Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2020 8:38:05 AM EDT
As mentioned in other threads, today is a key day in Washington's legislative process.  Bills that have not been voted on in their house of origin, by 1700 hours, are technically "dead" for the session.

One caveat:  There are some technicalities where a "dead" bill could get pulled to the floor after today, however it would take significant effort on the part of our legislators.

Today, let us all continue to keep the pressure up on the House Dems regarding SHB 2240 (Mag capacity limit).

The pressure is working!!  Keep it up for one more day!!

Many of you already have your email lists RTG, but for those that want a quick and easy way to send a message, you can do so here

After today, the next big cut off is 28 February.  This is the cut off for bills that passed in their chamber of origin (Senate bills that passed the Senate, House bills that passed the House) to be read into and out of committee and placed on the calendar of the receiving chamber.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Will do.
Shared on social media.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep on it...today as much as ever.  See today across the finish line.

Boss
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Done.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Done - yet again!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Did.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Emailed again
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Status check
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My reply:

This is an ineffective & meaningless bill that does not address the causality of the crimes involving firearms use, which is well understood to overwhelmingly involve handguns, & this bill (among others) simply criminalizes legal gun owners who do not, & never will, present a problem/threat to their fellow citizens.

I am truly weary of the government in Olympia setting it sights on me, even while I have never been so much as even a blip on the crime radar.  It is very unsettling to know that the criminal element, which receives the lion's share of attention from this legislature, sets the legal standard while, ironically, the responsible element shoulders the lion's share of the consequential legal & fiscal burden for the conduct of the former.

Thanks for your time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My reply:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My reply:

This is an ineffective & meaningless bill that does not address the causality of the crimes involving firearms use, which is well understood to overwhelmingly involve handguns, & this bill (among others) simply criminalizes legal gun owners who do not, & never will, present a problem/threat to their fellow citizens.

I am truly weary of the government in Olympia setting it sights on me, even while I have never been so much as even a blip on the crime radar.  It is very unsettling to know that the criminal element, which receives the lion's share of attention from this legislature, sets the legal standard while, ironically, the responsible element shoulders the lion's share of the consequential legal & fiscal burden for the conduct of the former.

Thanks for your time.
Perfect, M_B. I stole the this for one of my own messages.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My reply:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
My reply:

Thanks for your time.
Perfect, M_B. I stole the this for one if my own messages.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Can the speaker move to go past 1700 if they wish to do so?

ETA:  The Pacific razor clam will be the state clam!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Just want to chime in and say, I’ve been emailing daily and forwarding links to all my friends to do the same.  If we let these rights slip away, we’ll likely never get them back - take action now!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The House has officially adjourned EARLY!!!

SHB 2240 did not receive a floor vote today thus it is essentially dead.

We have a few bills we will need to fight in the Senate, but overall Washington gun owners have fared pretty well so far.

YOU ALL DESERVE CREDIT FOR STAYING ENGAGED AND ACTIVE THIS SESSION!!!!

A HUGE "THANK YOU!!!!"
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]

THE HOUSE IS ADJOURNED UNTIL 11:00 AM THURSDAY FEBRUARY 20, 2020 THE THIRTY NINTH LEGISLATIVE DAY.
View Quote
ETA:  Beat by 19 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.
Thanks all!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

THE HOUSE IS ADJOURNED UNTIL 11:00 AM THURSDAY FEBRUARY 20, 2020 THE THIRTY NINTH LEGISLATIVE DAY.
I love the enthusiasm!!

That's all that matters!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#17]
KING 5 is running a story on the bills not passing.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can smell the soy and cat piss through my monitor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We have a few bills we will need to fight in the Senate, but overall Washington gun owners have fared pretty well so far.

A HUGE "THANK YOU!!!!"
View Quote
That's great news overall.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A HUGE "THANK YOU!!!!"
View Quote
That's great news overall.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A HUGE "THANK YOU!!!!"
View Quote
Way To Go ALL!!!!!!

