Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2021 12:50:18 PM EDT
Hey guys with all the drama going on I really don't feel like gettting hassled just going to the range with my legally purchased fire arm.  Thing is I only have my 2 seater sports car so my case only fits directly behind my seats.  I bout a lock for the case.  Keep all ammo separate in the front trunk.

My 2 seater doesn't exactly blend in.  Would you through a blanket over the case?  Has anyone been hassled for going to the range in the instance they have been pulled over?  I'm not trying to hide anything since everything is legal but who knows in NYS.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this really depends on where you live. In some parts of the state esp during hunting season its not at all uncommon to see a rifle in the front seat of a truck. I wouldnt suggest the same approach if traveling through other areas of the state. A good friend tosses a blanket over the soft cases for his rifles when he comes to the range in his Porsche, seems to work fine for him.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think this really depends on where you live. In some parts of the state esp during hunting season its not at all uncommon to see a rifle in the front seat of a truck. I wouldnt suggest the same approach if traveling through other areas of the state. A good friend tosses a blanket over the soft cases for his rifles when he comes to the range in his Porsche, seems to work fine for him.
View Quote

Thanks man. That’s exactly what it is a Porsche with a hard case so I just throw it in the passenger seat. It just fits in the back behind me but it’s a pain in the balls and I don’t want to scratch up the car lol. I’m on LI and the range is only 15 mins away. I’ll have a new work car soon so it’s just for now then I can shoot out east out doors. Read something about a guy in westchester that got me questioning things
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be fine as long as any long guns are not loaded. Magazines can be loaded too, just not in the gun. Fixed mags can't be loaded though.

Handguns can be loaded obviously.

What do people do who don't have cars? Or just a motorcycle? They don't have trunks...so you'll be fine.

What did you read about some guy in Westchester? Story?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You'll be fine as long as any long guns are not loaded. Magazines can be loaded too, just not in the gun. Fixed mags can't be loaded though.

What do people do who don't have cars? Or just a motorcycle? They don't have trunks...so you'll be fine.

View Quote

Cool thanks man. I didn’t think so. It was late and I don’t think it was on here but I remember he had to go to court for a fixed magazine and even something about having a speed loader. Some other guy was talking about having a hatch back and 2 locks on the case ammo in a locked box separate. So I’m all damn I better double check on here. I rather be safe than sorry. I even made a ‘homemade barrel flag’ (weed wacker string tied in a knot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when I lived in NY ( so happy to be out of that hell hole)
I didn’t lock anything. Toss unloaded gun in trunk range bag full of loaded mags next to it.
AFAIK there is NO mandate to have guns in locked cases outside of the anus that. NYC
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

check the law on loaded rifle mags , i believe thats a no no . even outside of the gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top