Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2021 2:48:07 PM EDT
Does anyone have a connection? I'm looking to buy a new one and it's crazy out there. Low inventory and people are tripping over themselves to pay 3-5k over msrp.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I work at a Toyota store. What are you trying to buy??

I can put you in touch with a salesperson, one I would buy from, but I can't guarantee you a deal right now. Things are pretty crazy in the new car world right now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking for a new trd 4runner. Apparently this is the worst time in history lol. When I looked last March everyone was 8-9% off msrp without even asking. Procrastinating bit me this time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if we have any 4Runners, I'm on the service side, but I'd be glad to check for you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind thanks. I never thought paying msrp for a vehicle could be considered a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Hold off until things get back to normal or you will pay too much . The Chinese chip shortage has caused serious production problems for the new car manufactures .And has caused a massive shortage of used cars for sale ,and used car prices to soar . Bottom line is hold off until things straighten out  .New and used  Dealers cant get inventory , and have to get higher mark ups/prices to survive . The Chinese have a choke hold on the supply of almost all the things we need ,and unless we source our products elsewhere this shit will continue .
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't mind thanks. I never thought paying msrp for a vehicle could be considered a good deal.
View Quote

I'll PM you some info in a little while and let you know what I find.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking for a new trd 4runner. Apparently this is the worst time in history lol. When I looked last March everyone was 8-9% off msrp without even asking. Procrastinating bit me this time.
View Quote

Sierra Toyota in Sierra Vista currently have three.

4Runner TRD Off-road

I do not have a connection to this dealer other than I have purchased four Toyotas from them over the years.

Let me know if you want a sales person recommendation.

These vehicles will probably sell by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Earnhardt has a few, it’s where I got my Tacoma.
I have to say, they’ve had the best service department I’ve had to deal with, and I’ve bought new from pretty much every manufacturer since the 70s.

4Runners
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Earnhardt has a few, it’s where I got my Tacoma.
I have to say, they’ve had the best service department I’ve had to deal with, and I’ve bought new from pretty much every manufacturer since the 70s.

4Runners
View Quote

All you get is call for price, that means they are afraid to post the price because they are OVERPRICED.  If you buy now you will over pay. Add to that in July or August the 22's will be out .Supply and demand set the price ,so wait or over pay.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
So you probably know this but  if you are looking now and know they are rare and going for over msrp any "connections" aren't going to matter.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So you probably know this but  if you are looking now and know they are rare and going for over msrp any "connections" aren't going to matter.
View Quote

Not true. I PM'd the OP yesterday, about a 4Runner that he can reserve with zero mark up. Brand new, 2021, TRD Pro 4Runner.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not true. I PM'd the OP yesterday, about a 4Runner that he can reserve with zero mark up. Brand new, 2021, TRD Pro 4Runner.
View Quote

Good for you, looking out for members.

Would be curious what the op ends up otd, sorry nothing personal, but car dealers are out to make money, and I have my doubt's on letting a crisis going to waste.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good for you, looking out for members.

Would be curious what the op ends up otd, sorry nothing personal, but car dealers are out to make money, and I have my doubt's on letting a crisis going to waste.
View Quote

Our store sets sales records every month. Almost exclusively on used cars. That's where the huge mark up lies, not on the new side. The manager I spoke to said there was no markup on the 4Runner OP was looking for, and the only one that got marked up over MSRP was the Off-Road Pro, or whatever the top 4Runner is now. I'll help anybody get a car, I hate salespeople as much as the next guy. But, I would never even recommend our store if I didn't know for a fact, whomever I sent there wasn't getting ripped off.

If you want a deal, I'll try to help you. If not, go in blind at some other store and roll the dice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Our store sets sales records every month. Almost exclusively on used cars. That's where the huge mark up lies, not on the new side. The manager I spoke to said there was no markup on the 4Runner OP was looking for, and the only one that got marked up over MSRP was the Off-Road Pro, or whatever the top 4Runner is now. I'll help anybody get a car, I hate salespeople as much as the next guy. But, I would never even recommend our store if I didn't know for a fact, whomever I sent there wasn't getting ripped off.

