Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2018 11:27:27 AM EDT
We took our Tundra into ANC for it's 30K checkup...WOW$$$$$  Asked them about the 60K service and it was beyond sticker shock.  "Almost" as cheap to drive it to the lower 48 for service.

Where do you Toyota folks take your rigs for affordable maintance during the warranty period in the valley?

I'll be polishing up the tools to work on our older rigs myself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother in law works at a shop in Anchorage amd is setting up a home shop i usually ask him for help on my rigs.

I have heard some horror stories about the toyota dealership service dept wait times.  They also tried to get a buddies wife to change the timing belt on her vehicle, the issue... her rig had a timing chain that didnt have anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If the Toyota service department in Anchorage is anything like the one in Fairbanks it sucks ass.  Cant put it any plainer than that.  I've purchased three vehicles from the dealership and had good experiences but the service department has been a huge disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Toyota has been hit or miss. I’ve been going to them for about 10 years. Some really good experiences, some not but they have been few.
I used to take my Volkswagen over to Arctic Import and Repair off International Airport Rd. They’ve been good in the past and I may take my Toyota there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top