Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent. Now lets see how long it takes the governor to respond.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ferguson will be suing in 3, 2, 1....
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha

Fuck you inslee for your anti gun position. Catcher.

Maga
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
But does this actually reopen stores in states/cities across the US that shut them down
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Adventure Sports in Lynnwood was open when I rode by Saturday afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I was calling around to gun shops in Port Orchard to Silverdale looking for ammo yesterday, and the few that answered hadn't gotten the word that they are essential because they told me they were not open to sell ammo or guns...the only stores open with ammo were stores that also sold things such as freeze dried food.

I'm not looking to make an ammo fort, I just want to buy 100-200 rounds of 5.56 ammo, and about 100 rounds of "duty" ammo (not ball ammo) for 45 acp ammo to keep on hand.  

If anyone has hints of shops between Gig Harbor and Silverdale, Bremerton where I might find some, I would sure appreciate a tip...
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That's not enough to call any thing a fort. I have that much ammo next to my toilet
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not enough to call any thing a fort. I have that much ammo next to my toilet
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not looking to make an ammo fort

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Need to pick up some .45LC and a set of dies/shellholder sometime this week, lets make this happen!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But does this actually reopen stores in states/cities across the US that shut them down
View Quote

Technically no.  These are guidelines.

Since the shutdown is happening at a State level, Federal guidelines, are not enforceable.

It is possible it might help in some of the lawsuits.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Technically no.  These are guidelines.

Since the shutdown is happening at a State level, Federal guidelines, are not enforceable.

It is possible it might help in some of the lawsuits.
View Quote

you are correct:  Fed Guidelines

"This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard. Additionally, this advisory list is not intended to be the exclusive list of critical infrastructure sectors, workers, and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response across all jurisdictions. Individual jurisdictions should add or subtract essential workforce categories based on their own requirements and discretion. "
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#12]
One would think that the 2nd amendment foundation based in Bellevue would be on this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
From Bellevue Gun Club:
THE RANGE IS OPEN
Unless Ordered Otherwise
Bellevue Gun Club has been deemed an essential business both on the Federal and State level. A large part of our business are Government and security contracts and we must remain open to service these contracts.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was calling around to gun shops in Port Orchard to Silverdale looking for ammo yesterday, and the few that answered hadn't gotten the word that they are essential because they told me they were not open to sell ammo or guns...the only stores open with ammo were stores that also sold things such as freeze dried food.

I'm not looking to make an ammo fort, I just want to buy 100-200 rounds of 5.56 ammo, and about 100 rounds of "duty" ammo (not ball ammo) for 45 acp ammo to keep on hand.  

If anyone has hints of shops between Gig Harbor and Silverdale, Bremerton where I might find some, I would sure appreciate a tip...
View Quote

You didn't call Daugherty's then.

He's been open throughout.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi guys I have a buddy in WA state trying to buy his first gun. Can you guys let me know if transfers in your state are halted or is that a rumor?

Thanks in advance Thurman.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One would think that the 2nd amendment foundation based in Bellevue would be on this.
View Quote

They are.  Be patient.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hi guys I have a buddy in WA state trying to buy his first gun. Can you guys let me know if transfers in your state are halted or is that a rumor?

Thanks in advance Thurman.
View Quote

"halted" statewide - not technically.  Some jurisdictions were running well behind the ten day turn around even prior to the COVID-19 response.  It is literally county-by-county right now.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are.  Be patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are.  Be patient.

My guess is that they are waiting for a shop to get the first "violation notice" from Insshhhhlee, so that "standing" is established without question.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Went my Skagit Arms this morning. They’ve stayed open but are now closed Sunday and Monday. I bought a G45 this morning. I live in whatcom county and was told that they were not processing any back ground checks but have started again? I don’t know 100% sure yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Went my Skagit Arms this morning. They’ve stayed open but are now closed Sunday and Monday. I bought a G45 this morning. I live in whatcom county and was told that they were not processing any back ground checks but have started again? I don’t know 100% sure yet.
View Quote

I want to speak carefully, as I am not sure how much latitude I have to share information, however some jurisdictions chose to stop processing background checks due to the COVID-19 response.  Some high-powered, pro-gun legislators got involved (state level).  Those jurisdictions resumed processing background checks.  Other jurisdictions took note and resumed also.

We have allies. We are not alone.  Get engaged and stay engaged.  We are gaining ground.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I want to speak carefully, as I am not sure how much latitude I have to share information, however some jurisdictions chose to stop processing background checks due to the COVID-19 response.  Some high-powered, pro-gun legislators got involved (state level).  Those jurisdictions resumed processing background checks.  Other jurisdictions took note and resumed also.

We have allies. We are not alone.  Get engaged and stay engaged.  We are gaining ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I was getting different information from people and the guys down at Skagit thought Whatcom County had resumed but weren’t 100% sure. Another LGS up here was battling with a local police department on what was going on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Snohomish and King county are still processing background checks as well as my area local city Police departments.  A few of the smaller Police departments are 1-3 day turnaround.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#23]
https://keprtv.com/news/coronavirus/essential-business-local-gun-shop-staying-open-without-states-blessing
My favorite local gun store is open, glad to have the resources in the area. Surprised at the line, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top