Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 11:38:47 PM EDT
Who’s your go to for smith work?  I’ll be looking to have a bull or heavy barrel cut and threaded and will be using a suppressor, so I can’t just take it to any old place without knowing they do quality work.

Edit: Also not looking for someone that takes months to complete a job.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I think KyGunCo in Bardstown has a pretty serious gunsmith shop there.

Only gunsmith shops in Louisville with a storefront that I know of are Danny's Gun Repair, and Firearms Service Center.  Problem is, I think Danny isn't known for great customer service (doesn't return phone calls, emails, and I've driven to his location numerous times during his posted business hours and the doors are locked and the lights are off).  Gary Rowan, owner of Firearms Service Center recently passed away, and they are closed.

There are some other people that do gunsmith work out of their garage, like CW on Ferndale Road.  

I tend to ship my stuff off if I needed work done that I couldn't do myself.  I'm sure ADCO could do it for you, and they have a fast turnaround.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for ADCO. I used them to cut and thread a barrel a few years back. No issues, reasonable price, and quick turnaround then.
They are on the MI/OH border right off US23 if you ever go that way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  

CW is a nice guy if he’s who I’m thinking of(used to have his shop above Bearno’s in Fern Creek). I used him once, but the turnaround was long.  I was hoping to avoid shipping it if I could, but that may be the best option if KyGunCo doesn’t work out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
It's in Lexington, but I used Impact Armory to pin/weld a flash hider on an AR barrel last year and was satisfied with the work.  Turn around time was just under a week.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
JB's in Shepherdsville on HWY 44 on way to Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JB's in Shepherdsville on HWY 44 on way to Knob Creek.
View Quote

+1 for JB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top