Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2021 8:35:38 PM EDT
Just got this email. So disappointed. Loved going there.

“This is Jeremy Moore, owner of Triple C Range.
It is with a hurting heart, I must announce that Triple C Range is permanently closed. This is something that has happened over the last few days.

Reason.
We were engaged in a long term lease with the landlord for a portion of the property. For those familiar with the property, this will hopefully make sense. The portion the range is located on, is solely owned by our landlord (or most of it…more on that in a minute). The front part of the property up to the last cattle guard you cross, which was located at Area A&B is part of a trust, which is why we never shot up there. The trust also controls the use of the road leading back to the range.

The area from approximately the 700 yard line and further at Area D is on the trust. It was ours and the landlord understanding we were good to have targets on that part of the property. Recently that has been clarified and we can not.
The trust has decided not to accept our proposal to lease the areas mentioned above. Without permission for commercial use of the road, we can’t get to the range and operate a business. There’s no other access other than the road.

This is the only reason we are closing. Any other reason you hear is a lie. I am being as transparent as one can.

This is a matter of oversight by some people and I don’t feel it was malicious or misleading by anyone.

To our Members:
If we debited your card monthly, we have stopped all those recurring charges.

If you paid for the year up front, we will figure out the time left on your membership and will mail a refund check for the difference. It’s going to take some time, but you can expect a check within 90 days.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last several years building the range to what it was. The relationships, friendships, community and family that was created is priceless to me.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you the last few years.”

List of Alternative ranges in the area:

Tac Pro Shooting Center
ETTS Gun Range
Fossil Pointe
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh no!!!

I have not heard of a commercial site needing a different type of road, access is access.  Hopefully they had a good lawyer look at it before taking this step.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know if another place to shoot long range in the area.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well shit.  I know the property was on the market last year.  I wonder if this is related?  

I let my membership expire in December due to the ammo shortage and not being able to justify the cost with the limited shooting I was doing.  It was a great range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait, this is the Triple C in Cresson?   I was thinking it was the Cawthon Cartridge Club (CCC) right down the road from me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My son is taking it hard. We have years of memory’s out there. It’s where he learned to shoot and drive. Definitely a huge loss.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#7]
This is terrible. So many groups, clubs, and other training businesses used Triple C as the venue. With the Sandpit closing too last year, we've lost 2 good ranges in DFW
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Just saw the email. That effing sucks. It was worth the drive for me from the coast just to shoot a mile and enjoy the area.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Terrible news.  That place is nothing short of incredible.  With gong ranges going out to 2000 yards.  Where else can one do that 30 minutes away from the metroplex?  The guys running it were super cool.   I knew there were some recent land-item issues that made them close the 2000 yard range area.  But I figured that was just that; and you could still do the 1000 yard area, along with the various bays.  

This really sucks.  All of our long-range loads and ammo; just became 200 yard guns and ammo.  

Man, those guys really poured their hearts into making that an amazing facility; I feel for them on a personal note on all of this as well - as this has to be a heartbreaker for them too. I don't quite understand how easement works in Texas.  I was always under the impression easement was easement; and had to be given.  Apparently not, based on the text of the update.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I also just read Jeremy's email, he will surely find another venue
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow that sucks. We moved to the area about a year ago and being able to get to that range was one of the reasons why I wanted to buy a house where we did.

I guess it's ETTS or nothing now if you want to shoot longer range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I am very sad for Jeremy and his crew  on this.  I’ve been doing work out there for a few years now and to see where he picked it up to where it is now is leaps and bounds above where it was and just about any range I’ve been to in Texas.  I don’t know his whole situation or cannot comment on it but the guy has poured a ton of hard work into it and it’s a damn shame.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes this is the Cresson range.

Seriously a huge loss. There wasn't another range to my knowledge that comes close.
View Quote

I’ve been to a lot and the only thing in Texas I’ve been to that is remotely close is all private gotta be a friend to shoot there.  This is a huge loss all around.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damn it! If I win a big lottery (not likely) I'm going to build the best range in the world.
View Quote
Can I retire and come be a groundskeeper?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sure, if you can stand all the debauchery that my friends and I commit.
View Quote
Eh whatever. After 20 years of BS, I can handle a lot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like the trust is affiliated with the Walsh family. Big money oil and gas also doing a 15,000 home master planned development west of Fort Worth. No idea who would have the say on approving something like the range's access road, but it seems a little odd that such a huge land owner would raise a fuss over something like this that had been going on for years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
This really sucks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw this too. Never been but I was signed up for Bob Vogel's class there at the end of March.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:49:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Got the email earlier today. Really bummed me out. Best range I've ever been too. Great matches out there. So many fucking different types of competition..... just snuffed out.