We won this battle, but we need to stand ready for the next. The Governor and his Puppet, our Attorney General, will not relent. I suspect that they love they out of state money way too much to actually respect our wishes. Be thinking about how we stop the inevitable Initiative that will surely surface some day in our future. Stand Ready, Stand Firm!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Keep your powder dry! They are coming back for it again soon!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#24]
This is awesome. Last year when they tried to pull this shit, I was amazed to see how we were able to stop it (aside from 1639) with emails, phone calls etc.
I appreciate everyone for taking part in this, and thank you guys for updating the hometown page with intel when you got it. I’m proud of us Washingtonians. But y’all are right, keep the pressure up and the powder dry.

I think I’ll be more proactive in magazine stockpiling this year for sure. They’ll be back...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
you are 100 correct, however we have until 15 January 2021 (the start of the next legislative session) to get even MORE organized and EFFECTIVE on our defense of our inalienable right to bear arms.

WE - the loosely organized body of law-abiding Washington gun owners  pulled off a major upset against what seemed like impossible odds.  THIS is power!! Now - imagine if we had an organization that was focused solely on the State of Washington!!!

Regardless - each and every one of us on this forum did SOMETHING to contribute to the fight!!!

No effort was too small!!  I cannot stress that enough!!!

Tell your friends.  Tell your neighbors.  Tell the person in the lane next to you at the range.

We are awake!  We are alive!!  AND WE WE WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!

This is just the beginning!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is awesome. Last year when they tried to pull this shit, I was amazed to see how we were able to stop it (aside from 1639) with emails, phone calls etc.
I appreciate everyone for taking part in this, and thank you guys for updating the hometown page with intel when you got it. I’m proud of us Washingtonians.
But y’all are right, keep the pressure up and the powder dry.

I think I’ll be more proactive in magazine stockpiling this year for sure. They’ll be back...
View Quote
MOTHERF***KING YES!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Everybody here needs to call/email the Rep over the next few who added all those amendments and tell him thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Everybody here needs to call/email the Rep over the next few who added all those amendments and tell him thanks.
View Quote
Scroll down for the entire list of reps who added amendments:

SHB 2240 Status Page
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Scroll down for the entire list of reps who added amendments:

SHB 2240 Status Page
View Quote
Holy shit you weren't kidding...that's a lot of amendments!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
you are 100 correct, however we have until 15 January 2021 (the start of the next legislative session) to get even MORE organized and EFFECTIVE on our defense of our inalienable right to bear arms.

WE - the loosely organized body of law-abiding Washington gun owners  pulled off a major upset against what seemed like impossible odds.  THIS is power!! Now - imagine if we had an organization that was focused solely on the State of Washington!!!

Regardless - each and every one of us on this forum did SOMETHING to contribute to the fight!!!

Tell your friends.  Tell your neighbors.  Tell the person in the lane next to you at the range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you folks for all your work.
It took me awhile to spin up to speed wrt writing my reps, and it felt like a small thing, and still does. But we have seemingly dodged a bullet for now.  I was involved from afar in the VA thing a few weeks ago, and really learned some things from those cats.  We have to work together to develop our ability to have numbers and support those Sens and Reps who value the 2A.  I have joined the FPC and have chosen to continue my 40+ years of NRA membership.  But I feel like we have barely escaped a truly intolerable situation.
In Virginia, the VCDL acted as an umbrella for others, and eventually 50,000 2A supporters showed up in Richmond.  
This here at home was too close a call, we have to continue to improve.
Those of you here who followed the VA thing know the intensity, skill and determination they showed, and I am so proud of our Washington crew but we all know that we have to up our game to survive the next go around.  I will fight so that my children do not have to.  I'm finding it a little hard to find the right words but I am so relieved and grateful  Thank You!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m just worried that there will be a referendum that would pass.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Will any of these come up in the form of a ballot initiative.

