town. My wife and I lived in the presently, 'bad area', for 25 years. It started off a great 'know all your neighbors community' to keeping even your garage doors closed while outside mowing because some thug might grab and dash with a piece of personal property. Very, very sad.
View Quote

Thank you and I appreciate the kind words.

I also plan to move out of here when I retire. But I have a feeling that due to family, I’ll have to stay even longer.

There are plenty of areas that were nice and now are horrible. I can only imagine how this place will look in about 10 years.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess we will stay until it gets bad here.  Or until the cat dies.  If the cat dies, we can live in Tennessee in the winter.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
As a peasant here in The Worker's Paradise, I can't wait to leave. 2 years and 1 month and adios Illannoy, I hope I live that long.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As a peasant here in The Worker's Paradise, I can't wait to leave. 2 years and 1 month and adios Illannoy, I hope I live that long.
View Quote

Hang in there handyandy!...there's light at the end of the tunnel.
It's just a matter of time before you escape over 'the wire' of the Ill-noise internment camp.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hang in there handyandy!...there's light at the end of the tunnel.
It's just a matter of time before you escape over 'the wire' of the Ill-noise internment camp.
View Quote

Two more years and one month on my sentence. It sucks living in this state. Are you an IL escapee?

@Firemedix123 you should post this in GD.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Two more years and one month on my sentence. It sucks living in this state. Are you an IL escapee?

@Firemedix123 you should post this in GD.
View Quote

Yes we are. My wife and I went to almost every IGold and were very active at filling out witness slips, contacting legislators and spending at times, literally, hours reading legislation and such. As a matter of fact we will continue going to IGold if they don't shut it down next year like they did this year.
  We were born in Illinois and spent most of our lives there but when I retired it was, unfortunately, goodbye. I loved Illinois but the politics drove us out. I had to wait till retirement because I was on call 24/7 and had a mileage requirement. Be patient and your opportunity will come sooner than you think. Keep your chin up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top