Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2021 11:00:15 AM EDT
Will be spending a few days in York for business. What do I need to know about York?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Typical inner city you will want to stay out of.  The area of route 30 and I83 you will find plenty of restaurant and hotels. Harley assembly plant is nearby. Also I think York barbell has a place to visit.  There are alot of small towns to visit. Travel a little further east into Lancaster pa area for your fill of Amish and shoofly pie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds delightful.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
31 miles to Gettysburg Pa. Plenty of be history to check out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
31 miles to Gettysburg Pa. Plenty of be history to check out.
View Quote

Wow! I would love that. Will have to see if I have time left over when the job is done.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If you like to fish , especially fly fishing, Yellow Breeches at Boiling Springs is a good stream.  There is a playhouse and old dam there.   Some big trout in there
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I do indeed like to fish. However, I will be working 16 hours a day. Work, eat fast-food, crash at hotel, repeat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
They just repaved a stretch of Southbound  I83.
Ground up the former top layer and made a smoother road than I'm used to.
PennDoT can indeed do good work when they want to.

Route 30 just above York proper is very nearly a Mall World..  One shopping center after another.

Round-The-Clock Diner is a Highly decent place to eat nearly any meal.

There are At Least two places where you can buy fireworks around York.

Finished and want to rent a machine gun for a while  Freedom Armory, just off I83 to the south.  They also build and sell their own suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Round-The-Clock Diner is a Highly decent place to eat nearly any meal.
View Quote

Excellent. It looks like there is one a stones throw (maybe a slingshot) from where I will be staying. It should break the pizza delivery monotony.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Excellent. It looks like there is one a stones throw (maybe a slingshot) from where I will be staying. It should break the pizza delivery monotony.
View Quote
There are two of them.

Guessing you'll be staying with hotel that almost shares a parking lot with Round-The-Clock
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guessing you'll be staying with hotel that almost shares a parking lot with Round-The-Clock
View Quote

Other side of 30. Not finalized yet, but Tru was recommended to me.

ETA: Ok, it would have to be a really strong slingshot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Since we're talking about 30, check out Mission BBQ for dinner. Awesome food if a bit pricy. I'd recommend the brisket, the pulled pork and their Memphis Belle sauce.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't tried Cheddars Scratch Kitchen yet.
Sheetz has decent coffee.  You're going to really need to pump the dispensers to get a teaspoon of sugar/sweetener, though.
And Round-The-Clock is still your best bet for a decent but not extravagant meal.

The General Area we're talking about:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
York is... interesting.

Had Round-the-Clock for supper twice and Cheddars once. The rest of the time it was Domino's or just some almonds and water.

No time for Gettysburg.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I hope York didnt put a sour PA taste in your mouth
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Not entirely. The reality is that I didn't see much of York. WalMart twice. Home Depot twice. Lowes once.

Long hours and then back to the hotel to cry myself to sleep while pondering the poor life choices that got me to where I am.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah, the gunfire was a nice touch. 17 rounds by my count.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Only 17 rounds huh must have been a church night.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#18]
It was. Sunday night before Labor Day to be exact.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
A few years ago I was part of a Crew that moved an offices PC's and such from one part of Downtown York to another part of Downtown York.  New location was in West Philadelphia Street if anybody wants to know.
Only 5 blocks, moving everything was still hectic.

Day 1: Disconnect and pack everything that didn't have a tag of some sort.
Day 2: Move everything from the truck(s) to the 3rd floor and connect the Right PC to the Correct Office/cubicle.

Day 2 ended was well after dark.  When I left I heard in the distance some bangs that were NOT from firecrackers.  I didn't count, but there were at least 3 bangs.

Day 3: Come in an hour before the Office Officially opens and be ready for any and all problems that comes up.
There were several to be expected: Some wire connections were very loose and Users were told to be careful.

I'm always going to remember the one Gent that had problems with his monitor.  My turn.  I went to the office.  User showed me what he did.  I gave him a dirty look. That's where the monitors ON/OFF button is.  Sheepish look on Users face.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got my PA Turnpike bill.

$107.20

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top