Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2021 1:06:55 PM EDT
I'll be coming up I35 to Ames where my parents live.  Any construction or anything else like that to avoid?  Hopefully there will be no precip, I really hate travelling north of Waco this time of year.  I wouldn't be making the trip if my brother wasn't causing trouble for my parents again.  Hopefully he won't be out of jail again before I can get up there.  I need to do some work securing their property as best as can be done for the next time he violates the protective order.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If it makes you feel any better we had to stop on the interstate in Waco to let a drug deal/bum fight continue across the road on the way to San Antonio this year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it makes you feel any better we had to stop on the interstate in Waco to let a drug deal/bum fight continue across the road on the way to San Antonio this year.
View Quote

Construction through Waco has been bad the past couple years.  The reason I hate going north of there this time of year is that's about where the weather starts to change.  Often it will be rain up to Waco then turn to sleet and ice north of there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hope you have a good, safe trip. No construction on 35 from Des Moines up to Ames right now, not sure about southern Iowa.

Weather looks good for the weekend, so that's good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope you have a good, safe trip. No construction on 35 from Des Moines up to Ames right now, not sure about southern Iowa.

Weather looks good for the weekend, so that's good.
View Quote

Thanks.  Ames is really mostly full of bad memories for me anyway.  But this visit really isn't going to be any fun at all due to family drama, so good weather at least will be very welcome.  Also I will have to try to help console (probably requiring large amounts of alcohol) two of my friends from elementary through high school that lost their mother to Parkinson's just a few weeks ago.  All that really hits home when I think that my dad is 92 and my mom 80, so every time I see them could be the last.  I really wish I could get them to sell their house and move to some kind of assisted living or retirement community closer to me, but they are determined to stay in their home as long as they can.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top