If you want a deal, I'll try to help you. If not, go in blind at some other store and roll the dice.
View Quote

Appreciate it, but I'll likely never shop for a new car in person, you are at a huge disadvantage in setting foot in a dealership to purchase a vehicle. The only time I'll be at the dealer would be to find the specific combination I want to purchase and to drop off a check to purchase the vehicle.

Last few times I've purchased a car new (Lexus, Toyota, Volkswagen) I sent emails out to about 20 internet car managers with exactly the vehicle we wanted. It was considerably more "fun" getting the dealers competing against each other, and ended up with the lowest price on the new vehicle we wanted within 200 miles (what I was willing to travel for the deal).

Shopping in person at a single dealer is a bit foolish when you have some time/technology, understand the monthly quota system and potential dealer hold backs. Monthly quota's can be huge for dealers and just because your father's brother's nephew's cousin's roommate got a great deal at a dealership doesn't mean that same dealership is close to their monthly quota for you. Smoking the dealers out that are close to their monthly quota is next to impossible doing it in person, while handling 20 or more dealerships from the comfort of your own home or office will show some significant outliers.

However, in this time of huge demand versus supply the real issue as pointed out above is likely going to be inventory. That or you might have just found the dealership willing to lose a few bucks on the individual sale to get to that monthly quota. In the end fundamentals don't really matter if you NEED a vehicle now.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't know if we have any 4Runners, I'm on the service side, but I'd be glad to check for you.
View Quote

I have a service related question for you, if you don’t mind.

I’ll ask in a PM.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:34:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Elvis @ Larry Miller Toyota found my specific request for a Tacoma in 2015. Transported from Sierra Vista with a reasonable price. He'll be the first person I call when I want a new one.

Edit: in law was looking to trade his 3/4 ton for a 1/2 ton last week. They wouldn't even give him an offer till they knew what their allotment is this week. Domestic truck dealership. Things are bonkers right now
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have a service related question for you, if you don’t mind.

I’ll ask in a PM.
View Quote

Send it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#18]
@Forgetfull

Do you still want to buy a 4runner, or no?? I PM'd you, no response. No response to this thread, either.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I should sell my TRD PRO right now for more than I paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I should sell my TRD PRO right now for more than I paid for it.
View Quote

I'd almost guarantee you could!! We sell used Taco's for more than new ones when we can certify 'em thru Toyota.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You guys hearing any rumors about the next gen tundra?  Might trade my 2020 tundra limited when they new ones come out if there are significant improvements.  Really missing cooled seats.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd almost guarantee you could!! We sell used Taco's for more than new ones when we can certify 'em thru Toyota.
View Quote
I just got a quote from carvana for my 2017 1794 and they will pay me almost as much as I paid for it 2 years ago.  

Problem is what I want to replace it with is priced just as stupid high.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You guys hearing any rumors about the next gen tundra?  Might trade my 2020 tundra limited when they new ones come out if there are significant improvements.  Really missing cooled seats.
View Quote

The guy I go to for deals, just bought one of the last 21's, because he didn't want the new one when it came out. He said something about a turbo 6 cylinder, but I have not seen anything official yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks guys been a crazy weekend away from the net.
After navigating the madness of this market I ended up picking one up for msrp plus 500$ for tint (ouch). We were really picky on color/trim/options so it was a little struggle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks guys been a crazy weekend away from the net.
After navigating the madness of this market I ended up picking one up for msrp plus 500$ for tint (ouch). We were really picky on color/trim/options so it was a little struggle.
View Quote

So details? I bought a 21' TRD ORP in Jan. My second from Earnhardt Toyota and they have been awesome.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully the market doesn't suck in October when I planned on getting a new Tacoma or 4runner. I'm sure it will though. Chip shortage is suppose to last until 2022 at the earliest.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hopefully the market doesn't suck in October when I planned on getting a new Tacoma or 4runner. I'm sure it will though. Chip shortage is suppose to last until 2022 at the earliest.
View Quote

I believe we have ~60 new cars on the lot, right now. Should be close to 400 or so. I'm hoping things pick up by October, as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn shortage sucks. Wife and I are looking to pick up a Tundra at some point for hauling the horses/horse trailer. It's a pain to find anything that can pull more than 10K right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damn shortage sucks. Wife and I are looking to pick up a Tundra at some point for hauling the horses/horse trailer. It's a pain to find anything that can pull more than 10K right now.
View Quote

