Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/2/2022 9:14:12 AM EDT
Hello Hawkeyes,

My sister lives near Cedar Rapids and is a relatively new shooter.

I'm looking for a reputable trainer/training group in the area that I can gift her with some lessons for Christmas.

Preferably, they have an online store that I can buy a gift certificate for her, and she can then select the class that best fits her schedule.

Any suggestions?

(Go Badgers!)
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, do you have any personal experience with their instruction?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, do you have any personal experience with their instruction?
View Quote

I do not personally.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Im in Cedar Rapids.  Midwest has a nice indoor range so if she is wanting to do classes over the winter that would be first choice.  

I know some of the instructors from Cedar Valley and they are good also but do most if not all of their instruction outdoors.  

I teach classes but our range and shop is an hour and a half north of CR.

Id say start with Midwest for the winter months if she likes it she can take other classes outdoors in the spring.  

John
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im in Cedar Rapids.  Midwest has a nice indoor range so if she is wanting to do classes over the winter that would be first choice.  

I know some of the instructors from Cedar Valley and they are good also but do most if not all of their instruction outdoors.  

I teach classes but our range and shop is an hour and a half north of CR.

Id say start with Midwest for the winter months if she likes it she can take other classes outdoors in the spring.  

John
View Quote

what range and shop do you teach out of? what type of classes?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You could also check with the Linn County Ikes organization.

Linn County, Iowa, Ikes
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a private range in elkader Iowa. I cant post about my classes on here as im not a paying member but if you want feel free to email me [email protected]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top