Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/6/2018 11:16:53 PM EDT
See thread title. "We" being those who don't want to live in East Kali.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh.  I’m finishing the last plumbing and wood work on my Airstream.   Then I’m gonna check out Montana probably.  Idaho.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking somewhere warmer.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Only just got here from NJ in the spring.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Wisconsin
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Wyoming or Idaho, in 10-15 years
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The wife n i were talking about this subject
Saturday... im thinking of a place warmer as well.
I retire in less than five years..
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 5 on my list. Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and North and South Dakota. I have to do some research on jobs, certain cities, gun laws etc. but I am positive I will be moving sometime in 2019.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've lived here my entire life since the 1970's(Fort Collins). I have no hope that Colorado will ever recover and our rights will be gutted and we will be made into criminals over night with the stroke of a pen. It is too expensive here anyway. My wife is a surgical nurse and I'm thinking she could get a good job just about anywhere with her skill set. We would like to go to a very conservative state with low cost of living. How is Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Nebraska ect? I'm open to all suggestions!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw this on YouTube the other day. My wife even showed interest.

The Artist in Winter - That's WY
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Planning on starting to build my "last home" in Tennessee this coming year, hope to retire there by 2025 if I can make it that long. Hind sight being 20/20 and all, moving here was one of my great mistakes in life.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Planning on starting to build my "last home" in Tennessee this coming year, hope to retire there by 2025 if I can make it that long. Hind sight being 20/20 and all, moving here was one of my great mistakes in life.
View Quote
I'd almost say the same if it weren't for all of the excellent climbing (and climbing women) out here I've done.

TN is on my list.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd almost say the same if it weren't for all of the excellent climbing (and climbing women) out here I've done.

TN is on my list.
View Quote
Well most of my family is out there and I just inherited some of my grandpa's farms so I've got 500-700 acres to choose where to put a house now. It's a beautiful state.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Was planning on going from the Front Range to the west side when my wife retires in a few years. Now we are thinking of going to her home country of north Alabama near Huntsville. I hate to leave the mtns but a CA blue state won't be nice. Plus homes cost roughly half as much in AL.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wyoming or Idaho, in 10-15 years
View Quote
I feel ya... 20 fo me...

I might be able to get a job in TN but noving would be hard, so die in place is the plan for now.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Nashville area is at the top of our list.  Looks to be happening.  My wife is a native and is absolutely dismayed with this state.  Hates what it has become thanks to liberal Californians, Texans and Midwesterners.  I'm also tired of the water issues in Colorado and the always bitching about lack of water.  Can't wait to move actually, have to wait for my youngest kid to graduate, should be 8 years.  Starting out search now though for places to live in tn.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nashville area is at the top of our list.  Looks to be happening.  My wife is a native and is absolutely dismayed with this state.  Hates what it has become thanks to liberal Californians, Texans and Midwesterners.  I'm also tired of the water issues in Colorado and the always bitching about lack of water.  Can't wait to move actually, have to wait for my youngest kid to graduate, should be 8 years.  Starting out search now though for places to live in tn.
View Quote
I take exception to the Midwesterners mention, unless you mean people from Shitcago and Detroit. I think that you meant Northeasterners and you should be given a hard time for not mentioning them.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nashville is skyrocketing in cost, not sure what you're smoking.

This dream of some paradise is never gonna happen.  Mentioning other states with different problems of their own doesn't somehow make for a miracle solution.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Only just got here from NJ in the spring.
View Quote
It's still better.  Moved here from New Brunswick  in '98.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I take exception to the Midwesterners mention, unless you mean people from Shitcago and Detroit. I think that you meant Northeasterners and you should be given a hard time for not mentioning them.  
View Quote
Ha.  Yeah seems like I've run into a lot of Michigan, Wisconsin etc. people who would love to be "gun free".
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nashville is skyrocketing in cost, not sure what you're smoking.

This dream of some paradise is never gonna happen.  Mentioning other states with different problems of their own doesn't somehow make for a miracle solution.
View Quote
Still cheaper than here and more stuff to do and easier drives to some interesting places.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Considering New Hampshire and Maine after I graduate here.  Cheap lobster and crab cakes and so cold that it keeps everyone else from moving there permanently.  Housing ain't out of control like it is here too.  The chance to own an actual colonial home is appealing as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#22]
well, 2025 is going to be way too late.  Open your eyes people. Sorry, this state has been dead since 2013 or so and it's going to accelerate.  Go look at California for our future.

