Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2018 1:23:42 PM EDT
I'm posting this to warn anyone in the area and in hopes of recovering my pickup, a 2001 Chevy Silverado with matching canopy. Some asshat stole it along with a pile of tools out of my driveway in Tacoma / Fife Thursday early morning while I was at work. It's pretty recognizable so the responding officer seemed confident it would be found quickly but  a couple days later there's no news, any info or sightings would be greatly appreciated! Plate number is C48279F.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I will keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
probably in Georgetown with all the other campers. SPD wont find it for months
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Got the call at about 3:30am that the pickup was found in Tacoma, no idea what condition it's in other than the dispatcher said it was "driveable" and the plates were removed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the call at about 3:30am that the pickup was found in Tacoma, no idea what condition it's in other than the dispatcher said it was "driveable" and the plates were removed.
View Quote
Stock stereo removed
Steering column busted
Gas empty
Smells like weed
Empty Mountain Dew bottles
Cigarette butts on the floor

Did they find it near the port? I see a lot of random vehicles that look stolen near the container yards frequently.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Tools too?  Dang that sucks.

Now I feel bad for being angry that some asshat stole the crappy shovel out of the bed of my pickup truck when I lived in the Stadium District.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Truck was found with plates removed relatively close to the house (within a mile). Some body damage where the shitbag hit a cement pole or similar and a touchscreen gps / stereo head unit / stereo ripped out, backup camera and monitor taken, LED interior bulbs removed, broke open the canopy door, etc. They used the pickup to carry away a bunch of tools taken from my garden / storage sheds and cargo trailer. I've got a very short list of suspects (realtors or clients of those realtors that viewed the house) because they knew where to find certain items in a locked up cargo trailer and got into the house only long enough to grab specific items after setting off the alarm system. Cops retrieved fingerprints and a bunch of personal effects from the shithead(s) that were left in the truck after it was stripped.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Karma will get these A-holes one day!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
They caught the guy with the truck apparently, along with a bunch of drugs and stolen property from other thefts. None of my stuff aside from the truck was recovered unfortunately. The tweaker wss arrested in January on drug charges, in May for burglary, and again now in November for burglary / vehicle theft and trafficking stolen property. I'm sure he's just misunderstood.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
He will be back on the streets next week..
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He will be back on the streets next week..
View Quote
Yup, Dan Satterberg will not prosecute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top