Really sucks.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seems like the trust is affiliated with the Walsh family. Big money oil and gas also doing a 15,000 home master planned development west of Fort Worth. No idea who would have the say on approving something like the range's access road, but it seems a little odd that such a huge land owner would raise a fuss over something like this that had been going on for years.
View Quote

I’ve dealt with the guy that owns the land where that development is going and he was tough to deal with at times.  You have to enter his property on the east side and drive a good ways to get to the SWD/comp station on the west side.  I’ve seen him run crews down and throw them off the place for going over the posted speed limit.   He used to have a house back towards the middle but it caught fire several years ago and the FD couldn’t get to it because a train was stopped at his gate and blocking the road crossing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I feel sorry for Jeremy, I have known him for years and he is a real stand up guy. He built a great range, and put on some real good matches there. I know in Texas most land locked properties are required easement so you can access them. Some times there is a fee, one time or yearly, it sounds like whoever runs the trust that owns the property does not want the range there. So if Jeremy fought this in court all it would do is make 2 lawyers richer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’ve dealt with the guy that owns the land where that development is going and he was tough to deal with at times.  You have to enter his property on the east side and drive a good ways to get to the SWD/comp station on the west side.  I’ve seen him run crews down and throw them off the place for going over the posted speed limit.   He used to have a house back towards the middle but it caught fire several years ago and the FD couldn’t get to it because a train was stopped at his gate and blocking the road crossing.
View Quote

There's no telling how many people a family/business that size could have calling the shots on different parts of the organization, but them not agreeing to work with Jeremy on the road/lease is a real downer. Putting one of the premier facilities in the state out of business. Really big loss.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I never went to Triple C, but I had heard of it.  I'm sorry for you guys who just lost your long range spot.  I know the heartache;  we lost Best of the West in Liberty Hill a few years ago.  If I hit the stoplights right, it was a 30 minute drive from my house in north Austin.  It's a real shame to lose such great ranges.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#27]
This range is another 30 minutes further for me but looks like a good alternative. I'll probably go visit and sign up for the family membership soon. http://www.ettsgunrange.com

Edit: I called and spoke to Sky. She was very helpful, and friendly. Sounds promising. Curious about anyones experience out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This range is another 30 minutes further for me but looks like a good alternative. I'll probably go visit and sign up for the family membership soon. http://www.ettsgunrange.com

Edit: I called and spoke to Sky. She was very helpful, and friendly. Sounds promising. Curious about anyones experience out there.
View Quote

I've only been once and it was their night shoot, so take with a grain of salt: The facilities are ok and the people are great. On the whole, not as good as Triple C was, but almost nowhere met that standard. I'd expect ETTS will become quite popular as it's (AFAIK), the only place that offers public access to practical shooting facilities in the area. I'd love to learn about others though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I toured the place a couple of years ago. Took 2 hours to get home... They required an annual membership to shoot long range at the time. I am not sure now. The website is not specific on that point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I drove all the way from Tyler to TripleC for a class.

I know alot of high-profile trainers who used that facility. Hopefully, ETTS will fill the void.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#31]
ETTS is where I met Jeremy when he put on 3 Gun matches there. ETTS is not a bad place, they have a lot of good size Tac bays, but their longe range was nothing like Triple C.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#32]
CRAP.

TCCC was legitimately one of my favorite places. First place I shot at 1k yards. I was planning on starting competing in The Tactical Games there this year too

This blows
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I still haven't figure out how this works.  In Texas, land-locked properties are required to have easement access.  I don't know the law at all on this, but that property has commercial ranching and commerical oil-well access activity on it as well.  Is that access shut-down now too?

Obviously Jeremy has tried; but has an actual lawyer on such things had a chance to review and provide guidance?  Probably so - but I'm curious all the same how this works - I thought easement was easement.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I still haven't figure out how this works.  In Texas, land-locked properties are required to have easement access.  I don't know the law at all on this, but that property has commercial ranching and commerical oil-well access activity on it as well.  Is that access shut-down now too?

Obviously Jeremy has tried; but has an actual lawyer on such things had a chance to review and provide guidance?  Probably so - but I'm curious all the same how this works - I thought easement was easement.
View Quote

I thought we just read about Terlingua-area real estate scams where people are buying lots sight unseen, and there was no easement?

Texas Realtors say there are only some rare situations where you can force an easement:  https://www.texasrealestate.com/members/communications/texas-realtor-magazine/issues/november-2018/how-can-i-access-my-own-landlocked-property/
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#36]
That's possible, but it's a LONG way away from where their - or anyone's - current residential development stuff is. Different parts of outlying parts of the metroplex are heating up for single family housing development, but Cresson hasn't really started with that heat yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#38]
This sucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I've shot lots of matches there and love the facility. This is really crappy news.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Triple C is 10 minutes from my home.  I've known Jeremy for a long time and he is real stand-up great guy.  I don't know all the circumstances but I'm still hopeful something can be worked out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#41]
It was a great place for long range. Really convenient for me.  Hopefully they can work this out or find another place to operate on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm curious what happens to the literal tons of components of the range. The structures and berms aren't likely to move anywhere, but there are a lot of steel targets and misc shooting props out there. I hope Jeremy is able to find another location to set up a new range.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Texas Tactical is open again with a new owner

North of downtown Weatherford
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Texas Tactical is open again with a new owner

North of downtown Weatherford
View Quote

Is it any good? Length? Nazis?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

site says only 200 yards.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foiled again

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gross
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a range on 281 south of I20 that goes to 500, or over on down 20 is Tac pro which goes to 1000
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is a range on 281 south of I20 that goes to 500, or over on down 20 is Tac pro which goes to 1000
View Quote

Can we get some names on these? I'm on the look out for places to shoot now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Can we get some names on these? I'm on the look out for places to shoot now.
View Quote

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/
On SH 108 between IH 20 and Stephenville
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top