Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2022 5:47:12 PM EDT
Looking for a truck tool chest, 60". Black aluminum diamond plate or plain steel with decent locks. Looking for Dallas proper, nothing north of 635/Richardson. Anyone around with truck accessories in stock?

Yeah, I could drive to McKinney, I could also just drive to Waco and deal with less traffic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Tractor Supply?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tractor Supply?
View Quote

^^
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

^^
View Quote

Very hit or miss on what they have in stock. They have the TSC branded boxes, they look "ok" but definitely won't hold up very long to a little prying.

The Weatherguard boxes look a little heavier. TSC in Terrell had one 55" model way up on the top shelf, no price, kinda pushed in on one side. Probably could tap it out with a rubber mallet and not really matter that much. The TSC closer to my house doesn't have any Weatherguard, only TSC branded stuff.

I got a line on a no name place south of Arlington airport in Mansfield off Mansfield Web Rd. in some kind of business park. The guy doesn't have a website or anything. From what I understand he's just got boxes of new truck accessories laying around and you tell him what you're looking for. Sounds a little shady.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you checked with Earl Owen?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers? They have several around the metroplex and at least one of them may have what you’re looking for.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a line on a no name place south of Arlington airport in Mansfield off Mansfield Web Rd. in some kind of business park. The guy doesn't have a website or anything. From what I understand he's just got boxes of new truck accessories laying around and you tell him what you're looking for. Sounds a little shady.

View Quote

There's an outfit like that in the SW corner of Royal Ln and I35E in NW Dallas.  I've done business with this guy.  It was a square deal, I got a receipt.  It's been 4 years, I dont remember the companyy's name but he still sells on CL.

Companies like these do the simple parts swaps for dealerships.  Dudebro buys an F150, and when doing the paperwork they bring in a menu of add-ons.  Dudebro picks this, that, and the other.  Paperwork is complete, come get your truck in 24 hours, or so.  Any take-offs, these little companies keep them, then sell them on ebay, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I drove out to Mansfield, dude had a legit shop, but 90% of it was just a place to buy your chrome crap magnet.

As much as I didn't want to, I needed to get my stuff situated. All my tools are in my cab and it's a disaster. So we walked into Camper Corral and I picked up my bed liner, a UWS tool chest and some very simple nerf bars. All the accessories on my truck are black, so I needed quality, not fancy.

I still need a brake controller, a folding tonneau, and something like a ranch hand bumper that will take a winch. I'll swing up and check out the guy off Royal. Thanks. I've got the super cheap 17" factory steel rims, I wish I had the 18" factory steel instead, I may see if he has a set.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Check the local salvage yards for Ranch Hand bumpers. I understand it's a common item. Might save a buck if you happen to find one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top