Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 9:06:24 AM EDT
2 more weeks? NE Marion Co. area.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh you could do it now.  Typically you want to have it done prior to daily temps hitting 85 degrees or higher.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Been thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m giving it until the first week in March
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
wait a little till grass is more actively growing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you guys use?
I tried Scott 3 in 1 last year and I felt like I was feeding the weeds.

Thank you letting me know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't found any that works these days. It seems that they have removed
the ingredients that kill even broad leaf weeds. I tried Bayer and Scotts bonus S
over the last year and a half. Followed directions and still have a lot of dollar
weed. I have been killing it with baking soda. They also do not seem to have
an pre emergent properties any longer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I hit mine a few days ago.  It started growing this past week, that's when you know it's time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
still have a lot of dollar
weed.
View Quote

Dollar weed is from over watering. Cut your times in half.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dollar weed is from over watering. Cut your times in half.
View Quote

I do not water very often at all and do not live in a wet place. Dollar
weed comes from dollar weed seeds
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I usually never use weed&feed as I've found spraying Atrazine with a sticker a whole lot more effective and I typically add a little Lontrel in the mix as well.  Two applications about 14 days apart and be done with it, fert whenever you feel you need it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do not water very often at all and do not live in a wet place. Dollar
weed comes from dollar weed seeds
View Quote

Getting Rid of Dollar Weed Naturally Since this weed thrives in overly moist areas, the best way to treat dollar weed is by reducing moisture in the affected area with proper mowing and irrigation. You should also improve any drainage issues that may be present.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Eliminate Dollar Weed – How To Kill Dollar Weed https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/eliminate-dollar-weed.htm
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
, it became too much work for my old broken ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh you could do it now.  Typically you want to have it done prior to daily temps hitting 85 degrees or higher.
View Quote

^------This

Typically you weed and feed after the last cold snap of the season before March 1st.  I cheated and laid it down today knowing this weekend will be the last cold front. I figured I'd let the light rain water it in today.  I also supplement with liquid atrazine for spot treatment of already established weeds.  The W&F works best if you get it in the soil BEFORE weeds germinate.

If your grass is actively growing fast, you waited too long.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Think op is trying to say he lives in a swamp that never dries up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Getting Rid of Dollar Weed Naturally Since this weed thrives in overly moist areas, the best way to treat dollar weed is by reducing moisture in the affected area with proper mowing and irrigation. You should also improve any drainage issues that may be present.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Eliminate Dollar Weed  How To Kill Dollar Weed https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/eliminate-dollar-weed.htm
View Quote
I'll have to check this out.

I haven't had the irrigation system on in 6 months and have dollarweed (and countless others I've never seen before) running rampant.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Stick yer finger in the ground and see if it is wet.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have noticed a growing number of types of weeds in my yard over the last 3 or 4 years and
one correlation is that most of the neighbors now have lawn services doing their yards. I bet they
spread weed seeds around like crack whore spreads around STDs
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have noticed a growing number of types of weeds in my yard over the last 3 or 4 years and
one correlation is that most of the neighbors now have lawn services doing their yards. I bet they
View Quote

Could be the blowers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Could be the blowers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be the blowers.

That and the mowers pick up all kinds of stuff that can be on the deck or stuck under it to
dry and then be blown out at the next location.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Did ours yesterday just before the showers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#22]
The time is now down in the southern part of the state as temps will be rising and the window for application is closing, so I will likely be spraying sometime this week after work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top