Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2021 10:42:34 AM EDT
I live in the suburbs outside of Chicago and have a bunch of good 10MM ammo I'm looking to trade for 45, 9mm, etc.

First, is it even legal under Illinois law to do this?

Second, are there any local bulletin boards I could post to make this happen?  I don't want to ship it which is why I'm looking for a local trade.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
IANAL

You want to give someone a legal product. No money exchanged.

Why is this even a question? Have we been so intimidated as a culture that we want to check before we give someone a legal product?!? (Not directed at OP)

@OP - I can't help with your request, but I fully support it.

??
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
IL Carry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IL Carry.
View Quote

Yes, private sales are legal...(for now...keep after your representatives on FOID bills in the ILGA) but I digress.

I would verify valid FOID  card.

Check the gear section of IL Carry as Marie suggested.   Or you could do EE on Arfcom, but IC is probably easier

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as both of you have a valid FOID it’s legal just handle it like any other ammo transaction, especially if you’re shipping ammo to each other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top