Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2021 8:28:13 PM EDT
To the member who sent me the IM about the Browning Safe...

For some damn reason, this site will not let me send IMs reliably. 3 mofo damn times I typed out a reply, sent it, and it wasn't sent because the 6 digit captha code bullshit  erroneously claiming it was entered incorrectly. I quadruple checked it each time, it was correct. And it deleted my reply in the process.

So I retyped it...same shit. Not sent, deleted.

Tried again..  Again it failed.

Sorry man. I quit trying after 3.

Ever since my paid membership expired and I didn't renew it, it's been this way. Maybe, if I'm lucky, 1 of 10 tried messages will be sent.

To answer your question ( you know who you are) you're probably dealing with a bolt hold-open device that prevents the door bolts from extending  to locked position until door is closed. The purpose is so the door frame doesn't get all marred up by someone accidentally trying to close the door with the lock bolts extended. You cannot scramble the combo lock until door bolts extended as lock's bolt isn't aligned with the bolt linkage.

The hold open will have a "trigger" on the door edge, either hinge side, or on the bottom. It will be pushed in by contacting the safe body or door frame when the door is pushed closed. Push it in with your finger, and the bolts should pop right out, as it's spring loaded. To test the combo with door open (very smart move) find the the hold-open trigger and push it in manually with door open. Bolts will spring into locked position and you can now spin the dial to scramble the combo and test it with the door open, but in locked position.

Sorry for the delay, I just saw your message about an hour ago. Spent that hour trying unsuccessfully to reply.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It Was Me.
My issue has been Solved.
????.
Thank you for your assistance.
I too was having great difficulty in sending a second updated message.
I also called it quits.
Thank you again.
Heading back home on the 4th.
I'll be in eagle river / rhinelander,  end of month for a family visit.
??????
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
With every Gold Membership Brownells should send out a half dozen homing pigeons or at least a couple miles of string and a couple of soup cans.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Inbound tomorrow.
Seafood buffet at lac du flatbed lake of torches..
Saturday.
Head back to Watertown Sunday.
MAYBE.!
??
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
At Trig's now...
Vacation weekend begins....

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At Trig's now...
Vacation weekend begins....

View Quote

Always like the Eagle River Trigs nice store...parking lot filled with expensive cars today?

Range Rovers
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Always like the Eagle River Trigs nice store...parking lot filled with expensive cars today?

Range Rovers
View Quote

If you ask my wife, she'll tell you that "You've got to be rich to shop there".

She shops at Pick & Save weekly, and Aldi's in Rhinelander about every other tuesday or wednesday (those are her days off work). Me, I don't like any of them.

IMO, Trigs has better meat than Pick & Save, but they do have higher prices on it, and just about everything else too. Trigs has a much nicer liquor store with a bigger selection, but maybe that's where the Range Rover drivers were shopping. Knob Creek Smoked Maple flavored bourbon is $40 there. At the liquor store in Rhinelander, a block or so east of Kohls, it's only $30. 25% is a BIG difference. Jose Cuervo, my other staple, is about the same price everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time I'm up I will check out Aldi's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Trig's is still Wisconsin owned, isn't it? Hard to compete on price against Kroger (Pick 'n Save). I'm always in favor of shopping local companies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trig's is still Wisconsin owned, isn't it? Hard to compete on price against Kroger (Pick 'n Save). I'm always in favor of shopping local companies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trig's is considered more of a collection than a chain.
The collection started in 1971 when Trygve (Trig) and Tula Solberg started the company with a single small store in Land O'Lakes, Wisconsin. Today, T.A. Solberg Company, Inc. operates five Trig's stores in the Northern Wisconsin communities of Rhinelander, Minocqua, Eagle River, Wausau, Weston, Tomahawk, and Stevens Point.

I could have sworn they had one back in the old days in Antigo closer to downtown...they don't list it on their website though...so I guess I was wrong about that one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm all in favor of spending as little of my retirement income on food as I can. I cannot afford to be picky on ownership.

Besides that, I've met the owner (not my favorite person is putting it mildly) and I know quite a few ex-employees who feel a bit more strongly, in a negative way, about the corporation as a whole. That being said... the store manager at the Eagle River store (Terry T.) is a great guy, one of my favorite people. As are some of the asst managers (Linda, Mike, and Grant -who recently retired).

OTOH, Kroger corp won't win many popularity contests here either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I could have sworn they had one back in the old days in Antigo closer to downtown...they don't list it on their website though...so I guess I was wrong about that one.
View Quote

If they did, it was prior to me living here (1991). They also own The Village Market grocery store in Manitowish Waters.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If they did, it was prior to me living here (1991).
View Quote

It would have been back when I was living on Post Lake or maybe back when I was working at Lincoln Hills living near Irma 79-89 ish...
Looked on google maps would have been between third and fourth Ave just off Superior (Hwy 45 N)

We usually stop in Wausau or Plover on the way up...but if we move up into Northern Forest or Florence probably stop
at Aldis...then go up through Crandon...
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#13]
the last of the spaten optimator, it's back to the Farm day.
Honey Bear still seems to be "The place to go" for fantastic food and Drink.
5:30pm on a Saturday late afternoon and almost Zero happenings in city limits.
Pizza , if your looking for Pizza your in luck.
I did spot a Gama-Goat on the side of the road outside of town in a back woods front yard.
That was cool.
Brought back a memory or two.
Hopefully the health panic ends and the social aspect of Business  picks back up.
The peace and tranquility of roaming the forest and boating,  remain the primary and are fantastic as usual.
??????
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's good, but if you're looking for the BEST Friday fish fry in the Eagle River area it's Nutty Squirrel, it's no contest. It used to be Bucktails as the best, but that was sold and turned into a strip club.

Pizza , if your looking for Pizza your in luck.

Again, no contest in Eagle River. It's Butch's, right downtown next to the Vilas Cinema. Bowling alley has a good one too, as does Club Denoyer, and Knockers over in St Germain. Best pizza in the Northwoods title goes to Spangs (in St. Germain), IMO.

I did spot a Gama-Goat on the side of the road outside of town in a back woods front yard.
That was cool.
Brought back a memory or two.

On H? That beast hasn't moved in probably 20 years. Where it sits, used to be a scrap yard.

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah we were pretty disappointed when we went over to Bucktails for fish fry last summer...never did make it in time..
Butch's for pizza for sure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Pick & Save has 'fuel points'. Last month we had a $1.10 discount per gallon, up to 20 gallons, at any BP station. That isn't chump change. Most we got in one month was last year around the holidays. We had $1.95 off per gallon. Gas was about $2.20 then... I filled up my van for about $3...
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pick & Save has 'fuel points'. Last month we had a $1.10 discount per gallon, up to 20 gallons, at any BP station. That isn't chump change. Most we got in one month was last year around the holidays. We had $1.95 off per gallon. Gas was about $2.20 then... I filled up my van for about $3...
View Quote
Good deal. When I lived in Ohio, Kroger had the fuel points arrangement with Turkey Hill gas stations. It adds up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top