Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2020 8:51:07 PM EDT
I got the call around 2pm from my brother who said our close friend died. at this time we dont know what  the cause was. Tomorrow they're going to do an Autopsy and hopefully we'll know more then. As of now, this is all i know.  Tuesday he was complaining of chest pains, so his wife and he went to the er where they diagnosed him with a lung viral infection.  they gave him instructions to take motrin and sent him home (granted this is all i was told so idk what else if anything he may have been on) all day yesterday he was fine, he and his wife were shopping most of the day and grocery etc.  No issues.  this morning she woke up, and went to turn the den tv on as is their normal routine and she noticed him there on the couch, she went over to him and he was already gone. He was in his early 40's Im thinking right at my age of 44 or around there.

He may not have posted much on here, but i know he lurked a ton. He was a great friend, and will be missed dearly.  Rest in peace brother. Your watch has ended.
:(
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss, life is precious and unpredictable.

We never know when our time is up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys.  My brother Coolbreeze and i are still pretty messed up over this.  I havent heard yet the results of the autopsy but i will call his wife tomorrow to see whats up and to make sure she doesnt need anything.  I hate that this has happened. its like a bad dream.  Life is so fragile.  I having cancer would have thought i'd of gone well before he did.  i just cannot believe it.

never take any days for granted, and always be sure to tell your frinds and family members how you truly feel about them.

ETA, i was a little wrong on his age. he was 45, having just turned it last month.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It is amazing how being sick can make you consider you own mortality. (I have been sick and am aware that I may not live a long life, but I have never been as seriously sick as you GCO)

The truth is that no one has any guarantee on their longevity.  Life is precious, but our bodies are frail. The strong can easily go before the weak in the blink of an eye.

Sorry to hear about your friend, and good of you to be there when you are needed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Very sorry to hear and for your loss.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is amazing how being sick can make you consider you own mortality. (I have been sick and am aware that I may not live a long life, but I have never been as seriously sick as you GCO)

The truth is that no one has any guarantee on their longevity.  Life is precious, but our bodies are frail. The strong can easily go before the weak in the blink of an eye.

Sorry to hear about your friend, and good of you to be there when you are needed.
View Quote
Thank you lizARdman15.  You are so right about how it makes you consider your own mortality. Its quite sad how you start to realize that your life has a finite number of days, and when i was diagnosed with cancer, it was like there was a cap put on those days.  i knew no one lived forever, but it was like all of a sudden it became much more real, that my days will be shorter than i had thought, and they will be shorter most likely than my spouse or many of my friends and family.  It makes you reflect a lot upon your life, and things you want to do and people you want to be around and express your love for.  All life, is a blink of an eye. that is so true.

As for Andrew, we went to his Mass, his inurnment, and his reception on Wednesday the 5th.  it was  a very hard day for us.  I asked Andrew's girlfriend of 22 years if we had heard the results of the Autopsy, and she said yes.  Andrew had an undiagnosed heart issue.  something with one of his valves was wrong.  This led to a heart attack in his sleep. they think it was quick and that he went without pain while sleeping. So thankful for small blessings, at least it wasn't painful for him.  May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
as a help to his widow, im going through his collection and selling his guns, kits, etc.. anyone whos into AK building may wanna get in touch with me, as i have 7 or so ak kits i just put up on armslist. he had a bunch of mil surps i havent listed up yet either.  theres a lot of stuff that is a bit overwhelming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top