Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2021 2:36:40 PM EDT
Wife, pooch and I took FR300 from north end to Rim Lakes. Needed to get out of the house for a bit

Love all the ferns.
Attachment Attached File

Found a Sasquatch house.
Attachment Attached File

When we stopped for lunch it started raining for about 30 minutes so we ate then took a little hike. On the way back our scout led the way. He will follow the exact backtrail every time. He's a good boy.
Attachment Attached File

More rain on the way.
Attachment Attached File

Not just rain but hail. Got down to a nice 64 degrees. Nice to get out of the heat for a few hours.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Took my mom and dad’s wiener dog on a long hike once. Had to carry him back! Poor little guy was too tired from climbing and jumping.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah our little guy isn't to big on leaving camp for long either. After about a half mile he's like a kid, "How much farther? I wanna go back. The treats are back there. I have to go poop."

We're hoping he gets more used to it if we take him out on short little day trips.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL

I went on several hunts with my German landlord.  His Dachshunds ran our asses off.

Sounds like someone needs to give their little pooch a bit more exercise and fewer Milk Bones.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL

I went on several hunts with my German landlord.  His Dachshunds ran our asses off.

Sounds like someone needs to give their little pooch a bit more exercise and fewer Milk Bones.
View Quote

Not like he cant walk me into the ground. He just doesn't like getting far from what he knows.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Wiener dog power!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#6]
awesome!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Great country up there for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Last time I was up there it was raining on the drive up, they it was like "is that snow on my windshield?"
Set up my tent in a foot of snow.
I always wanted to camp right on the edge but everyone else was like "No, Cody will get drunk and fall off".
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a fun trip.

Next time you are up there check out the train tunnel to nowhere and the old cabin
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like a fun trip.

Next time you are up there check out the train tunnel to nowhere and the old cabin
View Quote

Where's the tunnel? Sounds fun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where's the tunnel? Sounds fun.
View Quote

The hike down is a bit steep but it is right off FR 300 and cool to see
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/abandoned-railroad-tunnel-mineral-belt

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Have to add that to the list.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice pictures! It's beautiful up there and I love camping up there and have even done it a couple of times in the snow.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful up there.

Thread quickly devolved into a crap show. I had a pet giraffe once that could cross the state in 3 strides though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top