Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2021 8:05:46 PM EDT
Are they allowing non natives to travel through the res, or is it still shut down due to Covid?

If going from Flagstaff to Albuquerque you have to cut through it, is travel still restricted?
I have no idea if they can shut down 40 through there, but I want to be sure before getting turned away.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you can travel through, just not stop within. San Carlos res just had small guard stations at each turn off when I was there last.

Not sure about up north though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Durango and just travelled through the 4 corners area.

Stopped for gas and hit a Burger King in Kayente.

No issues.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to Page the first weekend in April. Had no trouble anywhere on the res. The Burger King in Cameron was only using the drive-thru, even for walk up customers, but everywhere else was good to go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have several friends on several reservations.  I have been on/off the rez without any problems for the last year.  FYI, I, and the wife are blonde haired, blue-eyed 'gringos'.  Haven't had a problem at all.

Sometimes, it's good to know the 'right' people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I appreciate the info!
A lot!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am in Durango and just travelled through the 4 corners area.

Stopped for gas and hit a Burger King in Kayente.

No issues.
View Quote

That's a cool BK. Did you go inside?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a cool BK. Did you go inside?
View Quote

No, should I?

What’s inside?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No, should I?

What’s inside?
View Quote

High cholesterol
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

High cholesterol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, should I?

What’s inside?

High cholesterol

Lol

A lot of info/tribute to the Navajo Code Talkers
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol

View Quote

This, it's like a museum inside a Burger King. Looked at it a lot when I was working up there a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol

View Quote

I did not know that, next time I’ll go inside.  That would be very interesting to me.

Returning, we decided to drop down and go through Gallup.  We hit some wind and lots of rain.

I didn’t realize Highway 666 to/from Shiprock was renumbered.  Interesting history.

Gallup is hopping.  If you ever get a chance, stop in at El Rancho downtown Gallup.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I did not know that, next time I’ll go inside.  That would be very interesting to me.

Returning, we decided to drop down and go through Gallup.  We hit some wind and lots of rain.

I didn’t realize Highway 666 to/from Shiprock was renumbered.  Interesting history.

Gallup is hopping.  If you ever get a chance, stop in at El Rancho downtown Gallup.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

I haven't been through Gallup in forever, but I'll keep that in mind!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopping?  More like staggering, after drinking too much GD.
El Rancho has some decent food.  The history in that place makes it worth the stop to eat, shop and take a few photos.

You can still smell The Duke's cigarette smoke.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are they allowing non natives to travel through the res, or is it still shut down due to Covid?
View Quote

I just drove through on the 89 & 160.  Nobody "allowed" me to do anything.  I'm sure as hell not gonna stop and give those anti-2A Mask Maniacs my money, but they sure as hell are not going to stop me from driving on state roads.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I go through there quite often, and stop in Kayente and in Monument Valley at Goulding's store.  The entire place has you mas up, but stores are open.  Monument Valley was still closed a few weeks ago so you cant rive through the actual dirt roads, but the hiways are all open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top