Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2020 6:32:40 PM EDT
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/22/trump-activates-national-guard-in-california-new-york-and-washington-state-to-fight-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Trump also said during his Sunday PM press briefing that additional steps will be coming for WA.

What do you all think this means when the National Guard shows up?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it means they will hand out supplies and other bullshit tasks. The Washington NG is not equipped to do shit period, the equipment they are fielded here as well as the two BCTs on JBLM is pure shit, to the 25th power.

Everybody can honestly calm down about the Martial Law boogaloo blah blah.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn’t this mean Trump commands them and Inslee doesn’t?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife tells me everyday that she keeps seeing people on Facebook going over to Idaho to eat at restaurants and shop and whatnot. My guess is that could be coming to an end
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if they have been activated under Title 10, and then under whatever capacity is in the order.

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

He said during the briefing the NG would be under the governors' authority.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think it means they will hand out supplies and other bullshit tasks. The Washington NG is not equipped to do shit period, the equipment they are fielded here as well as the two BCTs on JBLM is pure shit, to the 25th power.

Everybody can honestly calm down about the Martial Law boogaloo blah blah.
View Quote

I guess I could see activating the CBRNE and maybe medical guys but I see not point in the infantry battalion or many of the other CA units.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they activated a headquarters or a staff office or something.
My neighbor is one of those guard guys that gets called up for every single flood, every fire, every earthquake and hurricane. He's sitting at home barbecuing right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top