Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2020 10:32:15 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm traveling to Muskogee next week, I'll be staying off Military Blvd. I'm only there for two nights, but I was just wondering what the area is like, relatively safe? Are restaurants open for dine in, any recommendations? Masks required everywhere? I've never been to OK before. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Muskogee is mostly low income which equals high crime.  I've been there a few times but not for awhile.  It's fair to guess it's gotten worse.  Are you in danger there?  Probably not as long as you avoid the sketchiest areas.  You're only there two days so I would suspect you're good to go.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I'm traveling to Muskogee next week, I'll be staying off Military Blvd. I'm only there for two nights, but I was just wondering what the area is like, relatively safe? Are restaurants open for dine in, any recommendations? Masks required everywhere? I've never been to OK before. Thanks
View Quote

@GAjustin
I live in Tulsa but have friends in Muskogee I'll try to answer any questions you have.Never had any problem with
crime there.There is a mask requirement but I'm not sure if they enforce it.Last I heard restaurants were open
for dine in.If you like bbq try Runts bbq it's off of highway 69 on Okmulgee street.If you like Italian go to Geno's
on Shawnee Bypass.Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the replies
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
you have limitations... in Muskogee.

Runts is good to go.
don't know about Geno's.

not alot to do or see.

the Batfish was pretty cool when it was museum quality. since the floods, its beat up.

you should be fine as long as you stay away from anything or anyone who looks shady.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top