Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2018 1:44:03 PM EDT
I'm in North Phoenix, willing to head east Phoenix or North Scottsdale as well.

These news stories of daycares shaking babies and feeding the kids pain killers and what not are scaring the shit out of me.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been a while since the kids were needing it (like a decade), but the
Tutor Time at grayhawk was pretty good. Not cheap, but zero issues
with them and solid, reliable staff.

In that area people have a very low tolerance for less than perfect
(aka they're high maintenance types) but the result is better, though
more expensive services in general.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
My kid goes to Primrose on the west side. The same owners have the one over on Tatum and Bell (I think). Its one of the best around. A little pricey though. We pay about 240$ a week. They're open from 0630-1830 Mon-Fri. We tried one of the cheaper, daily places and the kid was sick every other week. Ended up costing more with missed work and co pays.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Phoenix Children’s Academy at 39th and Happy Valley. My twin boys went their for two years before starting kindergarten. They are licensed and get visits from the state and licensing. If you know the area it is pretty nice. A lot of the “upper” middle class bring their kids there so it is kept up pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phoenix Children’s Academy at 39th and Happy Valley. My twin boys went their for two years before starting kindergarten. They are licensed and get visits from the state and licensing. If you know the area it is pretty nice. A lot of the “upper” middle class bring their kids there so it is kept up pretty well.
View Quote
Ive heard good things about this place too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am moving from Illinois to that area in 2 weeks. That is one of the centers we will be looking at for our kids. They are run by Cadance Education who also runs the daycare we go to here in Illinois. Cadance bought our current daycare about 2 years ago and they have been awesome the entire time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My kids went to Bright Horizons near the hospital on Shea and 90th St. We still use one of the teachers for a babysitter. They are awesome. My niece and nephew went to Tutor Time at Greyhawk and it was also a great place.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Kids go over at 64th and greenway and it’s been good to go but kinda expensive. For both boys, 6mo and 3y/o, it’s 1600 a month.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
My daughter went to Paradise for Tots for a year before kindergarten.  Came very highly recommend by a lot of our friends.
Great place and great staff.  Id highly recommend it.  They were very accommodating as well.
She learned a lot there, and they were always doing good projects in class to help them learn.
I dont go to Church, but I did like they talked a little about God and had prayers.  Thought it was a nice touch, and good for the kids.

Its at Tatum and Thunderbird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top