But for me, one of the big items on the list is that the state cannot have a large urban population center that dominate the voting pattern.  Look at any state you wish, and outside the urban areas it's normal and inside the urban areas it's not pretty but if they have the numbers, it dominates the corruption and graft.  (errr I mean voting)

This approach also gets you away from crowds which is going to be increasingly important I think.

JMHO
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Utah, or Alaska. Unfortunately the company I work for has mines in zero of those states. I really don't want to eject, but if the Californiafication keeps up, I wont be able to stand it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Poland or Czech Republic
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Wife and I were talking about this the other day. Planning a move to AZ next year to be closer to family, but it's looking scary there too...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#26]
States that are OUT

Oregon and Washington (I mean duh, no explanation needed)

Nevada:  dominated politically by Vegas (and teh unions) and too close to Kali  (plus damn, have you been to Nevada?  ugh)

Utah:  any state stupid enough to elect  Mitt "the new John McCain" Rommney as senator, well fuck that.  out

NM:  dems run it, too many indian reservations, etc.  never going to get better.  good food though

AZ:  too close to Kali, too close to the border, dominated by Phoenix/Tuscon

Illinois (duh, no explanation needed)

Minnesota  (the new Somalia,  yeah, that's going to end well, plus dominated completely by MN/St Paul)

the entire northeast.   (maybe not Maine, i simply dont' know).   MD, NY, NJ, DE, NH, VT, MA.   really shouldn't need to explain

AK:  too cold for my pansy butt

HI:   way leftist nut job and racist and too expensive.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
States that are OUT

Oregon and Washington (I mean duh, no explanation needed)

Nevada:  dominated politically by Vegas (and teh unions) and too close to Kali  (plus damn, have you been to Nevada?  ugh)

Utah:  any state stupid enough to elect  Mitt "the new John McCain" Rommney as senator, well fuck that.  out

NM:  dems run it, too many indian reservations, etc.  never going to get better.  good food though

AZ:  too close to Kali, too close to the border, dominated by Phoenix/Tuscon

Illinois (duh, no explanation needed)

Minnesota  (the new Somalia,  yeah, that's going to end well, plus dominated completely by MN/St Paul)

the entire northeast.   (maybe not Maine, i simply dont' know).   MD, NY, NJ, DE, NH, VT, MA.   really shouldn't need to explain

AK:  too cold for my pansy butt

HI:   way leftist nut job and racist and too expensive.
View Quote
Why not NH?  Their gun laws are pretty lax and they seem to rank high on freedom in general.  Biggest city there is Manchester at 112k, so they don't dominate the political climate as much.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/overall/new-hampshire
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I am not moving.
I love Colorado despite it's faults. No other place I'd want to be.

Plus, for my job, the alternatives are Alabama, LA, or DC.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.  I do laundry and cook some meals for my parents, and I'm not bailing on that.  Priorities.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]
So far I'm thinking South Dakota, Nebraska because they seem solid red and keep me close to family in Colorado. How are the gun laws in those 2 states? Anyone spend any time there?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Idaho and Montana are being blue invaded as we speak.  It may not be an ideal place as it’ll become what Colorado is now
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Stand and fight. The progressive plague will follow you wherever you go if you choose to cut and run.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stand and fight. The progressive plague will follow you wherever you go if you choose to cut and run.
View Quote
Sorry, Lew. Many of us fought pretty hard for the last 5 yrs. The R Party here sucks and more statists arrive here every second. It's insurmountable and fighting it now is pissing up a rope.

Signed,
Mr. Positive
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sorry, Lew. Many of us fought pretty hard for the last 5 yrs. The R Party here sucks and more statists arrive here every second. It's insurmountable and fighting it now is pissing up a rope.

Signed,
Mr. Positive
View Quote
this, exactly this.

We are not voting our way out of this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Just gotta vote harder!
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Central America should be wide open in a couple of years
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Idaho is full now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#41]
What happens if we stay and keep on keepin' on? If they do get a semi-auto ban in place do you think it will be enforced or like the mag ban where you can still buy 30 rounders in any gun shop still?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What happens if we stay and keep on keepin' on? If they do get a semi-auto ban in place do you think it will be enforced or like the mag ban where you can still buy 30 rounders in any gun shop still?
View Quote
Who knows. With Weiser coming in he could be an anti gun zealot like Healey in Mass, yes the 30 rd mag limit isn't enforced now, but its on the books and I could see that jerk pushing for enforcement of it and whatever else they pass next year.

