Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2020 9:38:08 AM EDT
Will be in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach again in a couple weeks. Anyone in the Foley or Robertsdale area that can comment on mask and seating policies for restuarants at this time? It'll be me and my wife with our 5 kids. Some restaurants here in IN won't seat a family of 7 together. Only 5 or 6 max to a table. If I need to fix most meals in the condo because of this crap then I'd like to know ahead of time so I can bring some stuff in a cooler as opposed to having to buy it there. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not in that area but mask usage is very hit or miss in Bama.  I never wear one.  Restaurants are hit or miss on whether you can dine in or carry out.  You really need to call the specific places you want to eat at to see if they're allowing dine in.  You're going to a heavy tourist area so if they do the wait times could be insane for dine in.

The state has a mask mandate but it's nearly unenforceable.   A few small areas have their own enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m in Robertsdale and don’t wear a mask any where I go. Me and the family(wife and 2 kids) haven’t been turned away from any restaurants (Daphne, Spanish Fort, Robertsdale, Foley). The most that has been said to me was a lady at Lowe’s offered me a mask. I politely said thanks but no thanks.

Haven’t been to the beach during tourist season, too damn many folks down there so I can’t say for sure how their restaurants handle diners but I remember reading in the paper the mayor of Gulf Shores basically said the restaurants and stores only have 100 days to make their money and they wouldn’t be turning away any customers mask or no mask. I would assume that’s still the case. Wait times are longer since the capacity has been cut down but since it’s past Labor Day things might not be too bad.

I’ve noticed it’s not uncommon if I go to Home Depot or Lowe’s to see half of the customers not wearing masks. I think folks that can think for themselves realize it’s a bullshit order that’s not enforced.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in perdido key & visited the Florabama a few months ago. Very few if anyone wore masks. YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top