We have a few Tundra's. Not many, but there are a couple new ones on the lot if you're ready to buy one now??
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump. Future wife is looking for 2021 4Runner TRD PRO. If anyone knows a good saleman or Toyota dealer lemme know please.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bump. Future wife is looking for 2021 4Runner TRD PRO. If anyone knows a good saleman or Toyota dealer lemme know please.
View Quote

I can hook you up with a guy, or gal, if that's what you prefer. I'm not sure what the 4Runner stock is like, but you can still order one if we don't have it on the lot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Interesting this topic comes up - my best friend was just talking about buying a Toyota soon. Be cool to help support a business that employs an Arfcommer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can hook you up with a guy, or gal, if that's what you prefer. I'm not sure what the 4Runner stock is like, but you can still order one if we don't have it on the lot.
View Quote

Yes please let me know!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes please let me know!
View Quote

Message sent!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Message sent!!
View Quote

I don’t think it went through. Not seeing it on me end.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don’t think it went through. Not seeing it on me end.
View Quote

It showed delivered. Let me try again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It showed delivered. Let me try again.
View Quote

I’m still not seeing it. Can you try email instead please Sir?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’m still not seeing it. Can you try email instead please Sir?
View Quote

Email sent.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I have been looking to pick up a new taco, any hint on if the market on them is going to calm down anytime soon?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have been looking to pick up a new taco, any hint on if the market on them is going to calm down anytime soon?
View Quote

Probably not. We have a few used ones, and I don't know if we have any new ones on the lot. If you want one, get on the list now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#41]
find it hard to believe 4runners are going for so much, looked for a buddy a few months ago and it was the one Toyota truck on the lot in large numbers...

I see RAMs with decent prices online posted by dealers.  I guarantee the majority of all this is media driven hype.  Tempe Toyota has over 100 4runners and Tacomas in stock, sounds like a real shortage.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#42]
I would like any info.on Tundra pricing.  Are they selling for over MSRP?
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I see RAMs with decent prices online posted by dealers.  I guarantee the majority of all this is media driven hype.  Tempe Toyota has over 100 4runners and Tacomas in stock, sounds like a real shortage.
View Quote

Actually, I was looking to buy recently and they along with most all Toyota dealers have next to no 4Runners in stock.  Those listed are all units on order and in transit. All are  sold long before they hit the ground as they're already spoken for.  You have to get in line and get an order in place and wait. That and play the game of how much they'll screw you over MSRP for their profitable "extras" or "market adjustments" BS.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would like any info.on Tundra pricing.  Are they selling for over MSRP?
View Quote

As of right now, if you want a 2021, we're not charging over MSRP. When the 22's hit the lot, depending on demand, they might get priced over MSRP.

It's early, don't know if that was too many commas or not.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been considering a Tundra for a little better camper towing rig but can't seem to give up the offroad'ability of my Tacoma.
Tundra's are crazy high and I can't swing both.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
find it hard to believe 4runners are going for so much, looked for a buddy a few months ago and it was the one Toyota truck on the lot in large numbers...

View Quote

Not really.  As someone who spent the last month trying to get a Tacoma it is anything but hype. I have went to several dealerships around the valley. Twice I went to Big Two, neither time they had a single 4runner on the lot. Only one of those times did they have a Tacoma on their lot. The lot is probably at 10% capacity and it's all used Fords and Dodges. Only a handful of Toyotas. The Tacomas and 4runners are coming right of the truck, into detailing and out the door. The chip shortage is a very real thing. Try and find a GPU from anywhere but a scalper. Now think of how many processors are in a modern vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#47]
All these threads sure make me happy I was lucky enough to get mine before all the madness started!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As of right now, if you want a 2021, we're not charging over MSRP. When the 22's hit the lot, depending on demand, they might get priced over MSRP.

It's early, don't know if that was too many commas or not.
View Quote

Do you guys have any new 4runners on the lot or any inbound that are not spoken for?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do you guys have any new 4runners on the lot or any inbound that are not spoken for?
View Quote

I think we got a few in today, or yesterday. I know I saw a blue one waiting to be PDI'd.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Which dealership do you work for?

I'm looking to sell my Tacoma with a few mods and get into a Tundra.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top