I love colorado, I have commitments that require me to be here for another 8-9 years, but by then who the hell knows how Idaho and MT will be? I honestly think they are 10-12 years behind CO as far as Kali transplants taking over.  Literally half of my neighborhood is Kali transplants driving Prius's Im not exaggerating in the least. And Im in CO springs not Denver. I wonder how they are voting?

I like Rapid City SD, I doubt that place would ever go blue, but who knows.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Who knows. With Weiser coming in he could be an anti gun zealot like Healey in Mass, yes the 30 rd mag limit isn't enforced now, but its on the books and I could see that jerk pushing for enforcement of it and whatever else they pass next year.

I love colorado, I have commitments that require me to be here for another 8-9 years, but by then who the hell knows how Idaho and MT will be? I honestly think they are 10-12 years behind CO as far as Kali transplants taking over.  Literally half of my neighborhood is Kali transplants driving Prius's Im not exaggerating in the least. And Im in CO springs not Denver. I wonder how they are voting?

I like Rapid City SD, I doubt that place would ever go blue, but who knows.
View Quote
Well if you check the last half dozen elections, El Paso County is still pretty dang conservative. The Rs beat the Ds 2:1 in most elections.  And the denvercrats hate us for it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well if you check the last half dozen elections, El Paso County is still pretty dang conservative. The Rs beat the Ds 2:1 in most elections.  And the denvercrats hate us for it.
View Quote
That's true but unfortunately Denver and Boulder are about to have all the power to make the rules.........what then? An AG that will push for enforcement of all the insane gun laws on the books is not appealing. After guns, what other insane liberal policies are they going to ram down our throats? I've got 5-6 years that I need to finish up here before I can hopefully enact my early retirement plan.......going to be a tough time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#45]
If you like the southeast there's a few good places there. Im considering ultimately retiring to the mountains of Western NC or Eastern TN.  If VA weren't so damn expensive as a whole I'd go to Western VA in a heartbeat.  If PA holds out I might consider moving back there, but I doubt my home state will ultimately last.

My list of places I want to live gets shorter and shorter every year it seems.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#46]
TN and KY are considerations for the SE. Maybe WV, too. I'm not sure if I consider WV the SE, but I thought that I would mention it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I relo'd to Nashville 6mo ago. Traffic is much worse than expected, however the area is smaller so everywhere is closer. Also real estate seems similar to CO, $400k 1000sq ft condo. I have still have a house back in CO (may sell next year).

Sure wish land was cheaper in the Smokies. Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge is odd with all the carnival type attractions, outside of those compact areas it's wilderness.

Knoxville maybe more convenient for a mountain rendezvous.

Also, unlike the mountain in CO, you cannot just find somewhere to shoot in the open in TN. Luckily, I have a relative with land a couple hours away.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Was planning on going from the Front Range to the west side when my wife retires in a few years. Now we are thinking of going to her home country of north Alabama near Huntsville. I hate to leave the mtns but a CA blue state won't be nice. Plus homes cost roughly half as much in AL.
View Quote
That's exactly where we were a couple years ago - leaving the Springs and going to the Western Slope.   Now we think it's better to just get out completely because Polis, et.al. are going to accelerate the Californication of this state.

As for Huntsville, that's where we came FROM nearly 30 yrs ago.   It's changed quite a bit since then, but there are definitely worse places in the SE.   Take a look into the Muscle Shoals/Sheffield/Tuscumbia area.   If for whatever reason I had to move back to the South my first choice would be East TN between Chattanooga and Knoxville like Cleveland, Athens, Maryville.

As is, we're looking into UT and NM though NM looks like a lateral move politically except for the population growth rate.    It's a real shame though because the weather and outdoor recreating activities here are fantastic (though I can see the lefties curtailing the latter like they have in Cali).
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I think we should carve out Denver and Boulder.  Make them independent of the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think we should carve out Denver and Boulder.  Make them independent of the rest of the state.
View Quote
That would be nice, but control freaks want to control.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top