Those fucking things scare me the most.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes!!! Jesse Young is my local rep and is a solid guy. I always get responses from him or his office. He has also been present at local hearings in our LD regarding shooters' rights on public and private land.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:24:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Great news!  Thank you to all of you on WA forum for leading the way.  VA showed that standing our ground and fighting back is the only path forward.  Let's stay vigilant and keep it going.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thank you folks for all your work.
It took me awhile to spin up to speed wrt writing my reps, and it felt like a small thing, and still does. But we have seemingly dodged a bullet for now.  I was involved from afar in the VA thing a few weeks ago, and really learned some things from those cats.  We have to work together to develop our ability to have numbers and support those Sens and Reps who value the 2A.  I have joined the FPC and have chosen to continue my 40+ years of NRA membership.  But I feel like we have barely escaped a truly intolerable situation.
In Virginia, the VCDL acted as an umbrella for others, and eventually 50,000 2A supporters showed up in Richmond.  
This here at home was too close a call, we have to continue to improve.
Those of you here who followed the VA thing know the intensity, skill and determination they showed, and I am so proud of our Washington crew but we all know that we have to up our game to survive the next go around.  I will fight so that my children do not have to.  I'm finding it a little hard to find the right words but I am so relieved and grateful  Thank You!
View Quote
The folks at VCDL have offered to come out to WA and help us become better organized politically.  I would be willing to chip in a few bucks for their travel expenses.

There have been a few "reluctant leaders" here in Washington who have emerged from the crowd.  Daniel Mitchell of Sporting Systems in Vancouver and Melissa Denney of Pistol Annie's Jewelry & Pawn in Bonney Lake.

You can catch Melissa discussing firearms laws on KREM 2 here:  (45+ min. long video)

KREM 2 Round Table Discussion: Gun Control Laws in Washington State
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The folks at VCDL have offered to come out to WA and help us become better organized politically.
View Quote
We REALLY need that. There're too many regestered repub voters who wont vote, won't talk to others, won't use social media and act like Al-Qaeda when it comes to taking action: "if it happens it's allah's will" kinda bullshit.
Or the the 'ol "I dont wanna get on the list" excuse.

Mostly its the hermit no social skills lifestyle IMHO that hurts us, and thats where progressives have us beat in spades. They're social, outgoing (therefore organized) and vocal.

ETA: who is the "us" they'd be coaching? What organized gun groups do we have right now? Wasn't this latest push all done by individuals communicating via social media (FB, arfcom, other gunboards.....)?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The folks at VCDL have offered to come out to WA and help us become better organized politically.  I would be willing to chip in a few bucks for their travel expenses.
View Quote
I am in to support this.

Not sure if anyone seen the quote from the AG, unbelievable.

"Attorney General Bob Ferguson issued the following statement Wednesday: "Republican legislators have effectively filibustered the bill. That’s disappointing, given that statewide polling shows that nearly two-thirds of Washingtonians support limiting high-capacity magazines. If there’s a mass shooting using a high-capacity magazine in one of our schools or communities, these legislators will be accountable to the victims and their families."
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you everyone for your efforts!

Quoted:

I am in to support this.

"Attorney General Bob Ferguson issued the following statement Wednesday: "Republican legislators have effectively filibustered the bill. That’s disappointing, given that statewide polling shows that nearly two-thirds of Washingtonians support limiting high-capacity magazines. If there’s a mass shooting using a high-capacity magazine in one of our schools or communities, these legislators will be accountable to the victims and their families."
View Quote
Where is this guy quoting the statistics from? Did he just make that up?

Why doesn't he look at FBI's statistics that says number of murders using ANY rifle in 2018 was 2 in WA?

And it is so hard to change that 15-round magazine twice instead of once with standard cap.....yeah right.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am in to support this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in to support this.

@simplefolk and @twoduecetrey, I’m in to support this as well. Bob Ferguson has no fucking clue what he is doing on this front, the dude is a blind gun grabber (see how he handled the Defense Distributed 3D printed gun case), and if we put in the work we can definitely outmaneuver his office. Please let me know how I can help. Both financially and otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am in to support this.

View Quote
Is there a way to get the truth out on that to make him look like the POS he is?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top