Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2020 11:35:26 PM EDT
Good evening.

We’ve got an Ill family member in Orange Co, CA.   I drive a 2017 GMC 3500 Denali diesel.  It has no ‘clean idle’ stickers and the windows are pitch black.  It has an 100g aux tank but stock emissions.   It’s an oilfield truck with tools and window stickers.  

We plan on coming with an RV, family we are visiting will check on the CCR’s on this.  What issues may we run into legally?

Any advice, thank you.   Truck is NM plated with no front plates, ranch hand front and rear number replacements.

Thank you again.

Reno.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't say about the diesel issues.  I would be concerned about too heavily tinted windows.  I don't aftermarket tint my cars so haven't checked on just what the laws are.  Can't hurt to call the CHP on the vehicle and bumper? questions.  You'd need local information on parking restrictions.  There's still oil industry in SoCal so the truck may not be too out of place, at least in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Heck there are still quite a few wells in Orange County.  Having out of state tags California emissions won't apply.  Window tint I don't know, but I suspect most cops would just give you a pass as you are from out of state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as the plating is legal where it is plated, it should have no problems.  If the tint isn't legal there, it won't be legal here and you may get a fix-it ticket.  Drive safely and don't do things to stand out.  Most LEOs have better things to do these days.

And you lost your chance to get rich smuggling in ammunition.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as the plating is legal where it is plated, it should have no problems.  If the tint isn't legal there, it won't be legal here and you may get a fix-it ticket.  Drive safely and don't do things to stand out.  Most LEOs have better things to do these days.

And you lost your chance to get rich smuggling in ammunition.
View Quote

Well damnit!

Thanks all for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top