Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2021 9:23:03 PM EDT
At about 6pm the rains let up, figured the hogs would be out and about. Grabbed my G40 10mm and one of my Aero M5 builds, this one with a TA11E ACOG.

I checked a field I figured they would be in... and they were... had to slowly stalk using the terrain and trees as cover. I got within 20 yards of this nice boar. Hit him good, he did the two circle dance and ran into the tall grass. The grass stopped moving so I knew he was down.

To my surprise, the other two never lifted their heads when I shot. I managed to close to with 20 yards of one and hit her good... she ran off over the rise but didn't go far. I walked up on her and finished her off.

Made my way back to the truck and check a field across the street and saw a pack of about fifteen several hundred yards out running from right to left towards a tree line that separates two fields. I figured they would go to the other field and perhaps hold up.

I drove to the tree line where I could see into the adjoining field and saw a pack about 200 yards out... I don't think this was the same group. I parked and used the terrain and tree clumps to mask my movement and got to within 150 yards. Shot this one and the pack ran from left to right.

The pack stopped next to a Live Oak head vs. heading into the swamp... big mistake. I shot this sow at about the same distance.

With four hogs down., two pistol kills and two rifle kills, I called it a successful hunt and headed to the house.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn! You been laying the bacon down!

How many freezers you have full now?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

To my surprise, the other two never lifted their heads when I shot.

View Quote

Nice going!

Seems to me they are fairly unpredictable. I've been able to drive within 10 yards at night with a white light, other times I can't get within 50 yards with NV.
Sometimes on the first shot they beeline for the closest trees, sometimes they hardly move at all.
One night there was a sounder of 15 eating at the feeder in the back yard. I shot 3 of them before they ran off and, since it was late, left them lay till the next morning. The trail cam showed the rest were back an hour later eating around the dead ones.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Kudos for your productive work in helping restrain the swine flu!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top